ADVERTISEMENT

What a BS call

X has no emotional control....
I'd make him run the steps of Assembly Hall 1st thing in the morning talking trash the whole time

Reactions: iulb
XJ gives and takes away, his three pointer resulted in four points the other way (two tech FTs made, then X gets the ball and scores). Net loss. XJ can win games and lose them. Leaders only help win games. Until XJ gets control of his emotions then for all of the good he does when he is playing well there is always a risk. It was a stupid play on his part, he knows the rules. Then, worse, he tries to peddle that he didn't do anything, when it was obvious he did. Sound familiar? Kind of like saying you weren't driving the vehicle when you get nailed for speeding.

The Zebras are the game, not the teams on the floor.
Really disappointing

If I didn’t know any better, I’d think TV Teddy was officiating tonight. So many momentum killing dumb whistles or non-whistles… Terrible refs.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
You have to play the long game. If you take the good with the bad now with Xavier Johnson. You set up the bad costing you dearly later. Woodson has his flaws, but he is working on controlling X.

BS double standard.
Maybe this belongs on the WC.. But the way those “taunting“ calls were made only reinforces the perception of racism in sports. The big white boy can posterize, stare down, and move on.. But the scary looking large black man with funny hair can make a menacing face and gets T’d up immediately. I don’t include XJ because he clearly intentionally turned toward the bench and said something no matter how innocuous. I’m not claiming the refs were intentionally racist but this is the kind of BS that allows skin melanin composition to always be a topic when it shouldn’t. Hope I surprised Rikki with this since he’s already accused me this week of spewing right wing drivel

I agree but my $$$ would have been on Kopp the entire ball game tonight over the two freshman who didnt get in the game. Big three late for Kopp saved the Hoosiers. Just not the perfect enviroment to gamble on those two this early.
My point is during the time before MK hits the 3 Banks or Gunn would have scored 4-5 points within the offense cause they can move with and without the ball. Harder to guard than Miller.

I guess by now, we have all seen what X is and will continue to be…he has improved so much to the point where he really can, and has taken over games. Unfortunately, he seems at critical times, incapable of reigning himself and his emotions in, to the detriment of the team. He will continue to have the ball in his hands in late game, tight situations. Opposing teams know he can get overly emotional and will do all they can to get him to react. Refs know it too and will keep him on a short leash due to his history. It’s up to him to make the right decisions not to hurt his team. I hope he can do that.

I guess by now, we have all seen what X is and will continue to be…he has improved so much to the point where he really can, and has taken over games. Unfortunately, he seems at critical times, incapable of reigning himself and his emotions in, to the detriment of the team. He will continue to have the ball in his hands in late game, tight situations. Opposing teams know he can get overly emotional and will do all they can to get him to react. Refs know it too and will keep him on a short leash due to his history. It’s up to him to make the right decisions not to hurt his team. I hope he can do that.

You do agree then it is because of his emotions we won the game right? I think we all agree without his emotions yesterday we clearly lose. Justifying his emotions yesterday as a positive, and also warranting them going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT