ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, McNeeley’s out

The question is why would he want to leave or maybe why his mother has stated that havent heard anything from Woodson for months.
Not doubting you, but where did you see that about his mom? Got a link?

If that is true, and I'm the AD, I'm walking into his office today and having one hell of a heated conversation. This is coaching (and sales) 101. I've been over Woody for a while, but if this is what happened...I'm turning into one of the pitchfork carrying fans.

Reactions: GThomas
don't think he ever played a minute for IU.

Family now runs a high end gelato biz in SoCal....

I stand corrected, thanks. Probably the only period of time in Coach Knight's career that recruiting turned south.

I stand corrected, thanks. Probably the only period of time in Coach Knight's career that recruiting turned south.
I think he played in a recruits game in Assembly Hall in Spring of '93 with Wilkerson, Hart, etc... Nick Nolte was there as part of his studying his Blue Chips role. But Monty decided to go elsewhere over the summer or maybe play in Europe.

that was the turning point for sure. The last half of the 90s was not a lot of fun. Was obvious that things had changed in Bloomington. And we've not been 'right' ever since.
Neither the '93 or '94 classes panned out, which really sunk the program for the late 90s. In '93 we brought in Wilkerson, Hart, Mandeville, and Eggers-2 got kicked out and 2 produced very little over 4 years. We all thought "we're back" with Patterson, Miller, Reed, Rob Hodgeson, and Michael Hermon in '94. Patterson and Miller each had a few decent moments, but were largely disappointing based on their rankings, Hodgeson transferred to Rutgers w/o every playing a minute at IU, and the other two-we all know their stories.

Neither the '93 or '94 classes panned out, which really sunk the program for the late 90s. In '93 we brought in Wilkerson, Hart, Mandeville, and Eggers-2 got kicked out and 2 produced very little over 4 years. We all thought "we're back" with Patterson, Miller, Reed, Rob Hodgeson, and Michael Hermon in '94. Patterson and Miller each had a few decent moments, but were largely disappointing based on their rankings, Hodgeson transferred to Rutgers w/o every playing a minute at IU, and the other two-we all know their stories.
all true. I tried to dismiss Reid's departure and also Collier...but Recker was the wake up call for me. Kids like that.....they never left the IU program in the past. Then we learn that he tried to leave after his frosh year but RMK convinced him to stay. He was just counting the days as his soph season ended. When he left, I had to admit that the program has slid off the road.

Reactions: GeddyHoosier
Many things have changed in Bloomington. A cultural change of darkness has been allowed to permeate our ranks. Maybe its upcoming solar eclipse will signal the dawning of a new era, an awakening or sorts.
nah, I'm banking on the change mechanism to be the absolute hell we fans will have to endure next year.

Kansas going full throttle on Liam, per the KU board.
water is wet. KU was his number two....so with IU taken out....they move to No 1.

It's simple math...plus a million NIL dollars. He's be starting SG on a team with serious bigs to thin the defense, that will likely be pre-season #1. And a million dollars richer. Simple choice.

I think he played in a recruits game in Assembly Hall in Spring of '93 with Wilkerson, Hart, etc... Nick Nolte was there as part of his studying his Blue Chips role. But Monty decided to go elsewhere over the summer or maybe play in Europe.
yeah I have vague memory of that. He had heavy knee braces on (at least that's what my fading brain recalls) like his knees were already well on their way to being shot.

Assuming Woody stays, Ware goes pro, I predict MM, MR, Gunn, Banks, Sparks and Cupps hit the portal. Trouble brewing in Bloomington,
I think this is correct. If it happens, I think it tells everyone (except IU admin and BOT) that playing for Woodson is unpleasant and the team is no good..

I think this is correct. If it happens, I think it tells everyone (except IU admin and BOT) that playing for Woodson is unpleasant and the team is no good..
if that plays out, only a band of high-paid rental mercenaries would keep next year from being perhaps the worst time in this program since Sampson's departure.

I think Dolson was ready to move but he didn’t have the rest onboard. Supposedly a transaction of some sort from certain big donors happened to keep woody for whatever reason. People are hinting at it. The administration etc…is just to far gone I guess.

Reactions: BigAppleHoosier
if anyone wants to know what will happen with the program, I’m happy to spill the beans.

I’m much better than an insider. The reason being is that I have no contact with anyone at IU, and I’ve done my best to ignore anyone that spreads info/rumors etc

Imho, the last people in the world that I would trust to know what is going on with IU basketball is the people close to the situation. Dolson, Buckner, Woodson, blah, blah, blah.

None of them have a clue.

nah, I'm banking on the change mechanism to be the absolute hell we fans will have to endure next year.
It’s time to purge the demons of disaster, a time to sow the seeds of a new reality, more wonderful than ever experienced. It starts with hiring a coach of reputable college resume (pronounced REZ-oo-may). IU has no use for former stars today found living on Easy St. College coaching takes vigorous pursuit of excellence 24/7. No time for humidor-stored cigars!

It’s time to purge the demons of disaster, a time to sow the seeds of a new reality, more wonderful than ever experienced. It starts with hiring a coach of reputable college resume (pronounced REZ-oo-may). IU has no use for former stars today found living on Easy St. College coaching takes vigorous pursuit of excellence 24/7. No time for humidor-stored cigars!

If that is true, and I'm the AD, I'm walking into his office today and having one hell of a heated conversation. This is coaching (and sales) 101. I've been over Woody for a while, but if this is what happened...I'm turning into one of the pitchfork carrying fans.
Btownbanners.com

We’ll never know if it’s true, but it does seem possible, and that’s bad enough. We should all be saying “no way our coach wasn’t busting his ass and was committed to McNeely”.

listening to Coyle....he speculates that McN is actually going to follow Queen to MD.

Not buying that. But after this past week, I'm not discounting anything.
Can’t we say he can’t go to another big ten team? I would for sure, screw that. I remember schools use to do that when people wanted out of a LOI.

Can’t we say he can’t go to another big ten team? I would for sure, screw that. I remember schools use to do that when people wanted out of a LOI.
Coyle had Kravitz on...not a big fan of either but Kravitz did ask a good question...what the hell good is a LOI at this point?

yeah I thought the school could block them from going somewhere else in-conference.

Coyle had Kravitz on...not a big fan of either but Kravitz did ask a good question...what the hell good is a LOI at this point?

yeah I thought the school could block them from going somewhere else in-conference.
I would block everything. No uk no big ten, anyone we play. Hell no army

I would absolutely make “no BIG teams” a condition of any release

With BTB exploding, IU fans overwhelming Trilly’s discord, and Peegsters supposedly pissed at the Hysterics idiots blaming the fans, I have to admit it’s all pretty funny.
ok so I peeked in..and saw an interesting and possibly plausible theory.

McN has been planning to de-commit for a while. Woody stopped showing love and was obvious the system isn't great for shooters. If CMW had been dismissed, Liam gets an automatic get-out-of-LOI pass due to coach dismissal. When they announced CMW was returning, the McN camp was forced to pull the trigger.

Of all the things I've read over the past 24 hrs, this makes the most sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT