ADVERTISEMENT

We have a verdict -- Guilty on ALL counts

Yes. It's all for show to trick people into believing they are fair. He'll never spend a day in jail. Biden will pardon him the day after the election.
Just like how Trump pardoned many of his cronies? And will pardon himself if he gets the opportunity?

Not honest ones. They weren't legal expenses. Even if you don't know how to create new QuickBooks accounts, there are several default accounts that are better options. Off the top of my head, I'd go with "loan repayment." Hell, even "other expenses" would have been safer. But classifying them as legal expenses was flatly dishonest, and that's what got him in trouble.
Trump didn’t post them to that account. They didn’t call Trump’s CPA from prison to ask if Trump told him to post the expense to Legal. Guess he wasn’t going to confirm the lying Cohen’s version of events.

I have my clients post any transactions they’re not sure about to “ask my accountant”.

The lefties are now going to tell us that liberal Yale Law professors don't know what they're talking about.

The thing about lawyers is you can find lawyers to argue all sides of every issue. You can find one from Yale to argue the opposite side of this case too. You’re taking this verdict way too personally. Are you OK? Keep hydrated, all your tears have probably dried you out some.

The lefties are now going to tell us that liberal Yale Law professors don't know what they're talking about.

Bragg ran on pronising to find a way to prosecute Trump. He was elected and fulfilled the promise. But his prosecution wouldn’t have succeeded without a number of reversible errors by the judge. This case is really disgusting . As Bragg said during his touchdown dance ,”I did my job”. True. However, had he done his job properly, we might be rid of Trump.

And this is just getting started..

The Supreme Court will likely reverse the CA immunity ruling. The Supreme Court will also likely rule the Sarbanes Oxley crime doesn’t apply to any J6 case, including Trumps.

The abuse of the judicial process to get Trump at any cost comes with a cost. We are just beginning to pay that.

Jed is a Federalist Society member. Suspended from Yale for I think 2 years for a "pattern of sexual harassment". Perhaps he has found his kindred spirit in the ex-president.

That same Richardson Supreme Court Case that said under federal law there must be unanimity as to a specific single count, also noted that that state court doesn't have to have unanimity and Breyer's opinion then goes on to talk about the very issue present in the Trump case.

Of course you can. But that doesn’t mean the arguments are equally sound. You are way too dismissive of the very smart lawyers who criticize what happened.
I’ve said I don’t think the case should have happened, but he was probably guilty. Technically, he is guilty.

I really only care about the two federal cases. I think he’ll be found guilty in both and I’ll be especially happy about the guilty finding for the documents case.

So Hunter's show is now up.

Do you feel his charges are politically driven?
Charges? No, not political.

They ****ed up on the plea agreement, which was political. Now they're trying to bend over backwards to make it appear non-political, even though the trial is in Delaware.

Personally, I think Hunter should plead guilty, pay a fine, and move on to the next trial, which is more serious. But I understand he's pleaded not guilty.

Bragg ran on pronising to find a way to prosecute Trump. He was elected and fulfilled the promise. But his prosecution wouldn’t have succeeded without a number of reversible errors by the judge. This case is really disgusting . As Bragg said during his touchdown dance ,”I did my job”. True. However, had he done his job properly, we might be rid of Trump.

And this is just getting started..

The Supreme Court will likely reverse the CA immunity ruling. The Supreme Court will also likely rule the Sarbanes Oxley crime doesn’t apply to any J6 case, including Trumps.

The abuse of the judicial process to get Trump at any cost comes with a cost. We are just beginning to pay that.
Wait - didn't @Aloha Hoosier say Bragg didn't campaign on getting Trump?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I’ve said I don’t think the case should have happened, but he was probably guilty. Technically, he is guilty.

I really only care about the two federal cases. I think he’ll be found guilty in both and I’ll be especially happy about the guilty finding for the documents case.
Then maybe you can define the underlying crime he committed that turned the expired misdemeanor into a felony, how the prosecution proved it beyond a reasonable doubt, and how Trump's due process rights weren't violated by not disclosing it in the indictment or allowing his defense team to put on a defense to a crime that was never disclosed. That's not even mentioning the million other reversible errors the judge committed.

Jed is a Federalist Society member. Suspended from Yale for I think 2 years for a "pattern of sexual harassment". Perhaps he has found his kindred spirit in the ex-president.

That same Richardson Supreme Court Case that said under federal law there must be unanimity as to a specific single count, also noted that that state court doesn't have to have unanimity and Breyer's opinion then goes on to talk about the very issue present in the Trump case.
"pattern of sexual harrassment"? He would fit in well with the law firm here on the Cooler.

Dream Team secretary - get on it!

Then maybe you can define the underlying crime he committed that turned the expired misdemeanor into a felony, how the prosecution proved it beyond a reasonable doubt, and how Trump's due process rights weren't violated by not disclosing it in the indictment or allowing his defense team to put on a defense to a crime that was never disclosed. That's not even mentioning the million other reversible errors the judge committed.
I've asked him to provide the same thing. *crickets*

Oh, so you have no problem with the Trump jurors being doxed. Good to know.
Lmao. Man you aren’t following along well. I’ll try to spell it out for you. Everyone knows who the Supreme Court justices are, hence it’s hard to dox them. No one knows the names of the jurors, hence should not be doxed. Does that help?

Reactions: UncleMark
I've asked him to provide the same thing. *crickets*
You guys continue to misapprehend the key point. The underlying (or predicate) crime isn't an element of the felony he was convicted of, and therefore does not need to be proven. The element that needs to be proven is that Trump had the intent to coverup or facilitate another crime. It's the intent, and not the predicate crime itself, that must be proven.

Don't like it? Me neither, to be honest. But that is what the law says, and current precedent suggests that it is entirely constitutional (although, I do not believe SCOTUS itself has taken up the issue, so that could always change).

Lmao. Man you aren’t following along well. I’ll try to spell it out for you. Everyone knows who the Supreme Court justices are, hence it’s hard to dox them. No one knows the names of the jurors, hence should not be doxed. Does that help?
Wrong. The jurors were known. If you're ok doxing SC justices, you should be fine with any jury being doxed.

Both should be protected from threats, but it appears only the jurors have that protection.

You guys continue to misapprehend the key point. The underlying (or predicate) crime isn't an element of the felony he was convicted of, and therefore does not need to be proven. The element that needs to be proven is that Trump had the intent to coverup or facilitate another crime. It's the intent, and not the predicate crime itself, that must be proven.

Don't like it? Me neither, to be honest. But that is what the law says, and current precedent suggests that it is entirely constitutional (although, I do not believe SCOTUS itself has taken up the issue, so that could always change).
You should go on news sources and peddle that, because that's the first time I've heard an intent is a felony.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
dbm, why don't you frickin' read the articles about it? This has been explained dozens of times and I don't even bother reading most of the articles. The jury felt it proved beyond a reasonable doubt. That's just the way it is. You should move on. All those tears aren't healthy.

No, not only. They also had to prove the act, which was the falsification of business records. What they did not have to prove was the underlying crime that he was accused of trying to cover up.
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. Falsifications of business records is a misdemeanor that the SOL has run on.

The question that's being asked is what is the underlying crime?

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. Falsifications of business records is a misdemeanor that the SOL has run on.

The question that's being asked is what is the underlying crime?
It's a felony if it's done to cover up another crime, which is why they had to prove his intent to cover up a crime.

I’m not ready to go that far.

The Biden campaign has to be shitting their pants right now though because this isnt hurting Trump nearly as bad as I think they wanted it to or thought it would.

I wonder if they’ll have the balls to rehire Colangelo before the election?

I can almost guarantee you they will at some point.
Look for him to be AG or SC justice nominee if Biden is re-elected.

There will be a huge payout to this guy down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT