ADVERTISEMENT

We have a serious issue...

I think your going to be surprised where this team is going to end up at the end of the year. I’ve said this before but we certainly have enough offense to win the next 2 games. It’s going to come down to our defense period. I know we shut out Rutgers and our stats look good right now. The true read is going to be this weekend with a 7 Point lead with 2 minutes remaining and Maryland has the ball. Defensive coaching has to get the call in before the snap. Players have to cover and tackle well. And remove any special team mistake penalties. Kicking game is always huge on the road

Reactions: grammy2
Yes....our only play is a swing pass or a bomb. This is why IU never gets any better. Is there truly another win the rest of the year? Not seeing it.
OK...now you're losing me, because the outlook has CLEARLY brightened considerably since the OSU debacle. Even the run blocking had what was by far their best day today. They opened several holes today that you could drive a train through, & granted it's against Rutgers, but their front 7 is the only unit they have that isn't the worst in the B1G so, that was not the worst front 7 we've played this year.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
Do some of you actiually watch the games??? Scott basically dug his own holes and made his own yards...with little help from the front 7. WATCH it...learn...
?? Are you...serious? Today was the ONLY day that he DIDN'T have to make his own holes. & you're asking if anyone ELSE watches the games? Unbelievable. Your sentiment is exactly 180* from..reality.

The front 7 cant run block...period. This is trouble as competition gets harder...
Well, yeah maybe so, but odd timing to post this considering this was the 1st game that seemed to offer any glimmer of hope to the contrary. The losses of Littlejohn & Cronk are the concern in this regard. Well, Cronk, anyway, but so far, I gotta' say, we haven't lost a whole lot of effectiveness in their absence, thanx mostly to Matt Bedford. He could be the co-MVP of the team by season's end, along with Penix.

OK...now you're losing me, because the outlook has CLEARLY brightened considerably since the OSU debacle. Even the run blocking had what was by far their best day today. They opened several holes today that you could drive a train through, & granted it's against Rutgers, but their front 7 is the only unit they have that isn't the worst in the B1G so, that was not the worst front 7 we've played this year.

Yep, Rutgers has a non-awful defense (not great but definitely not terrible). They do put up some resistance, but get worn down because the offense is atrocious and can’t stay on the field

Yep, Rutgers has a non-awful defense. They do put up some resistance, but get worn down because the offense is atrocious and can’t stay on the field
Well, their run defense isn't complete trash. It's trash, but not complete trash. Every other aspect of their team is complete & total 3 stooges afternoon matinee.

I will always come back and eat crow but I don’t see another win in this team. Today told us nothing. It only gets harder from here. Posters think we are going to win on the road. I have yet to see it even if some of these other teams are struggling.
You are the biggest negative Nancy poster on this board. How long was your last self imposed hiatus for being so negative?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT