ADVERTISEMENT

Watched a little of Illinois last night vs Mizzou

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
Wow, they looked good! Shannon was a jet getting up and down the floor and to the rim. Don't remember him playing like that last year, but he was unstoppable when I was watching. I don't know who we have to guard him, I guess it will fall to Trey and CJ, but I don't think either are physical enough to contain him. I hope so!

Reactions: edub72
Wow, they looked good! Shannon was a jet getting up and down the floor and to the rim. Don't remember him playing like that last year, but he was unstoppable when I was watching. I don't know who we have to guard him, I guess it will fall to Trey and CJ, but I don't think either are physical enough to contain him. I hope so!
How did Tamar look?

How did Tamar look?
I fell asleep at halftime and I think IL was up 25. Tamar started and had 10 the box score says. Didn't seem to impact the game during what I watched. Shannon finished with 30 and had 11 rebounds. IL outrebounded them 51-35. They played fast... super fast. They'll be a load for us with that speed and athleticism. I think we have a better shot vs Purdue. Only watching 1 game of them, I think they'll be right there for the conference title. We'll see.

Several buckets when the game was out of reach.

Mizzou has a couple oddities.

Their PG is 5'8" and looks to be 250 lbs.

They also have a 7'5" dude who sorta resembles a 70's Bill Walton.
So he’d still be a bench guy behind Galloway on this team, unless Gallo was playing the point. Several thought he’d go on and come into his own at Mizzou, but it looks like he’s the same guy. I guess he’s better than Gunn, but I don’t miss him.

Several buckets when the game was out of reach.

Mizzou has a couple oddities.

Their PG is 5'8" and looks to be 250 lbs.

They also have a 7'5" dude who sorta resembles a 70's Bill Walton.
Thought they said the PG was 5'10" and 225. His nickname should be fireplug.

It's what he's known for since before he came to Illinois .. and yes he did that last year.
I just don't remember him going to the hole so hard every time. Admittedly I haven't watched IL much, but he was like a locomotive. I hope TG has it locked in. Will help if we can get something out of CJ too. At the very least it will give us 5 more fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT