ADVERTISEMENT

What 4/5 and 1 do you not want to see.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
90% sure we get a 4, but the NCAA always likes to screw us so I expect a 5 and Duke as a 4 in our region.

If we can avoid UCLA, or KU as the one I’m good with it. Would love Houston to be honest. Would guess the eyeballs would like that matchup too.

If we get a 5. We will draw Oral Roberts, Duke, and Houston. Bank on it.

Reactions: kkott
90% sure we get a 4, but the NCAA always likes to screw us so I expect a 5 and Duke as a 4 in our region.

If we can avoid UCLA, or KU as the one I’m good with it. Would love Houston to be honest. Would guess the eyeballs would like that matchup too.

I think it will take intervention by Reynolds for IU to get a 4 seed. They aren't seeding IU ahead of Xavier, K-State or Iowa State, I don't think. I see 1 spot available of the Top 16 seeds, and I think San Diego St. would be much more likely than IU. As you said, if they do snub SD State, then it will be Duke or possibly even A&M if they win today. I honestly think that we're a lot closer to a #6 seed than a #4. The late rally may have kept us from dropping to a 6, because our predictive metrics would have taken a big hit if we lost by 15.

I don't think Houston should even be a 1 seed.

I think it will take intervention by Reynolds for IU to get a 4 seed. They aren't seeding IU ahead of Xavier, K-State or Iowa State, I don't think. I see 1 spot available of the Top 16 seeds, and I think San Diego St. would be much more likely than IU. As you said, if they do snub SD State, then it will be Duke or possibly even A&M if they win today. I honestly think that we're a lot closer to a #6 seed than a #4. The late rally may have kept us from dropping to a 6, because our predictive metrics would have taken a big hit if we lost by 15.

I don't think Houston should even be a 1 seed.
F* Houston and Purdue. Both should be 2 seeds.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
F* Houston and Purdue. Both should be 2 seeds.
I still think Purdue is deserving as long as they don't lose to PSU, but I think it'll be really interesting to see what the committee does with Houston.

The Cougs have been way out in front in predictive metrics for a while now, but their resume is as soft as Charmin. I always like to look to see how the top teams fared vs other teams in consideration for the protected seeds. Houston is 0-1 losing at home to Bama. Then Bama is only 1-4 themselves, with their only W coming over Houston. Houston is also the only team with a bad loss (home loss to Temple) among the 7 #1 seed possibilities.

Houston's win at UVA looked great for a while, but UVA probably has no shot at a protected seed. If UCLA didn't have the injury issues. I wouldn't even have Houston as my top #2 seed.

Saw a bracket on Bracket matrix:
- 1 Kansas
8/9 Arkansas/Illinois
5 Duke (Greensboro)
4 Indiana
6 Tx A&M
3 Uconn
7 Sparty
2 Arizona.

God please.. Dont allow this to happen!

Indiana had a chance to show they are the 2nd best Big Ten team and they failed.

Purdue will be a #2 seed. Houston a #1 and IU a #5. But to me it doesn't make a difference what seed any Big Ten teams get. They all can battle but none are dominant. Indiana will struggle against well coached teams with good defensive guards or any team that hits a lot of 3's.

I want

I DO want SDSU as our 4 or 5 and Houston as our 1
Indiana had a chance to show they are the 2nd best Big Ten team and they failed.

Purdue will be a #2 seed. Houston a #1 and IU a #5. But to me it doesn't make a difference what seed any Big Ten teams get. They all can battle but none are dominant. Indiana will struggle against well coached teams with good defensive guards or any team that hits a lot of 3's.
Which... Basically.. Every team would in the tournament..

We’ll get Duke and Kansas…just hoping the 1st round opponent isn’t an outside bomber type team.

I had said since last night, the one team that is very similar to PSU, NW and Iowa is Drake… so who did Indiana get as possible second round team?????

Woody needs to talk to Michael Lewis.
Play solid defense. Move the ball around and get TJD the ball a lot in different places…move on, probably easily.

Struggle to guard the ball…overhelp…lackadaisical…run our plodding, low player and ball movement offense that we revert to, too much…opens up any decent team to beat us.

Final 4. That is all
Based on what? First game will be tough...Miami/Drake winner not easy either. I think we got a good draw, and I'm hopeful we get to week 2, but I want some of what you're smoking (mine isn't good enough apparently 😉)

Based on what? First game will be tough...Miami/Drake winner not easy either. I think we got a good draw, and I'm hopeful we get to week 2, but I want some of what you're smoking (mine isn't good enough apparently 😉)
Kent State cant shoot threes, that's all I really care about in these first round teams. Biggest guy is also 6'9. Good luck with TJD, in his last game ever approach.

Ill hook you up anytime, they are finding mushrooms in KY!!!

Reactions: BcBranimal
Kent State cant shoot threes, that's all I really care about in these first round teams. Biggest guy is also 6'9. Good luck with TJD, in his last game ever approach.

No metric, team or conference scares me about them. No to 25 wins or quad 1 wins.

Their 3 non-con losses were to Houston by 5, Charleston by 2, and Zaga by 7...they can ball, hoping our guards can match intensity. I'm hoping everyone takes the "last game ever" approach, get us back to how we were playing after the horrendous 1-4 B10 start.

Couple weeks before shit is really popping here in Brown/Monroe/Lawrence/Greene counties...I'm ready to get out there and slay the '23 season :)

Reactions: Cavanagh
LOL. He might also call Kurt Hastings, Tom Cloverdale, or Isaiah Thompson.
You do realize they both played for Knight and Lewis played Kent St twice this year right?

Seems logical to get on a call together to see what Lewis saw with personnel, etc. I would wager that’s what other winning programs do in these types of situations. Maybe that’s why they are winning programs.

Get it?

Reactions: stollcpa
First we have to win but that isnt great. How did they only get a 5 seed.
ACC was down this year, but I think they shared or were tops in the regular season. Think they also lost a starter vs Duke. Good guards, but don't think that's a horrible draw for us. Gonna play a good team in that round and they may not get past Drake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT