ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Purdue

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
Lee Corso took his Indiana team to West Lafayette on Nov 20, 1976, and came home with the bucket (20-14).

#20, Burnett relieved Harkrader, and scored the winning TD. The Hoosiers out rushed the Boilers that day.

The bucket went on display in the IMU ground floor lobby: One of the coolest things I saw as a Junior.

Indiana finished 4-4 in the Big Ten (5-6 overall) and Alex Agasi got axed.

This year, both teams have improved their rushing attacks, (with improved OL play), and racked up impressive rushing totals last Saturday.

Indiana has the more elite receiver corps, unlike the recent past when Rondale Moore beat the IU secondary. May IU get more passing TDs this year, than Purdue.

I expect that the team that rushes for most yards will win.

IU needs to tackle the runner. Tackling the ball led to two MSU TDs last Saturday.

I read where Mark Deal (from the Holiday Bowl winners) was the Bucket’s ‘spirit guide’ for those out of state athletes. Mark won a bucket himsel.

Beat Purdue. Scoreboard is always the answer to IU Sucks.

It will come down to whose D stinks more.

These games are rarely easy because heart and emotion override ability, athleticism, and schemes.

This will be an easy win.
Don't underestimate the ability of CTA to ice his own kicker, go for the first down when we need the points instead, and get conservative in the 4th quarter and blow a lead.

Don't forget the other measures of bad coaching like not having the team prepared and dumb penalties from undisciplined players..

When fighting to avoid being labeled as the worst team in the conference, nothing is easy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT