ADVERTISEMENT

Intelligent discussion of what's going on with young men in the U.S.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I’m so glad we got an intelligent discussion going here, just like Brad wanted. 😎
Sigh, fine.

I think there has been a tectonic shift happening in society over the past 60 years as more and more women have entered the work force. This is not to say that feminisim is bad. It is not. This is not to say that women in the workforce is bad. It is not.

I truly believe that in an effort to level the playing field we have grown accustomed to viewing men often as dumb, brutish, lucky to be getting laid at all, etc. There has been a decades long focus on getting girls "caught up". Well, they've now blown past young men but the caricature of men (especially young men) continues.

There are far more girls going to college than boys (and even larger disparity in minority groups). Women will soon out earn men in the same jobs (will we then have a reversal of this fortune? doubtful).

None of this is BAD but the only losers in all the equations over the past 60 years (rise of feminism, loss of jobs to offshoring/automation) have been men, and espeically young men, more than anyone else. And the young men didn't get counseling or a hand up. At best they were mostly told to suck it and it was what was best for them.

As a caveat, I don't know how to solve this problem.

There's an argument to be made that our ability to help anyone live a full, productive, reproductive life is killing the species. I wear glasses because I can't see five feet in front of me.
I think you call that a social adaptation? Not sure, I never paid attention in science class. I was to focused on Victoria in the front row. I did do well on the anatomy unit. Anyway, back to my point. I have to drink 15 beers before I can’t see 5 feet in front of me and every chick looks beautiful. You can accomplish it by just taking off your glasses. You lucky son of a bitch.

Ask yourself what the very worst secret is you're currently keeping from her. Be honest with yourself. Now assume she found out.
It’s even worse than that.

She wants me to go with her, one of her girlfriends, and the girlfriends new husband who I’ve only met once, to watch a Journey and Heart tribute band at wine on the wabash in Terre Haute this weekend.

That’s not 2 different bands. Thats one band that does both Journey AND Heart.

Oh dear God.

Edit-apparently the name of the band is Journey from the Heart.

Sweet merciful Jesus, somebody help me.

Last edited:

She wants me to go with her, one of her girlfriends, and the girlfriends new husband who I’ve only met once, to watch a Journey and Heart tribute band at wine on the wabash in Terre Haute this weekend.

Oh dear God.

I think I’d rather talk to my wife.

Close though.

Oh dear God.

I'd take up hard drugs for the night.

Oh dear God.

988. Don't forget that number.

Oh dear God.

I’d sign up for OT at work

Oh dear God.

How sweet of your wife to plan your Saturday. I’m sure you and the new husband will hit it off. Ask your wife, she’ll tell you how much you have in common and how great he is😉

marriage is sacred. I love my wife. we've built so much together and I'd never throw that away. because I love her so damn much I also happen to know you can fake a Tinder profile no prob and eye eff mature ladies with complete anonymity. I do it for her.

warning: 50 years looks like 35 on some, 115 on others. Jesus, I can't believe I'm the same age as some of these women.

larry-david-checking-out.gif

I really need to work on my branding. Need my own crest and logo like that. Wear it all the time.
but you have to believe it. then your beliefs, your branding, your image, it all becomes one perfectly symbiotic message to the world.

i'm going to the dirty myrtle to play golf with friends this summer and a kids' trip. if our ships' ballasts aren't righted by next summer you and i will go to a MAN OF WARR BECOME A WARRIOR CAMP

• Love
Reactions: BradStevens
but you have to believe it. then your beliefs, your branding, your image, it all becomes one perfectly symbiotic message to the world.

i'm going to the dirty myrtle to play golf with friends this summer and a kids' trip. if our ships' ballasts aren't righted by next summer you and i will go to a MAN OF WARR BECOME A WARRIOR CAMP
I should have posted this instead:

Note to self: buy more black t-shirts.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
🤣🤣🤣. You cannot bullshit around. To be a man of business, you have to be on a mission. Then the rest, including women, will fall into place. Tomorrow, after I hit sbx, I will be on a mission to find a long chain with a cross
I hope you wear it outside your black turtleneck.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

Oh dear God.

Long, but good discussion on the issues facing young men and boys today.

One of the crazy stats from the beginning that sounds superficial but kinda blew me away: on dating apps, women spend most of their time just interested in the top guys. So if you have an app with 50 men and 50 women, all 50 women are going to be focused on the top 4 or 5 guys, with the other 90% of men getting no attention. Women are the anti- @larsIU

@UncleMark not going to like the commentary on Baby Boomers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT