ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Khalil Benson!!!

With Mayala that's two good gets . . . how many are we taking during this window? Are there more in play besides S. Williams?

Reactions: vesuvius13
With Mayala that's two good gets . . . how many are we taking during this window? Are there more in play besides S. Williams?

There were rumors about Swann DE/DT Grad/Transfer from Stanford (originally from Center Grove H.S. in Indiana) having have shown some interest but I have no firsthand knowledge concerning that.

A JUCO T/G was offered..., as was a T/G who wavered with Tulane had looked interested in us but with Khalil Benson coming in "maybe" we've moved past those 2 offers...??

Either one of those two may still be considered as a G however...

Short answer: no idea...;)

Last edited:
There were rumors about Swann DE/DT Grad/Transfer from Stanford (originally from Center Grove H.S. in Indiana) having have shown some interest but I have no firsthand knowledge concerning that.

A JUCO T/G was offered as was a T/G who wavered with Tulane had looked interested in us but with Khalil Benson coming in "maybe" we've moved past those offers...?? Either one of those two may still be considered as a G however...

Swann has not graduated yet, so he can’t transfer until after this semester, but it seems we sit well with him.
We did not offer Tuttle and he signed with Tulane, I believe.

A JUCO T/G was offered as was a T/G who wavered with Tulane had looked interested in us but with Khalil Benson coming in "maybe" we've moved past those offers...?? Either one of those two may still be considered as a G however...

I think we will try to land another DL and another OL grad transfer this summer. Gotta keep trying to get better.

As for today, we finished well!

I could swear we had 20 commits listed before Benson and now we show 19 and dropped in Team Rankings to the 50's. Did we lose a verbal commit or am I losing my mind?

I could swear we had 20 commits listed before Benson and now we show 19 and dropped in Team Rankings to the 50's. Did we lose a verbal commit or am I losing my mind?

They had continued to list the Smith OT kid from MI and Williams, the big TE from FLO, as verbals

I think we will try to land another DL and another OL grad transfer this summer. Gotta keep trying to get better.

As for today, we finished well!
I'll bite on a DL grad transfer. I'm satisfied with what the OL is looking like next year to the point that I don't think another 1-yr player would be a significant improvement.

My wish would be to work on landing a WR that has all of the athletic ability but is getting overlooked because he's like 5'9" or something. IU ran 4 & 5 wide enough this year that a burner working from the slot can be very productive. Whop only has 1 year left and then Ellis is the heir apparent to that position.

From the 247 list, I'm looking at Donnovan Moorer. A 2* (probably because 5'8" 160), but a hell of an offer list for it. I think the team would get the most bang for the buck for it and find a place for that kind of player to excel, especially with Penix's arm, Whop/Ellis dynamism, Fry/Marshall's ability to work outside, and Hendershot running seams. That doesn't even consider the other WRs already in the program.

If you were looking at 247 they were really behind on our December decommits.

I hope so but they had the Mayala signing updated when I looked and saw 20 but I didn't have the verbal commits memorized to be able to notice if someone fell off.

I'll bite on a DL grad transfer. I'm satisfied with what the OL is looking like next year to the point that I don't think another 1-yr player would be a significant improvement.

My wish would be to work on landing a WR that has all of the athletic ability but is getting overlooked because he's like 5'9" or something. IU ran 4 & 5 wide enough this year that a burner working from the slot can be very productive. Whop only has 1 year left and then Ellis is the heir apparent to that position.

From the 247 list, I'm looking at Donnovan Moorer. A 2* (probably because 5'8" 160), but a hell of an offer list for it. I think the team would get the most bang for the buck for it and find a place for that kind of player to excel, especially with Penix's arm, Whop/Ellis dynamism, Fry/Marshall's ability to work outside, and Hendershot running seams. That doesn't even consider the other WRs already in the program.

The Marquez Bell kid from Florida was the type of slot guy you're wanting. 6'0" 160 lbs. He signed with Cincy. He visited here and 247 says we offered him...don't know if that's accurate.

Brian Hightower, a WR transfer from IMG academy in Florida is a 6'3" WR we might look at. We tried to recruit him out of HS. He would be a regular transfer, not a grad transfer. Don't know if we're looking at him.

Reactions: red hornet
The Marquez Bell kid from Florida was the type of slot guy you're wanting. 6'0" 160 lbs. He signed with Cincy. He visited here and 247 says we offered him...don't know if that's accurate.

Brian Hightower, a WR transfer from IMG academy in Florida is a 6'3" WR we might look at. We tried to recruit him out of HS. He would be a regular transfer, not a grad transfer. Don't know if we're looking at him.

Searching the internet on this guy.....looks like he was originally from LA.....can't tell what he's doing as he put his name in the transfer portal in October, with no news since. Seems like an unlikely IU target at this point.

I think we get Swann as we sit pretty good with him and there is contact established. He would enroll for grad school this summer if that works out.

i think the Hightower kid is also a strong potential with the Wright and IMG connection. I’ve got to think in the next month, we know something there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT