ADVERTISEMENT

Waste, fraud, and abuse

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
  • Haha
Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Swim teams need a home court too … but it’s not typical HS accommodations.

I know that.

Fort Wayne I believe has a pool by South Side that all FWCS can use.

We were just blown away that a school had a full size pool... had never seen anything like that before.

I know that.

Fort Wayne I believe has a pool by South Side that all FWCS can use.

We were just blown away that a school had a full size pool... had never seen anything like that before.

12 50-m pools now

This shit is getting out of hand.

Yes. Govt spending is out of hand.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu and DANC
Swim teams need a home court too … but it’s not typical HS accommodations.
In my area it is. It’s ridiculous. Our school district put up for a referendum a $40 million new pool in 2015. It got voted down.

So what did the school board do? Commission a $250 million renovation of the high school, including $100 million for a pool and new locker rooms, and then refuse to put it up for referendum, instead relying on other funding measures. Awful.

I remember walking into a school for the first time as a basketball player for a away game, and the school had a pool.

We were blown away.
We had a pool in the basement of the gym in junior high. The first one in was the scum buster . . . the pool was part of the original construction of the Pearl Street gym at the old high school.

Here's how long ago the idea came into fruition: from the 40s . . . .

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
We had a pool in the basement of the gym in junior high. The first one in was the scum buster . . . the pool was part of the original construction of the Pearl Street gym at the old high school.

You went to Central and not Northside? I wasn't sure where the dividing line was north.

I had gym first period all 3 years at Central. On Monday morning one could see the film on the water.

Oh, I was curious if you heard about the shooting in Columbus. 4 were shot at the Lincoln Park basketball courts, 3 were helicoptered to Indy. Baseball and softball were going on at those fields at the time too. That wasn't a spot I played basketball very often, a long way from my house. But the baseball fields were a frequent visit.

I remember walking into a school for the first time as a basketball player for a away game, and the school had a pool.

We were blown away.
When I played 5th grade basketball for the mighty Plainville Midgets back in the mid 80’s, there was one school we played at where we had to move the cafeteria tables off the court before we played and put them back after the game. The gym was also the cafeteria.

I don’t remember the name of the school. St Johns maybe?

When I played 5th grade basketball for the mighty Plainville Midgets back in the mid 80’s, there was one school we played at where we had to move the cafeteria tables off the court before we played and put them back after the game. The gym was also the cafeteria.

Stinesville Quarry Lads maybe? Their gym was exactly as you describe.

Also I have a lot of family from around the Plainville, Sandborn area. My Grandmother is burried in Plainville next to the VFW building. This weekend was always our annual family pilgrimage to the VFW building and decorate graves.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Stinesville Quarry Lads maybe? Their gym was exactly as you describe.

Also I have a lot of family from around the Plainville, Sandborn area. My Grandmother is burried in Plainville next to the VFW building. This weekend was always our annual family pilgrimage to the VFW building and decorate graves.
My daughter lives in Plainville. Not a lot left there these days. Gas station is still holding on but there’s not much else.

I live about 5 miles east of there. Little town of Epsom.

I went to a gradeschool like that in the southern part of Daviess county. I went there in the mid 90's.

My school had a pool a zillion years ago. My biggest high school trauma was having swim class first period and having to deal with bad hair the rest of the day.

This shit is getting out of hand.

No one confuses Rachael Campos-Duffy with a newscaster.

Why do you post this shit? Do you really want to get into a tit-for-tat exchange of stupid TV personalities?

No one confuses Rachael Campos-Duffy with a newscaster.

Why do you post this shit? Do you really want to get into a tit-for-tat exchange of stupid TV personalities?

I'm just trying to even things up a bit. Posting idiotic shit that some random lib might do or say is commonplace. Aren't we libs allowed to have a little fun? You sure do seem to be triggered by these posts.

I didn't know who she was so I looked her up. I got as far as her getting her start on an MTV reality show. That's all I need to know.

I'm just trying to even things up a bit. Posting idiotic shit that some random lib might do or say is commonplace. Aren't we libs allowed to have a little fun? You sure do seem to be triggered by these posts.
Because you'd bitch like hell if I posted something where exactly ONE complaint was filed and acted like it was a Party-wide thing.

But I'll remember and return the favor. We'll see how triggered you get.

Because you'd bitch like hell if I posted something where exactly ONE complaint was filed and acted like it was a Party-wide thing.

But I'll remember and return the favor. We'll see how triggered you get.
My favorite is Abby Phillip (I’m guessing the spelling is correct) on CNN using the word epitome and pronouncing it “eh-peh-tome.”

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
You went to Central and not Northside? I wasn't sure where the dividing line was north.

I had gym first period all 3 years at Central. On Monday morning one could see the film on the water.
NS for 7th and 8th, C for 9th. Initially, they tried to draw the boundary line down the middle of our street. Those on the south side of our street would have gone to C, while those on the north side of the street would have gone to NS.

The redistricting in 9th grade is why East didn't have a senior class my senior year. No way that was going to happen . . . again.

Oh, I was curious if you heard about the shooting in Columbus. 4 were shot at the Lincoln Park basketball courts, 3 were helicoptered to Indy. Baseball and softball were going on at those fields at the time too. That wasn't a spot I played basketball very often, a long way from my house. But the baseball fields were a frequent visit.
Did not until I saw your post. Thank you for that . . . .

The last time I played bball at Lincoln was with McNutt and some guys from his class. Mostly I played at McKinley (still a school back then) and Lincoln School, with some at Donner . . . but the summer sessions for basketball had ended there. Played with Bill Bunton (UL) some at Donner. He was a really tall dude . . . .

Did not until I saw your post. Thank you for that . . . .

The last time I played bball at Lincoln was with McNutt and some guys from his class. Mostly I played at McKinley (still a school back then) and Lincoln School, with some at Donner . . . but the summer sessions for basketball had ended there. Played with Bill Bunton (UL) some at Donner. He was a really tall dude . . . .
If you played at Lincoln School we almost certainly met. I spent a lot of time there.

Drinking cog-nack this morning?
Yep. Just a little Remy Martin . . . helps with the Rheumatism.

Yep. Just a little Remy Martin . . . helps with the Rheumatism.

Okay, then. Carry on.

Reactions: Sope Creek
If you played at Lincoln School we almost certainly met. I spent a lot of time there.
I'm older than you by a bunch . . . so I doubt we crossed paths . . . doesn't surprise me that you were at Lincoln playing ball. Not much else to do in C-bus.

BTW, the east basket was a bit low. Got my first dunk there in the summer after my 9th grade year.

I'm older than you by a bunch . . . so I doubt we crossed paths . . . doesn't surprise me that you were at Lincoln playing ball. Not much else to do in C-bus.

BTW, the east basket was a bit low. Got my first dunk there in the summer after my 9th grade year.
Yep, but I still would have seen you around. If the big kids were there, we either went to St Peters or played football/baseball at Pigpen. Or we waited on you guys to leave, the older group seemed to lack the "it's only 100 degrees, let's run again" mentality. Some kids were between us and played in both groups.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Yep, but I still would have seen you around. If the big kids were there, we either went to St Peters or played football/baseball at Pigpen. Or we waited on you guys to leave, the older group seemed to lack the "it's only 100 degrees, let's run again" mentality. Some kids were between us and played in both groups.
I dunno . . . there wasn't much weather I wouldn't run in. I was YOUNG when I was playing at Lincoln school. Benny Shipley and Tony Shipley were running with us.

Paul Starks ran at Donner.

Did you know any of those guys?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT