ADVERTISEMENT

was nervous about the Purdue game

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
but sucks it was cancelled. will be hard to ever duplicate this season again , thoroughly enjoyed watching this team play this year. now I fear losing to Iowa and with all the bowl games getting canceled not even going to a bowl in this historical season.

Indiana Football fans need to believe a little, have faith in the future of the program. Tom Allen will field a defense that is capable of winning games that were out of reach under previous regimes.

If Tom stays in Bloomington, Indiana will be on the rise for the foreseeable future. Look at next year's team! Hell, the whole lot returns. They'll be a year older, stronger and better. Imagine having two studs at QB in Tuttle and Penix!! Couple that fact with a hot shot Donovan McCulley's arrival and the future is very, very bright!!!

This might sound bass akwards, but the best thing to happen to IU's 2021 season would be to miss out on the B1G championship game & a NY6 bowl.

That would turn next year into a revenger tour and I can see the boys (1) putting in angry kind of work in the off-season, (2) playing angry next year, and (3) having a chip on their shoulder big enough that even the President would say it is a little bit overkill.

but sucks it was cancelled. will be hard to ever duplicate this season again , thoroughly enjoyed watching this team play this year. now I fear losing to Iowa and with all the bowl games getting canceled not even going to a bowl in this historical season.
Dude, there are teams with 3-5 records projected for bowls right now. There are plenty of slots to be filled.

Reactions: vesuvius13
This might sound bass akwards, but the best thing to happen to IU's 2021 season would be to miss out on the B1G championship game & a NY6 bowl.

That would turn next year into a revenger tour and I can see the boys (1) putting in angry kind of work in the off-season, (2) playing angry next year, and (3) having a chip on their shoulder big enough that even the President would say it is a little bit overkill.
I see your point but I think the team deserves the spoils this year.

Technically every school could get everyone back on their team.

It will be interesting how many of our players stay to the end of their eligibility now that they have the option to be here 5 or 6 years (given the redshirt option and now free covid year).

Technically every school could get everyone back on their team.

It will be interesting how many of our players stay to the end of their eligibility now that they have the option to be here 5 or 6 years (given the redshirt option and now free covid year).
I think it'll be a lot fewer than we might imagine (or hope). The vast majority of FBS kids aren't sniffing the CFL, much less the NFL, so probably not much to gain on that front. If they took school seriously a lot may be ready to just start life. For the ones who don't take school all that seriously, classes still kinda suck.

I think it'll be a lot fewer than we might imagine (or hope). The vast majority of FBS kids aren't sniffing the CFL, much less the NFL, so probably not much to gain on that front. If they took school seriously a lot may be ready to just start life. For the ones who don't take school all that seriously, classes still kinda suck.

couldn't they just take a bunch of hper classes? lol

And your fencing opponent is Caleb Jones....

Might be an opportunity for some free grad school.

couldn't they just take a bunch of hper classes? lol

And your fencing opponent is Caleb Jones....

Might be an opportunity for some free grad school.
To be clear. "I" would milk every free credit hour I could out of football. But I know how much getting an advanced degree blows and that it's not for everybody.

I just foresee a lot of kids saying they've given it there all, had a great time, and decide to hang em' up to take the next steps in life. I hope I'm wrong about at least a few of the kids.

I wasn't nervous after watching Purdue lay an egg against Nebraska. They have no momentum, & Moore looked...clearly not 100%, so I think we would have drubbed them. Morale has to be very low there. They just find ways to lose. They're very sloppy, they don't learn from mistakes, they remind me a lot of us under CKW. Brohm's leadership just carries such a tone of negativity, cynicism even. The anti-LEO. Not to mention paying him about 3 million per win has to suck.

I wasn't nervous after watching Purdue lay an egg against Nebraska. They have no momentum, & Moore looked...clearly not 100%, so I think we would have drubbed them. Morale has to be very low there. They just find ways to lose. They're very sloppy, they don't learn from mistakes, they remind me a lot of us under CKW. Brohm's leadership just carries such a tone of negativity, cynicism even. The anti-LEO. Not to mention paying him about 3 million per win has to suck.
I got that vibe as well. Just not a positive atmosphere. Not a lot of excitement.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Winning is fun. Free grad degree with tutors would be hard to pass up. It also would allow these guys to raise their profiles when they start applying for jobs.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I was relishing us really putting it to PU. I'm upset we don't even get a chance. Why can't they postpone the game and play it later?

Reactions: td75

you have likeminded puers in this thread. apparently IU backed out of today's game to save an L.

starting at post #14 MKPeters goes into his embittered delusional rant. Pure entertainment from the IU Obsessed trailer park

Well crap...IU pauses activities to Covid | GoldandBlack.com (rivals.com)

IU by 2-3 touchdowns in this one, had it been played.
Absolute lock city. Vegas linemakers were very generous to IU bettors this season. This game would have been no different had you taken IU on the spread, which was around -9.5 or -12 depending on where and when you got a piece of the action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT