ADVERTISEMENT

We Suck.

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Sick of it. It would be great to know what our record is in OT with CAM at coach. We have zero clue how to win a tight game in crunch time. Zero FG’s entire OT period. Not even an attempted FT. It really is hard to accomplish that. Yet, we are amazingly good at it. This program just continues to deteriorate.

Edit: 1 FG in OT. In the words of Bill Parcells, you are who your record says you are. We are a team with a losing record in this league for 4.5 straight seasons. Bottom half of the league. Zero tournaments. Just wow.

Last edited:
Sick of it. It would be great to know what our record is in OT with CAM at coach. We have zero clue how to win a tight game in crunch time. Zero FG’s entire OT period. Not even an attempted FT. It really is hard to accomplish that. Yet, we are amazingly good at it. This program just continues to deteriorate.

Edit: 1 FG in OT. In the words of Bill Parcells, you are who your record says you are. We are a team with a losing record in this league for 4.5 straight seasons. Bottom half of the league. Zero tournaments. Just wow.

5-5 in OT

I want an hour of my life back please, why did I turn it on with 10mins left.

Beat Penn St in OT this year.
Or got about that. That makes us 1-3 in OT this season. Crazy to think that 4 out of ten league games have gone OT. I don’t have enough interest to do it right now, but would be interesting to know our stats in those 25 OT minutes (Wiscy went to double OT).

Or got about that. That makes us 1-3 in OT this season. Crazy to think that 4 out of ten league games have gone OT. I don’t have enough interest to do it right now, but would be interesting to know our stats in those 25 OT minutes (Wiscy went to double OT).

I’ll sum it up for you. Brutal.

Reactions: BHAII
That 8 pt burst by Frazier was the momentum killer !!
Lander really looked lost three trips down the court..

Been lost on defense all year. Has played well offensively the last two games in extended run but it’s hard justifying keeping him out there. Phinisee was in foul trouble and played the worst game of his career tonight but that mini-run by Frazier doesn’t happen with him on the court.

Tonight in OT. 1-4 from the field
Zero Free throw attempts.
Two turnovers.

I’m not going to harp on officiating because IU got more than their fair share of favorable calls, but the charge on the opening sequence called on Race where both of the defenders feet were in the circle set the tone.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Never thought I'd type this, but IU basketball is now officially equivalent to Nebraska football.

Wholly, completely, entirely irrelevant outside the Hoosiers fan base. No one outside Indiana cares about the program.

It's not even a shock to the outside world that the program is irrelevant (unlike Duke and MSU's down performances this year).

There's almost no talent on the roster (especially at the G position) and that falls on Archie. Period.

Well, if you’re an actual IU fan you watched because you’re a fan and wanted IU to win. Not sure why you watched.

We had zero excuse to lose that game including the refs giving us about 5 mystery calls in the last 7 minutes. I'm sick of the same movie and same ending. The talent is not BIG10 level and neither is the coaching. Didn't even look like we had a plan in OT let alone look like we wanted to win--this game locked us into the tournament. We don't belong there.

This is not the product of a university that cares about a program that brought it to national prominence and if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't waste the keystrokes. I was there last time we hung a banner in Assembly and I can tell you that IU used be in BB what OSU is in football. Just frustrating and sad to see what this program has become.

We had zero excuse to lose that game including the refs giving us about 5 mystery calls in the last 7 minutes. I'm sick of the same movie and same ending. The talent is not BIG10 level and neither is the coaching. Didn't even look like we had a plan in OT let alone look like we wanted to win--this game locked us into the tournament. We don't belong there.

This is not the product of a university that cares about a program that brought it to national prominence and if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't waste the keystrokes. I was there last time we hung a banner in Assembly and I can tell you that IU used be in BB what OSU is in football. Just frustrating and sad to see what this program has become.
Yep. We beat Iowa on the road but then we wake up and lose at home to Rutgers and Illinois. Both games that should be wins if the team has any motivation, heart or ability to execute in close games (btw that is on both the players and coaches). The sad thing is even as we beat Iowa you knew it was more of a weird fluke than us being anything close to a contending team. And the two losses as much as we want to think that they are fluke losses are in reality the pathetic standard for 20 years running for this once proud but now lost and downtrodden program.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
Never thought I'd type this, but IU basketball is now officially equivalent to Nebraska football.

Wholly, completely, entirely irrelevant outside the Hoosiers fan base. No one outside Indiana cares about the program.

It's not even a shock to the outside world that the program is irrelevant (unlike Duke and MSU's down performances this year).

There's almost no talent on the roster (especially at the G position) and that falls on Archie. Period.
This board was in LOVE with Phinesse his freshman year ..
What happened ?

I mean, didn’t he get off to a really promising start that first year? I think most suspect that his concussion later that season did a number on him.
He hit some big shots his freshman year including game winner versus Butler. He unfortunately hasn’t improved. His freshman year he looked to me like high potential and a guard that would have improved dramatically under RMK.

Nebraska football has no recruiting base. IU basketball doesn't have that excuse.

Bigger picture the top programs have some combination of a strong University President, Athletic Director and head coach. If you can get at least two of those three, good things start to happen. If you have none of the three, a program could go almost two decades in the wilderness.

IU is on the brink of imploding I'm afraid. I'll paraphrase, everyone has the will to win but not everyone puts in the preparation to win. We need a leader on the bench as coach. A my way or the highway guy. Someone who will forego the shake and bake bullshit until his team knows where everyone will be on the court, can make a good pass and make E'fn FTs.

We have no talent. TJD is an OK college player and Lander looks promising, but most teams in the league have 2 TJD's and 3 Landers that are more experienced/developing. Just landing the IN Mr. Bball every year and no other decent talent (and I'd argue Leal is maybe the worst recipient in recent memory) is not enough, especially when what you thought would be decent talent isn't, transfers, or is a walking injury. That is on AM, the recruiting misses and lack of talent only highlight his incompetent coaching

Reactions: BigMobe
I am willing to
IU is on the brink of imploding I'm afraid. I'll paraphrase, everyone has the will to win but not everyone puts in the preparation to win. We need a leader on the bench as coach. A my way or the highway guy. Someone who will forego the shake and bake bullshit until his team knows where everyone will be on the court, can make a good pass and make E'fn FTs.
[/QUOT
You, nor I or most likely anyone else on this board knows how he communicates and handles his team behind closed doors, practice, etc. I am not sure why Hunter did not dress last night, but I do know it was a coaches' decision. I am not convince that Archie doesn't discipline his team. Honestly, I think he does. However, it's obvious that his overall coaching is very questionable. I think that his first two years of recruiting guards, or lackthereof, is biting him in the ass immensely now. While we had Romeo, he was a one year rental. RP has been a huge disappointment in his junior year. AD, again, I think he gives it his best, but his best simply isn't enough to win our teams games. Make no mistake, our woes are far more to do with our guards than anything else which Archie has a big hand in.

I say this believing Archie will be back next season and likely the season after that. That is unless the losing is so egregious that even our weak ass BOT, president and AD finally sack up. In my opinion, it would be in his best interest to start this lineup going forward.

Lander
Armaan
Trey
Race
Trayce

Subs
AD / RP / Leal
Geronimo / Hunter

This team is good enough to compete with every team in this league and most every team in the country. The problem is that when it comes to winning time, they do not have a combination of players to elevate and take the win. This, in my opinion, is when you have to have guards to execute. Be it feeding the post, drive to the lane to either dish to a cutter, open outside shooter, or go up for the layup and get a bucket or at a minimum, a trip to the FT line. I believe RP can do this and has shown ability to do such. Why he doesn't do this consistently and has dropped off so much this season, I have no idea. Poor guard production, plain and simple, is the root cause of our issues. So, end the run with AD and RP and bring in the new talent. Their ceiling is far more higher and right now, their floor isn't much lower than the other two's ceiling. JOMO!

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Gold Boiler
He hit some big shots his freshman year including game winner versus Butler. He unfortunately hasn’t improved. His freshman year he looked to me like high potential and a guard that would have improved dramatically under RMK.
RMK is gone son. It’s time to move on.

One thing I haven't seen specifically mentioned in this thread or others.......

The difference in demeanor between Illinois and IU in the last 10M or so and the OT was dramatic. Illinois was always business-like. Not overly hyped-up, but not down.. Our guys collectively looked like someone had just killed their pet puppy. Doom & gloom. They played hard, but I don't think any of them ever believed they were going to win the game once Illinois came back & tied it up.

One other thing........people are saying Lander lost it with his D....but to me the real turning point were 2 bad passes by Al. Typical Al bonehead/collapse plays.

The difference in demeanor between Illinois and IU in the last 10M or so and the OT was dramatic. Illinois was always business-like. Not overly hyped-up, but not down.. Our guys collectively looked like someone had just killed their pet puppy. Doom & gloom. They played hard, but I don't think any of them ever believed they were going to win the game once Illinois came back & tied it up.

One other thing........people are saying Lander lost it with his D....but to me the real turning point were 2 bad passes by Al. Typical Al bonehead/collapse plays.
Underwood can coach, that’s for sure.

I don’t disagree with you at all. Lots of things built to make that loss happen. But lets not undersell how difficult it is to leave a guy wide open 3 times in 3 trips. Very few college players will make that mistake 3 straight times.

Lander needs to play if we don't want him to transfer. We suck, let him work it out. Rob is a lost cause and probably should transfer.

Reactions: mushroomgod_1
Lander needs to play if we don't want him to transfer. We suck, let him work it out. Rob is a lost cause and probably should transfer.

I'm tired of this slow-ass O.

I went back & watched Archie's introductory press conference (better than I remembered btw). He talked about how he was all about pace and high tempo. He said the same thing at the beginning of this year. What happened to that? Now it looks like we try to win every game 59-58.

I'll grant that Lander has pretty much sucked to this point. But he has looked much better on O his last few appearances. Give him the ball.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I don’t disagree with you at all. Lots of things built to make that loss happen. But lets not undersell how difficult it is to leave a guy wide open 3 times in 3 trips. Very few college players will make that mistake 3 straight times.

That's on (S)CAM........this D let Sasha and Hunter wide open when we played Purdue. We never ID 3 pt shooters or players that are going off.

I'm tired of this slow-ass O.

I went back & watched Archie's introductory press conference (better than I remembered btw). He talked about how he was all about pace and high tempo. He said the same thing at the beginning of this year. What happened to that? Now it looks like we try to win every game 59-58.

I'll grant that Lander has pretty much sucked to this point. But he has looked much better on O his last few appearances. Give him the ball.
and "B10 Championships and deep tourney runs", that is what we've been paying for. Seen any of that, or even the possibility it could come to fruition?

That's on (S)CAM........this D let Sasha and Hunter wide open when we played Purdue. We never ID 3 pt shooters or players that are going off.

I don’t believe that for a minute. His defense is man to man. It’s not like Lander had to cover the lane and recovered late. He just left him open.

The talent is not BIG10 level and neither is the coaching.
Then how in the hell did it go into overtime against a top 15 team? If that statement were remotely true and not just the product of butthurt and ignorance, we would have been blown out.

Reactions: ORG and aajohn2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT