ADVERTISEMENT

We have a lot of offers out there, but are we actually in the lead with anyone?

Again, it would be nice to see some four star gets early on. A three star as your first is not a strong start no matter how impressive the young man is.. The coach has to sell himself first. That is just a fact.

He is a good player. Khalil Iverson was a 2 year starter for Wisconsin and he came in ranked very very low.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
So top talent is not. Interested in winning?

Many times, yes. We can pick any season and break it down. Top talent is not necessarily mentally or physically tough, not necessarily full of heart, not necessarily committed when they can see the bright lights of the NBA up ahead, and they are not necessarily good teammates or good students.

Beyond that, they have NBA guys telling them what they need in "their game" for next year, and that does not necessarily match what the college team or coach needs from them.

Better root for Kentucky, Duke, Arizona or Kansas then.

I want players who are interested in winning college basketball games.
There is no reason that IU can't pull the top players out of Indiana, and most times, those ARE some of the top players in the country.

This whole "we are better than pulling the top players in the country" is an absolute joke. If IU ever wants to win at a high level they are never going to do it with 3* recruits. More than anything, it's an excuse.

It's never happened.
Bingo. And then everyone gets so excited when a 5 star visits. But if we don’t land him well we’re better off with 3 stars. It’s so absurd.

Reactions: john whan
You are making assumptions based on things I didn't say.
There are multiple teams with multiple NBA players every year. Only one can win the title. Statistically more won’t win than will. Way more.

You’re absolutely clueless.

Reactions: cryano
There are multiple teams with multiple NBA players every year. Only one can win the title. Statistically more won’t win than will. Way more.

You’re absolutely clueless.

No, I am far from clueless. Kentucky is great example, relative to say.... Virginia of how much horsepower it takes them to win a championship. Despite scores of UK players in the NBA there is but one NCAA championship to show for it.

Good coaches do not need 7 x 5-star players to win a championship.

No, I am far from clueless. Kentucky is great example, relative to say.... Virginia of how much horsepower it takes them to win a championship. Despite scores of UK players in the NBA there is but one NCAA championship to show for it.

Good coaches do not need 7 x 5-star players to win a championship.
Virginia had 3 players drafted this year, 2 in the first round. They didn’t win with a team of 3 stars. And UK goes to the Final Four as often as we make the tournament. Get a clue.

Virginia had 3 players drafted this year, 2 in the first round. They didn’t win with a team of 3 stars. And UK goes to the Final Four as often as we make the tournament. Get a clue.

And all three were 4-star kids in HS...

I’m for getting the best kids we can but your narrative again proves to be douchey and false.

It’s not a narrative. It’s fact. Teams with better talent win more. There’s an undeniably high correlation

Like the top 90 and top 110 guys VA got into the draft? Lololol. Talent is 1A and maturity is 1B.

That’s why you don’t fire a guy after two years unless he’s a drunk who refused to sign a contract or a guy who only won 8 games one season.

But we get you only speak in absolutes...

Like the top 90 and top 110 guys VA got into the draft? Lololol. Talent is 1A and maturity is 1B.

That’s why you don’t fire a guy after two years unless he’s a drunk who refused to sign a contract or a guy who only won 8 games one season.

But we get you only speak in absolutes...
Ty Jerome, Jay Huff were top 50 recruits, and Kyle Guy was a borderline 5* McDonald's All American.

Sure they aren't as loaded on paper as some teams, but it isn't like they are doing it with scrubs either.

Ty Jerome, Jay Huff were top 50 recruits, and Kyle Guy was a borderline 5* McDonald's All American.

Sure they aren't as loaded on paper as some teams, but it isn't like they are doing it with scrubs either.

Ya, they are doing a lot of it with kids like Galloway — a guy feepaw believes is a scrub. Only Ty was a top 50 kid drafted from UVA this year. Hunter and Shyock were barely top 100 — if that — in HS. The point was that Bennett hasn’t won lately because of loads of NBA talent coming in. They just get that way after playing in his system.

I’m certainly not arguing against talent. Lol. It typically wins. My point was that feepaw uses jacked up douche-logic when arguing for how programs are built Again, talent is 1A and experience is an oh-so-close 1B.

Last edited:
Ya, they are doing a lot of it with kids like Galloway — a guy feepaw believes is a scrub. Only Ty was a top 50 kid drafted from UVA this year. Hunter and Shyock were barely top 100 — if that — in HS. The point was that Bennett hasn’t won lately because of loads of NBA talent coming in. They just get that way after playing in his system.

I’m certainly not arguing against talent. Lol. It typically wins. My point was that feepaw uses jacked up douche-logic when arguing for how programs are built Again, talent is 1A and experience is an oh-so-close 1B.
Well, for the record, Shayok was at Iowa State this past season. Additionally, Guy, Jerome, & Diakite were all Top 50, although Diakite's ranking was a bit muddled because he reclassified late in the summer before he enrolled. Huff & Key were both Top 60. Hunter was barely Top 100, but he had missed time with an injury in high school. Salt didn't play in the states, so he was essentially unknown. None of this means anything, but as long as you're going to cite these guys as examples, you might as well have the right facts.

Reactions: hondo314
It’s not a narrative. It’s fact. Teams with better talent win more. There’s an undeniably high correlation

All 3 guys were 4-star. And all 3 were juniors this year. There is no similarity at all to 5-star roulette which is what you are touting.

The only person talking about scrubs is you. No one has said that IU wants a whole team of 3-star players.

What I have said is that Galloway is a good player and a good fit at IU regardless of ranking, and I have also said that it isn't all about stars because a lot of 5-star guys simply don't pull their weight. They leave a team with constant turnover.

Also, I have said that if all a fan wants is as many 5-star players as possible, the. They shouldn't hold their breath waiting to see that at IU.

All 3 guys were 4-star. And all 3 were juniors this year. There is no similarity at all to 5-star roulette which is what you are touting.
I’m not touting anything. I’m pointing out the obvious. If Tony Bennett had a chance of landing Duke’s recruiting classes you think he’d pass? This is not open for debate among rational humans.

The only person talking about scrubs is you. No one has said that IU wants a whole team of 3-star players.

What I have said is that Galloway is a good player and a good fit at IU regardless of ranking, and I have also said that it isn't all about stars because a lot of 5-star guys simply don't pull their weight. They leave a team with constant turnover.

Also, I have said that if all a fan wants is as many 5-star players as possible, the. They shouldn't hold their breath waiting to see that at IU.
I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for Archie to win here either.

Reactions: IUgradman
Maybe you missed last year. It’s been two seasons.

Huh? By no realistic measure was Archie’s first year a turd. Lol. He treaded water with a lesser version of a team that had underachieved mightily the year before. No one who knows anything thought that team could do more. Well, no who doesn’t have a weird fixation on Fred Glass.

But you’re the board’s resident Post Truther. Keep pumping the same false narrative again and again. Lump the full spectrum of views into straw man you can then lazily attack with hyperbole and d-baggery. Claim special knowledge, insight, and relationships where none exist.

You must be a good time at parties. Sheesh.

Huh? By no realistic measure was Archie’s first year a turd. Lol. He treaded water with a lesser version of a team that had underachieved mightily the year before. No one who knows anything thought that team could do more. Well, no who doesn’t have a weird fixation on Fred Glass.

But you’re the board’s resident Post Truther. Keep pumping the same false narrative again and again. Lump the full spectrum of views into straw man you can then lazily attack with hyperbole and d-baggery. Claim special knowledge, insight, and relationships where none exist.

You must be a good time at parties. Sheesh.
Did you miss the opener and the other games vs State schools?

Reactions: IUgradman
I’m not touting anything. I’m pointing out the obvious. If Tony Bennett had a chance of landing Duke’s recruiting classes you think he’d pass? This is not open for debate among rational humans.

Ahhh — another dumb hypothetical that amounts to nothing...

Last edited:
I'll take a stab at answering the original thread title:
(Source is bustingbrackets)
"What this likely comes down to is what is Leal’s No. 1 factor when it comes to choosing a school, since both programs mirror each other on the court. If it’s about playing close to home for a prestigious program, the Hoosiers should be able to win out. But if it really is all about academics, maybe the Cardinal can pull off the recruiting upset after all. There’s no set date and the announcement won’t change the landscape in NCAA Basketball. But for a pair of programs looking to get back on track, landing Leal is big. We’ll see who can pull if off between the two."

No, he recruits for fit and he has a complicated scheme that needs experience to master. He's not dumbing down his scheme like K (last year he turned to playing zone because it was easier for his one year mercs to execute). You really think a one and done, who Wendell Carter likened to slavery, wants to try to learn complex offensive and defensive schemes? BWAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HOOO HOOO HOOO HEEE HEEE HEEE!

Bennett is one of the hottest coaches in the game....he could recruit one and dones if he wanted to.

He's made Duke his personal bitch by recruiting to fit.

Look, it is a given that you have to have a very good coach but in the end, he has to have something to work with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT