ADVERTISEMENT

We have a serious issue...

The front 7 cant run block...period. This is trouble as competition gets harder...

Yes....our only play is a swing pass or a bomb. This is why IU never gets any better. Is there truly another win the rest of the year? Not seeing it.

Do some of you actiually watch the games??? Scott basically dug his own holes and made his own yards...with little help from the front 7. WATCH it...learn...

The front 7 cant run block...period. This is trouble as competition gets harder...
By my math there are 5 offensive lineman...how does that equate to a front 7?

Our run blocking has been worse than I expected, but with Penix getting more experience, and we have played the 2 best DL we will see all year...there is nowhere to go but up.

Reactions: td75 and vesuvius13
Do some of you actiually watch the games??? Scott basically dug his own holes and made his own yards...with little help from the front 7. WATCH it...learn...

You lost a lot of credibility with this thread today. Not only a hilariously bad overreaction after only a few minutes of actual game play, but then you doubled down with the gem of a post later. Just an outstanding selfing here Col.

We'll keep an eye on this for you

I will always come back and eat crow but I don’t see another win in this team. Today told us nothing. It only gets harder from here. Posters think we are going to win on the road. I have yet to see it even if some of these other teams are struggling.

Are you suffering from dementia? Seriously. How many times, and in how many threads, are you going to say you don't see another win. (And, frankly, who gives a shit what you "see"). Please get a life and/or some help.

Forgive me....it’s IU football season and I forgot to increase my dosage. I get kind of cranky this time of year.

You guys really dont know FBvery well do you...vbg...look more closely...watch...learn...if you can...lol

Pathetic...typical...ignorant...IU FB

Well this is only one old mans opinion but I do not think we were able to learn anything about the team yesterday. Rutgers was a bad team to begin with and quit whe there coach was fired after the last game. Besides e. Illinois I think they would lose to every other team on our schedule. It was good to see IU play pretty good but I don’t think I learned anything good or bad about the Hoosiers on this day.

Are you suffering from dementia? Seriously. How many times, and in how many threads, are you going to say you don't see another win. (And, frankly, who gives a shit what you "see"). Please get a life and/or some help.

You have to realize that his negativity grows every Saturday that Peyton Ramsey isn’t IU’s starting quarterback. At this point, he can’t help himself.

It’s true. We can’t line up and run straight forward. Fortunately, Deboer was able to foresee that before the season, so he put in multiple options for attacking defenses. All of those other options require Penix though. I expect an offensive line coaching change after the season.

It’s true. We can’t line up and run straight forward. Fortunately, Deboer was able to foresee that before the season, so he put in multiple options for attacking defenses. All of those other options require Penix though. I expect an offensive line coaching change after the season.
Rutgers is so bad that I don’t think IU can get an accurate assessment of anything based on playing them. I’m not saying I agree with the original poster, but yesterday wasn’t a test in any way and nothing much of value can be gleaned from it. They would be crazy to not hire Schiano back, if they don’t they aren’t likely to improve much. As it it they are early 80’s Northwestern bad.

Reactions: ulrey
Rutgers is so bad that I don’t think IU can get an accurate assessment of anything based on playing them. I’m not saying I agree with the original poster, but yesterday wasn’t a test in any way and nothing much of value can be gleaned from it. They would be crazy to not hire Schiano back, if they don’t they aren’t likely to improve much. As it it they are early 80’s Northwestern bad.
I’m basing my assessment on six games. I had concerns beginning with the Ball State game, but now I’m comfortable stating that we are not effective running between the tackles.

Well you better watch CTA post game. Because I believe CTA has a different take.

You guys really dont know FBvery well do you...vbg...look more closely...watch...learn...if you can...lol

Pathetic...typical...ignorant...IU FB
I have watched very closely as I am a retired offensive line coach of over 30 years. Although I do not profess to know all there is to know I do believe I have some knowledge of what I am looking at. I have seen great improvement throughout this season just like last season. Am I saying we are going to line up and people no that won’t happen but we can be effective in run game like the MSU game. Those days are gone. That is why zone reads and RPOs have come about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT