ADVERTISEMENT

What a great weekend

NoVertical

Senior
Nov 29, 2003
First, Buckyville walks off the court with their Bo faces and arms in the air and then the good guys go in Mad City and take down Wiskyburg. Dang, what a great weekend! And all I'm hearing up here is, "Uhhhh... that was interference! That was interference... Whaaaahhhhh!" What a great weekend!

NoVertical, was worried something happened as hadn't seen you on Wiskyburg week. You must be the happiest person in Cheeseland today. Have a wonderful week up there.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
First, Buckyville walks off the court with their Bo faces and arms in the air and then the good guys go in Mad City and take down Wiskyburg. Dang, what a great weekend! And all I'm hearing up here is, "Uhhhh... that was interference! That was interference... Whaaaahhhhh!" What a great weekend!

Well..., in my opinion, it was clearly interference... but having seen similar plays by the oppositions DB's come up a No Call against us for the past 53 years I can't say it bothers me as much as it probably should...

The Big Ten standard for pass interference these days seems to be that anything less than ripping the opponents helmet off and beating them unconscious with it is now considered "letting them play"...

Nice to be on the plus side of things for a change...

Let Wisconsin see how the other half has had to live... Not a happy place to be in is it Barry & Friends...😉

Last edited:
Well..., in my opinion, it was clearly interference... but having seen similar plays by the oppositions DB's come up a No Call against us for the past 53 years I can't say it bothers me as much as it probably should...

The Big Ten standard for pass interference these days seems to be that anything less than ripping the opponents helmet off and beating them unconscious with it is now considered "letting them play"...

Nice to be on the plus side of things for a change...

Let Wisconsin see how the other half has had to live... Not a happy place to be in is it Barry & Friends...😉
To be fair, the receiver's arm was in Taylor's chest (presumably in an attempt to create space), and Taylor got his hand on the ball. When the contact goes both ways and the DB makes a play on the ball and doesn't just play the receiver, the refs typically are reluctant to throw the flag. Especially in clutch end-of-game situations like that.

To be fair, the receiver's arm was in Taylor's chest (presumably in an attempt to create space), and Taylor got his hand on the ball. When the contact goes both ways and the DB makes a play on the ball and doesn't just play the receiver, the refs typically are reluctant to throw the flag. Especially in clutch end-of-game situations like that.
Exactly, thought Taylor interfered until the replay revealed that receiver extended his arm. Good no call.

I believe the ball actually hit Reese in the back of his right arm around the elbow and the WR extended his left arm right before it.

Good no-call.

Reactions: IU73 and vesuvius13
It was a good no call as the receiver was trying to keep Reese from the ball.

Reactions: IU73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT