ADVERTISEMENT

We go live to Kevin Wilson's preview of the 2015 season

Oxford Collapse

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Check - check one two -- this damn thing on?
images

Fantastic. Glad to be here -- thank you all for joining me. This time of the year is family time for you guys, but let's be realistic - your wife's never going to believe two months from now that those 2 AM calls from a blocked number are just Tom setting up an impromptu presser. Dog. House. AmIRight?

We've got a big season coming up this fall, as you media types know. But before you can look ahead, you have to look back, so let's take a quick look at
wile-e-coyote-1-o.gif
. Look closely there and you'll see the exact moment we lost Nate - led to a tough year for us, but one where we showed a lot of potential.

kevin-wilson.jpg

But I'm tremendously excited to be back for another fall here - I think we've got a chance to do something real special. There are obviously some challenges - there always are. We've currently got a lion cub and the secretary from the International Aid office penciled in at Cornerback (she's inexperienced, but gritty), so pass defense is going to be an area to improve. But we're all about setting reasonable expectations here, so when you open up the media guide to the defensive backs section, you'll see
Disaster-Recovery-Plan.jpg
. We've also got an offer from ServPro to sponsor the break between the third and fourth quarter, so Fred's picked us up a new hot tub for the coaches lounge. Always looking for another revenue stream, another opportunity to get better as a coaching staff.

People ask me about the pressure that we're feeling as a coaching staff going into this year. You might have seen a few articles putting me on some kind of a hot seat.

Kevin-Wilson-introduces-first-signing-class2.jpg

Really, though, I've never been more relaxed in my life. Losing season every year since I've been here, and most of the fanbase is still talking extensions for four, five years. Beat Georgiana State Tech, North Central, and Purdue, and you lot are talking progress. I had Walter White starting at strong safety last year, and you guys called me "tough on crime." Sweet gig, right?

Point is though, I think we'll f*** some sh*t up this year, and here's why. Our schedule's easy. You heard me - it's easy. Doesn't matter that we're playing a 5-week-old puggle and your Asian-looking aunt at cornerback -- we're going to win, and win big. Freddie, throw up the powerpoint.

Southern Illinois - Our first opponent will be a real test, but it's one I'm excited about - my first car was a Sidekick, so I've got a long history with the Suzukis. *Fred Glass walks up hurriedly*.... I've just been informed that we're playing the Salukis, and they are not connected in any way to the Japanese carmaker. My bad. Can someone get on the horn and find out what the hell a Saluki is?
Kevin+Wilson+1.jpg

Florida International - Used to be Howard Schnellenberger's stomping grounds. Guy named TY Hilton played for them a few years back, so they've got some talent. But last year, FIU lost to every team on their schedule not named Southern Miss, and put up two touchdowns or more exactly twice, while playing in the Conference USA. If we lose this game at home, I'll run my own a** out of town.

Western Kentucky - No doubt the Hilltoppers have an explosive offense, but we're .500 against teams from Bowling Green over the last two years -- that's enough to keep you guys happy, then I'm happy.

Wake Forest - "I'm a southern baptist, but I don't like the (Wake Forest) Deacons. We're going to kick their ass."

Big Ten schedule ain't important. We'll roll through that like we always do - show just enough potential to get you guys excited about next year, and blow out that lifeless corpse of a football program up in West Lafayette. I'm impressed with what Darrell's done up there - that flatbill bender has given the rest of the country a masterclass in how to be both terrible and employed.

Alright - sprinkler party, pronto. See you idiots outside. Go Hoosiers.

Coach_Wilson_02_0830_md_WEB.jpg

Link this to the football boards! Watch them swarm in hatred as they call for an extension of Wilsons contract. It cracks me up that most of them want an extension to help with RECRUITING!! Not winning, but RECRUITING! Some of our fan base is just Kentucky dumb and sadly there's no cure for that. Great post.

Link this to the football boards! Watch them swarm in hatred as they call for an extension of Wilsons contract. It cracks me up that most of them want an extension to help with RECRUITING!! Not winning, but RECRUITING! Some of our fan base is just Kentucky dumb and sadly there's no cure for that. Great post.

You're so stupid.

Jeebus....You can't be this dumb. In order to recruit, a coach can't be a lame duck. Winning will definitely help, no doubt...but in order to get to the winning part, one of the things we have to win recruiting battle...and up until this summer (when we only have a limited amount of scholies to give unlike previous seasons), IU has to be a bit more selective with it's final offers. THOSE kids aren't likely to commit to IU without knowing that their coach will be there too.

Reactions: C-$
Jeebus....You can't be this dumb. In order to recruit, a coach can't be a lame duck. Winning will definitely help, no doubt...but in order to get to the winning part, one of the things we have to win recruiting battle...and up until this summer (when we only have a limited amount of scholies to give unlike previous seasons), IU has to be a bit more selective with it's final offers. THOSE kids aren't likely to commit to IU without knowing that their coach will be there too.

Yes, yes he can.

some people think we can go out and hire anyone and be successfull here. now that is kentucky dumb.

You've got to be the biggest dumb ass on the internet

I am glad to see you and 20 and C-dumby took my baited post and ran with it. I got 3 trophies in one post! I don't often fool u RF. you off your game tonight?

I am glad to see you and 20 and C-dumby took my baited post and ran with it. I got 3 trophies in one post! I don't often fool u RF. you off your game tonight?
You wouldnt know what game is to be off of. You just got your ass pwnd and now your pretending it was a troll attempt. Just quit while you're behind...

You wouldnt know what game is to be off of. You just got your ass pwnd and now your pretending it was a troll attempt. Just quit while you're behind...
I'm one of the biggest IU fball supporters on this site. So yeah, I'm gonna turn on them at the drop of a hat? That's C-dumb dumb right there. You are better than this RF. admit you got owned and move on. I know it's a slap in the face to get owned by me, but even blind squirrels find nuts once in awhile. This is the OTF dude. This is what we do here.

I'm one of the biggest IU fball supporters on this site. So yeah, I'm gonna turn on them at the drop of a hat? That's C-dumb dumb right there. You are better than this RF. admit you got owned and move on. I know it's a slap in the face to get owned by me, but even blind squirrels find nuts once in awhile. This is the OTF dude. This is what we do here.
Wait...the OTF? How exactly does this place work?

Yeah...I know your record...which is why I wouldn't be surprised that you would actually post something like that. Again, it's the OTF...and that is why we also have the phrase "Mac level dumb".

It's ok mac...you said something stupid and we called you on it. Time to move along.

Wait...the OTF? How exactly does this place work?

Yeah...I know your record...which is why I wouldn't be surprised that you would actually post something like that. Again, it's the OTF...and that is why we also have the phrase "Mac level dumb".

It's ok mac...you said something stupid and we called you on it. Time to move along.
You've now hit Outside Shitter dumb. I applaud u. You've lost a lot of credibility today. You sling it it well, but can't take the heat of receiving it in return. But at least edumbs and OS have company now. Congrats!

Keep digging mac...you were pwned...the more you fight it, the more you prove it. As far as losing credibility to you? Please....I am flattered....

What the hell?

And you were not baiting anyone. No one is buying that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT