ADVERTISEMENT

We have a lot of offers out there, but are we actually in the lead with anyone?

No, he recruits for fit and he has a complicated scheme that needs experience to master. He's not dumbing down his scheme like K (last year he turned to playing zone because it was easier for his one year mercs to execute). You really think a one and done, who Wendell Carter likened to slavery, wants to try to learn complex offensive and defensive schemes? BWAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HOOO HOOO HOOO HEEE HEEE HEEE!

Bennett is one of the hottest coaches in the game....he could recruit one and dones if he wanted to.

He's made Duke his personal bitch by recruiting to fit.
I think there may be some misconceptions about Coach Bennett's recruiting. He does recruit elite players. There were offers extended to the likes of Markel Fultz, Coby White, and Zion Williamson. However, the process is self-filtering. If a high school phenom perceives himself as a OAD, then Virginia is a very poor option. It is likely that he wants to go to a program where he will start immediately. He probably wants to play in an uptempo scheme that allows him to showcase his offensive skills. He may, or may not, be inclined to play good defense. UVa doesn't check any of these boxes. Among other things, every front court player on last year's roster had used a redshirt with the exception of Braxton Key, and he was a third year transfer. As a frosh, there were games when Kyle Guy never saw the floor. He started a few times at the end of the season, but that had more to do with the fact that those ahead of him were struggling. In short, it isn't that Bennett doesn't recruit those very elite prospects. It's simply that his style of play doesn't work for kids planning to spend a single year in school. If that wasn't enough, then there is that pesky requirement that all players attend class. He did kick Sylvan Landesberg off the team for for habitually skipping classes, and he was the best player on that squad, at that time.

No, he recruits for fit and he has a complicated scheme that needs experience to master. He's not dumbing down his scheme like K (last year he turned to playing zone because it was easier for his one year mercs to execute). You really think a one and done, who Wendell Carter likened to slavery, wants to try to learn complex offensive and defensive schemes? BWAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HOOO HOOO HOOO HEEE HEEE HEEE!

Bennett is one of the hottest coaches in the game....he could recruit one and dones if he wanted to.

He's made Duke his personal bitch by recruiting to fit.
You are 100% delusional, unhinged, and without credibility.

Guy wins one title and he’s all of a sudden better/smarter than Coach K and turning away kids like Zion. Incredible.

He's won the ACC 4 out of the past six years including one second place finish.

Duke hasn't won the conference in 9 years, one of K's longest droughts.

Virginia has made the ACC it's bitch then.
Still a terrible record vs Duke which was your original comment

Huh? By no realistic measure was Archie’s first year a turd. Lol. He treaded water with a lesser version of a team that had underachieved mightily the year before. No one who knows anything thought that team could do more. Well, no who doesn’t have a weird fixation on Fred Glass.

But you’re the board’s resident Post Truther. Keep pumping the same false narrative again and again. Lump the full spectrum of views into straw man you can then lazily attack with hyperbole and d-baggery. Claim special knowledge, insight, and relationships where none exist.

You must be a good time at parties. Sheesh.
We got blown out by IPFW and Indiana St his first year. Are you saying those teams had more talent than us? We had the talent to make the tournament with a good coach.

Reactions: beenther1s
You are 100% delusional, unhinged, and without credibility.

Guy wins one title and he’s all of a sudden better/smarter than Coach K and turning away kids like Zion. Incredible.

You don't seem to understand the difference between talent and one year talent.

Every coach wants the best talent of a given year.

A 20-22 year old tends to beat an 18 year old out of HS unless he's a transformational talent which comes along maybe once every three or four classes. Even the recruiting gooroos will tell you that.

Look at your all American teams and all conference teams...they are dominated by upperclassmen...even though the best players of their classes are long gone. The second tier of talent tends to beat 18 year olds.

Ethan Happ isn't more talented than Simi Shittu in the long run...but he sure as hell was last year when it mattered.

Oh, and K will never win another ship unless he plans on coaching for ten more years and rebuilding his roster. Take that to the bank.

Reactions: MrBing
You don't seem to understand the difference between talent and one year talent.

Every coach wants the best talent of a given year.

A 20-22 year old tends to beat an 18 year old out of HS unless he's a transformational talent which comes along maybe once every three or four classes. Even the recruiting gooroos will tell you that.

Look at your all American teams and all conference teams...they are dominated by upperclassmen...even though the best players of their classes are long gone. The second tier of talent tends to beat 18 year olds.

Ethan Happ isn't more talented than Simi Shittu in the long run...but he sure as hell was last year when it mattered.

Oh, and K will never win another ship unless he plans on coaching for ten more years and rebuilding his roster. Take that to the bank.
Take your opinion to the bank? Your useless opinion over the opinion of possibly the greatest coach in college basketball history?

And you honestly don’t see the insanity in that?

Reactions: beenther1s
Take your opinion to the bank? Your useless opinion over the opinion of possibly the greatest coach in college basketball history?

And you honestly don’t see the insanity in that?

Ahh and the guy who taught that guy thinks Archie is a good coach and thinks IU fans should show some patience.

Sorry to barge in and change the topic but I keep catching you practicing douche-logic. Lol.

Ahh and the guy who taught that guy thinks Archie is a good coach and thinks IU fans should show some patience.

Sorry to barge in and change the topic but I keep catching you practicing douche-logic. Lol.
That was two years ago and RMK has health problems. Coaches/announcers compliment all coaches.

That was two years ago and RMK has health problems. Coaches/announcers compliment all coaches.

Maybe that’s why he said it would take time. You thought he meant 3 months? Lol. He was pretty clear when he said it so I’m guessing it was a good day. And wouldn’t we still want to take the opinion of a slipping HOFer over you?

And your saying Bob Knight throws compliments around like candy? Lolol.

This is getting good...

Maybe that’s why he said it would take time. You thought he meant 3 months? Lol. He was pretty clear when he said it so I’m guessing it was a good day. And wouldn’t we still want to take the opinion of a slipping HOFer over you?

And your saying Bob Knight throws compliments around like candy? Lolol.

This is getting good...
3 months? It’s been nearly 3 years. You been hibernating for the last couple years?

Your dumb and short sided opinion over arguably the greatest coach of all time??

Surely even you can see the insanity of that.

Oh and if K can keep Carey and Hurt for two or more years I'll go back on my comment. I did notice his other two guys are probably not one and dones so maybe he's going back to his prime when he had four year studs like Singler, Scheyer, Nolan Smith, Lance Thomas, Zoubeck, Ryan Kelly and a couple of Plumlees that won him a title in 2010.

Last edited:
He’s been IU’s HC for 2 years 6 months. Is that closer to 3 months or 3 years?
Less than 2 years and 5 months, actually. So closer to 2 years than 3 years. Asking if it's closer to 3 months or 3 years is just asinine, but that's typical for you. And he has coached for 2 seasons.

Less than 2 years and 5 months, actually. So closer to 2 years than 3 years. Asking if it's closer to 3 months or 3 years is just asinine, but that's typical for you. And he has coached for 2 seasons.
You need to scroll up and see where Hondo said 3 months. Why are you always so far behind?

You need to scroll up and see where Hondo said 3 months. Why are you always so far behind?
His 3 months was sarcasm when referring to how fast you seem to have existed Miller to turn the team around. But that's too complicated for your feeble mind. Your 3 years was serious, when it's closer to 2 years and has definitely been only 2 seasons (the number people actually use when talking about how long a coach has been somewhere). You're still wrong and your post is still asinine. But what else is new?

2 observations:
1. You don’t know the difference between fact and opinion.
2. For some reason, you think opinion = bad.
Hardly, it is my opinion period and I recognize that it is not a fact...….nevertheless, I feel strongly that some coaches are just that important. Those programs revolve around a given coach.

He’s been IU’s HC for 2 years 6 months. Is that closer to 3 months or 3 years?

Generally when speaking of coaches one talks about years and seasons as the same thing but you already knew that and once again used three years to further your narrative.

You are a hoot!

Generally when speaking of coaches one talks about years and seasons as the same thing but you already knew that and once again used three years to further your narrative.

You are a hoot!
Facts are facts big guy.

Facts are facts big guy.
Yes, and the fact in this instance is that Miller has been the coach at IU for just over 2 years and 4 months. Not 3 years. Not 2 years and 6 months. I'm sure you'll try to round 2yr 4mo to 2yr 6mo and then round that number to 3yr but that simply isn't how it works. Miller will have been at IU for 3 years at the end of next season. You're wrong when you say he's been the coach at IU for 3 years. That's fact.

Reactions: Sassy61 and BigMobe
Yes, and the fact in this instance is that Miller has been the coach at IU for just over 2 years and 4 months. Not 3 years. Not 2 years and 6 months. I'm sure you'll try to round 2yr 4mo to 2yr 6mo and then round that number to 3yr but that simply isn't how it works. Miller will have been at IU for 3 years at the end of next season. You're wrong when you say he's been the coach at IU for 3 years. That's fact.
Did I say he’s been the coach for 3 years? Catch up

Did I say he’s been the coach for 3 years? Catch up
3 months? It’s been nearly 3 years. You been hibernating for the last couple years?
Again, 2 years and 4 months is not even "nearly 3 years." Try to keep up. I recommend you reread the previous posts every time before posting a new one because you apparently forget what you wrote quite quickly.

I think there may be some misconceptions about Coach Bennett's recruiting. He does recruit elite players. There were offers extended to the likes of Markel Fultz, Coby White, and Zion Williamson. However, the process is self-filtering. If a high school phenom perceives himself as a OAD, then Virginia is a very poor option. It is likely that he wants to go to a program where he will start immediately. He probably wants to play in an uptempo scheme that allows him to showcase his offensive skills. He may, or may not, be inclined to play good defense. UVa doesn't check any of these boxes. Among other things, every front court player on last year's roster had used a redshirt with the exception of Braxton Key, and he was a third year transfer. As a frosh, there were games when Kyle Guy never saw the floor. He started a few times at the end of the season, but that had more to do with the fact that those ahead of him were struggling. In short, it isn't that Bennett doesn't recruit those very elite prospects. It's simply that his style of play doesn't work for kids planning to spend a single year in school. If that wasn't enough, then there is that pesky requirement that all players attend class. He did kick Sylvan Landesberg off the team for for habitually skipping classes, and he was the best player on that squad, at that time.

There's a lot of merit to these ideas. It also explains why Romeo wasn't the savior that some thought he might be. His defense was only middling, his shooting was sub-par, but he was so high profile that there was no way Archie could NOT go all out to get him. Romeo still had a good year and was one of the two best players on the team, but he wasn't transcendent. He didn't need to be transcendent to achieve his goal.

Facts are facts big guy.

And???

Yes, he has physically been here for around 2 1/2 years, SO WHAT! He has coached two seasons for IU. That is a fact.

Just because you want to make it look worse than it is, you say nearly three years. Outside of recruiting, NO ONE cares about the time between seasons.

And???

Yes, he has physically been here for around 2 1/2 years, SO WHAT! He has coached two seasons for IU. That is a fact.

Just because you want to make it look worse than it is, you say nearly three years. Outside of recruiting, NO ONE cares about the time between seasons.
Outside of recruiting? Does that not matter?

And you might want to go check how all this started.

So is IU in the "lead". Yes, for Galloway. And we will see the 2nd part of that answer tomorrow.

And then we can retire the thread.

Best thing ever is the "ignore" selection. PM and feepaw, the two most contrarian and negative idiots in the history of the board, are no longer a factor. The board is so much more enjoyable to read. Try it, and they may just go away...
Everyone knows you’re not interested in learning. Go away.

Best thing ever is the "ignore" selection. PM and feepaw, the two most contrarian and negative idiots in the history of the board, are no longer a factor. The board is so much more enjoyable to read. Try it, and they may just go away...
Agree on PM. I’ve had him on ignore for three or four weeks and the place is much better without his troll droppings. He says the same anti-IU BS all the time. He’s not smart enough to come up with anything new or clever. He only has about four tools in his troll bag so he uses them over and over. He’s a bore. Feepaw is all over the map with his anti-IU trolling. I find him hilarious because of his inconsistency. However, I’ve begun to believe the poor guy might be increasingly senile and I’m starting to feel bad for laughing at him. Sort of.

Both of them lower the average IQ of any room they enter - probably including empty rooms.

Agree on PM. I’ve had him on ignore for three or four weeks and the place is much better without his troll droppings. He says the same anti-IU BS all the time. He’s not smart enough to come up with anything new or clever. He only has about four tools in his troll bag so he uses them over and over. He’s a bore. Feepaw is all over the map with his anti-IU trolling. I find him hilarious because of his inconsistency. However, I’ve begun to believe the poor guy might be increasingly senile and I’m starting to feel bad for laughing at him. Sort of.

Both of them lower the average IQ of any room they enter - probably including empty rooms.
Lol. You can’t keep up so you ignore. You support mediocrity. There’s no other reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT