ADVERTISEMENT

What about Mike Brey?

Dec 29, 2005
Watching the ND vs Duke game and I really like how fundamentally sound ND plays. A lot of names of potential replacements for CTC have been bandied about on this board should he get released, but I have not seen Brey's name mentioned. Would he be a popular hire among IU fans?

ND plays fundamental, he's already in Indiana, and he seems to get the most out of the talent he gets. With the recruiting limitations at ND (academics) and the grind of being in the ACC, would he be interested in the opportunity to coach at a tradition-rich school like IU? Admittedly, I don't know much about his loyalty to ND, or other factors, so he may not even be interested. That said, Brey and IU looks like a good match stylistically.

Thoughts?

He wouldn't leave ND. He's a lifer at this point.

Arguably the best offensive mind in the game. ND's offense is an absolute clinic. He would make a great NBA coach. IU's offense would be a terror with Brey. Not happening though. IU would hate his recruiting. ND is typically Philly, Jersey, NY guys. He likes the gritty East Coast kids. Never cared for in-state recruiting very much.

I like Brey... But I too think he's got tenure at ND... And well deserved too... Love what he does with the talent he finds... Not to mention... He's a step-child at ND... Considering it's been known as a football school since... Well... Forever...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT