ADVERTISEMENT

we are not that bad

Rutger NW Minnesota Ohio State or MSU would not surprise me if they were better than Ill, and I bet 2 of them will be. Conference is loaded. Rutgers just beat ILL.

One, Rutgers is pretty damn good. Two, that game was a little fluky and Illinois let it get away.

You must have missed Illinois beating Minnesota by like 80 points. And Michigan state sucks.

One, Rutgers is pretty damn good. Two, that game was a little fluky and Illinois let it get away.

You must have missed Illinois beating Minnesota by like 80 points. And Michigan state sucks.

LOL I did miss that, but Carr has been out of mind last few games. I mean can you imagine if we had Carr on our team? WTF does our PG play suck so bad, Archie was a plucking PG.

What “shooting” are you talking about? If it’s in the paint then yes. The three point shooting was consistent. We his 35% which is pretty average. That’s all you can ask.
All of it. Today, FTs and threes were okay, but the paint was a disaster. Again NW, shooting was ok (although really bad in the first half) but FTs were a mess. If we could get everything clicking in the same game, we can be real hard to beat. But we don't.

39% from 3..... good.
40% overall.... not so good.

Cockburn made everything really difficult for TJD. TJD's lack of shooting range is a killer in a matchup like that, and why it's pretty clear he'll be returning next season.
Bingo. It’s tough to see TJD going to the NBA next year. He has not developed an outside shot whatsoever. However, I felt like he did well defending cockburn today. He beefed him a few times.

Bingo. It’s tough to see TJD going to the NBA next year. He has not developed an outside shot whatsoever. However, I felt like he did well defending cockburn today. He beefed him a few times.
Ben Simmons says hi. Cody zeller says hello. They didn’t draft those guys for a stinking outside shot. If TJD is second in the B1G player of the year he’s gone.

BS. If we play like that we will go 7-13. We needed to play quite a bit better to win that game, and ILL is probably the 5th-7th best team in this conference..

Looking at the schedule, I also came out 7-13, as you suggest, 'if we play just like that':

---PSU-----W
---MD------W.....2-2
---At WIS---L
---At NEB---W
---V. PUR---W....4-3
---At MSU--L
---At Iowa--L
---V. RUT----L....4-6
---At UM----L
---V. ILL------L
---V. Iowa---L....4-9
---At NW----L
---At OSU---L
---V. MN-----W...5-11
---V. MSU---W
---At RUT---L
---V. UM-----W
---At PUR---L....7-13

Possible 8 game losing streak there....won't this board be fun if that happens?

I think Illinois is better than #5-7......more like #3-5.

I feel like Durham's going to suck most of the rest of the year because.....why wouldn't he? It's what he does when you count on him.

I have a little more remaining hope for Rob.....he did show some signs of life tonight. But odds are he'll struggle.

I hope Stewart gets a chance. It's a long shot, but he could make a difference.

Lander's another long shot, but he needs to play. Either Rob or Lander should always be in the game......then hope for the best.

Ben Simmons says hi. Cody zeller says hello. They didn’t draft those guys for a stinking outside shot. If TJD is second in the B1G player of the year he’s gone.

Nonsense. Simmons was a projected #1 overall pick. Cody was a guaranteed lottery pick. That's not a good comparison.

Best case scenario I've seen in mock drafts so far is very late 2nd round. And most mocks put him in the '22 draft. I'd be quite surprised to see him leave after this year.

Nonsense. Simmons was a projected #1 overall pick. Cody was a guaranteed lottery pick. That's not a good comparison.

Best case scenario I've seen in mock drafts so far is very late 2nd round. And most mocks put him in the '22 draft. I'd be quite surprised to see him leave after this year.
The point was none of them has a shot. The draft projections I’ve seen are late 1st round early second round in which case he’s gone. If he ends up averaging a double double and second in the B1G player of the year he’s gone.

Looking at the schedule, I also came out 7-13, as you suggest, 'if we play just like that':

---PSU-----W
---MD------W.....2-2
---At WIS---L
---At NEB---W
---V. PUR---W....4-3
---At MSU--L
---At Iowa--L
---V. RUT----L....4-6
---At UM----L
---V. ILL------L
---V. Iowa---L....4-9
---At NW----L
---At OSU---L
---V. MN-----W...5-11
---V. MSU---W
---At RUT---L
---V. UM-----W
---At PUR---L....7-13

Possible 8 game losing streak there....won't this board be fun if that happens?

I think Illinois is better than #5-7......more like #3-5.

I feel like Durham's going to suck most of the rest of the year because.....why wouldn't he? It's what he does when you count on him.

I have a little more remaining hope for Rob.....he did show some signs of life tonight. But odds are he'll struggle.

I hope Stewart gets a chance. It's a long shot, but he could make a difference.

Lander's another long shot, but he needs to play. Either Rob or Lander should always be in the game......then hope for the best.
We aren’t going to lose all of those games. The B1G is a mess and a gauntlet. Some of those teams will get beat up.

The point was none of them has a shot. The draft projections I’ve seen are late 1st round early second round in which case he’s gone. If he ends up averaging a double double and second in the B1G player of the year he’s gone.

if the season ended today Ayo carr Harper and Garza are getting more votes for big ten player of the year . A few more are nipping on his heels. Cockburn was better than tjd yesterday, mainly because of the last 9 minutes of the game where tjd no showed and Cockburn owned him.

if the season ended today Ayo carr Harper and Garza are getting more votes for big ten player of the year . A few more are nipping on his heels. Cockburn was better than tjd yesterday, mainly because of the last 9 minutes of the game where tjd no showed and Cockburn owned him.
But we aren’t. TJD had his worst game but mostly stood toe to toe with him. Blocked 3 of his shots and bothered him until he got into foul trouble.

But we aren’t. TJD had his worst game but mostly stood toe to toe with him. Blocked 3 of his shots and bothered him until he got into foul trouble.

until winning time you mean. 7 footers on almost all big ten schools. If he doesn’t shoot the ball this year he is coming back to school.

You are discounting the plan. His family and him said year 2.

NBA doesn't care about his families plan. No chance he gets drafted in the 1st round if he doesn't shoot threes this year, or have a semblance of a 17 footer. Looked good first few games, looks awful last few.

He will test the waters and they will tell him you need to improve your shot to make it. I see him sliding out of the 2nd round by the end of the year. He will be overmatched a ton this year if Brunk isn't healthy that will not be good for his stock. Much better when you are beating up on lesser players.

NBA doesn't care about his families plan. No chance he gets drafted in the 1st round if he doesn't shoot threes this year, or have a semblance of a 17 footer. Looked good first few games, looks awful last few.

He will test the waters and they will tell him you need to improve your shot to make it. I see him sliding out of the 2nd round by the end of the year. He will be overmatched a ton this year if Brunk isn't healthy that will not be good for his stock. Much better when you are beating up on lesser players.
Who says they care about the first round? You only care about what you would do.

Who says they care about the first round? You only care about what you would do.

He has plenty of money, his Dad was what in the NBA for over a decade? He will be smarter than most when it comes to the NBA. You don't leave to go pro unless you are gonna cash in with guaranteed money, just is not a smart move. Lets revisit this at the end of January. Ill more than likely bet you he will come back if you would like.

• Wow
Reactions: EarlTubbs
Hostile environment? Did your mom drop you on your head?

lol

It was a physical game and in general the refs let them play. My only complaints about the officiating was allowing Ayo's non-stop chicken wing and the fact that traveling was not even a rule.

How can we expect to win in a hostile environment? Maybe if the families are forced to watch remotely from the concourse we‘ll have a chance next time. There’s always Nebraska

He has plenty of money, his Dad was what in the NBA for over a decade? He will be smarter than most when it comes to the NBA. You don't leave to go pro unless you are gonna cash in with guaranteed money, just is not a smart move. Lets revisit this at the end of January. Ill more than likely bet you he will come back if you would like.
The argument could be made that he has the backing to go for just those reasons. It’s funny how all your arguments end with “money” and “bets”. Lots of guys left without guarantees.

The argument could be made that he has the backing to go for just those reasons. It’s funny how all your arguments end with “money” and “bets”. Lots of guys left without guarantees.

His dad is well connected and very knowledgable in terms of the NBA. Why would he go pro if there is a chance he would not get drafted, when he can come back an improve his stock tremendously with a jump shot? I dont get your theory here.

I am a degenerate gambler, won't lie to you.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Why would he go pro if there is a chance he would not get drafted, when he can come back an improve his stock tremendously with a jump shot?

I am a degenerate gambler, won't lie to you.

What if comes back and doesn’t improve his stock tremendously? What if he regresses? What if he gets hurt.

There are many things for him and his advisers to consider.

What if comes back and doesn’t improve his stock tremendously? What if he regresses? What if he gets hurt.

There are many things for him and his advisers to consider.

risk reward would tell you to come back, if you fall out of the mock drafts for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT