ADVERTISEMENT

Warning: watch the language.

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
As a general rule, I disagree with the very idea of banning people for what they post on the AOTF. But there are certain things that are not allowed. Basically, words that are banned by the Rivals filter can't be used, and that means inserting spaces, substituting "ph" for "f" or putting them in picture form. This is not a rule that I am making up, and it's not a rule that Ziz made up. It's a rule that Peegs made clear a long, long time ago.

When someone posts something they shouldn't, I simply delete it, and send them a snarky unofficial warning.

When someone posts the same thing again, I simply delete it, and send another snarky unofficial warning. Ask Cap about his Ben Affleck fetish for reference.

When someone posts the same thing a third time, they are making my job way, way too hard, and they get a 24 hour vacation.

In other words, breaking the rules is not grounds for a ban. We're the AOTF, and breaking the rules is what we're about. But pissing me off by making my job difficult while ignoring my pleas that you act like an adult is grounds. Because I'm selfish and shallow. Live with it.

To the person I just banned, feel free to email me and whine about it, but don't expect me to change my mind. Take the 24 hours to cool off and shed some of the crazy.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
So thread view has closed caption? Seems like a waste of a feature....Now braille would be an interesting feature, especially on Asian Thursdays.

As a general rule, I disagree with the very idea of banning people for what they post on the AOTF. But there are certain things that are not allowed. Basically, words that are banned by the Rivals filter can't be used, and that means inserting spaces, substituting "ph" for "f" or putting them in picture form. This is not a rule that I am making up, and it's not a rule that Ziz made up. It's a rule that Peegs made clear a long, long time ago.

When someone posts something they shouldn't, I simply delete it, and send them a snarky unofficial warning.

When someone posts the same thing again, I simply delete it, and send another snarky unofficial warning. Ask Cap about his Ben Affleck fetish for reference.

When someone posts the same thing a third time, they are making my job way, way too hard, and they get a 24 hour vacation.

In other words, breaking the rules is not grounds for a ban. We're the AOTF, and breaking the rules is what we're about. But pissing me off is by making my job difficult while ignoring my pleas that you act like an adult is grounds. Because I'm selfish and shallow. Live with it.

To the person I just banned, feel free to email me and whine about it, but don't expect me to change my mind. Take the 24 hours to cool off and shed some of the crazy.

What happened? I was doing ugh something and missed it. If it's not something you want to post. IC it, whenever... or not.

51026703.jpg

I just couldn't help myself...

Reactions: HA2740
So everyone is guilty but me? That's new.
A lot of people have been pushing it, but only one person repeatedly flaunted his naughty language in the face of me telling him to stop. So... buh-bye for now. Just saying, if you want us to actually moderate the board, ignoring us when we ask you to behave is a good way to start.

I hate doing it, but dude basically begged for it.

I've only ever banned one other person, and that was for some serious unapologetic racism (like, the real kind, like "Jewish people be all..." but not a joke).

A lot of people have been pushing it, but only one person repeatedly flaunted his naughty language in the face of me telling him to stop. So... buh-bye for now. Just saying, if you want us to actually moderate the board, ignoring us when we ask you to behave is a good way to start.

I hate doing it, but dude basically begged for it.

I've only ever banned one other person, and that was for some serious unapologetic racism (like, the real kind, like "Jewish people be all..." but not a joke).

Okay, thanks.

I don't understand why we can't just get along?

In other words, breaking the rules is not grounds for a ban. We're the AOTF, and breaking the rules is what we're about. But pissing me off by making my job difficult while ignoring my pleas that you act like an adult is grounds. Because I'm selfish and shallow. Live with it.

Test.

I have been banned a time or two ... and it's been for like a year ... not 24 hours. So who does that? The football mod? Water Cooler? I never use the "F" word. Can you research who banned me and for what reason? FWIW ... The cooler is much better now without the tight fisted moderation ... although one of my favorite posters ... Rockfish ...seems top have lost his marbles. I used to respect his opinion but now not so much. I know IUT pretty much had it in for me ... don't know why other than he is a sore loser.
Where did my sig go?

Has the suspendee said he will challenge the suspension, sue Peegs.com for the unprecedented penalty, and claimed you have no evidence on which to suspend him? That's what rule-breakers tend to do.
10272961.jpg

Reactions: C-$
Has the suspendee said he will challenge the suspension, sue Peegs.com for the unprecedented penalty, and claimed you have no evidence on which to suspend him? That's what rule-breakers tend to do.
I don't challenge ... don't really care that much.

Where is my sig?
I'm guessing the sig monster ate it.

But in all seriousness if you are visiting for the first time since the switch over to the new format that may be the issue and I believe peegs has a sticky thread on the premie about how to get your sig back. If it isn't, then your image may be from a host that either does not allow hotlinking, or has gone over its bandwidth limits. That would be my slightly educated guess.

Let's be clear what ACTUALLY happened here.

Time and time again people direct profane remarks toward me with no moderation and no penalty. Their post ARE LEFT STANDING.

A few days ago a poster threw the f-word at me. Though this has happened many times before, I thought- hey, there are rules... what if I click "report post"?

So I did. Of course, nothing happened and the post was left standing. So now, I assumed that anything goes... so I responded with a picture with a word for female genitalia that accurately depicts the character of the Colts organization. My post was pulled. The post with the f-bomb directed at me was left STANDING. Hypocrite moderation.

I posted another picture with a profanity. It was pulled. The post with the f-bomb directed at me was left STANDING. Hypocrite moderation.
I posted another picture with a profanity. It was pulled. I was banned. The post with the f-bomb directed at me was only then pulled too. Hypocrite moderator, covering his tracks.

AFTER I was banned, NOT BEFORE, "warnings" are posted in my inbox. Hypocrite moderator, covering his tracks.

I will not post "bad words" at you again OS. Mods deleted my post in question. My post, clearly meant in jest which was obvious to anyone but you, apparently further inflamed your already swollen, yeast ridden, irritated vagina. For this, my sincerest regrets. I hope time has soothed your anger and your snatch.

Here's hoping you channel your passion for the Patriots to something that actually matters, like charity for example. If you love your family a quarter as much as you do Dead-beat dad and known cheater Tom Brady's honor, you are a great dad /husband /son.

Have a good Memorial Day. I'll tip a 40 in remembrance of Tom Brady's lost honor. Sad that his own coach is hanging him out to dry now.

Reactions: IUJIM and C-$
I will not post "bad words" at you again OS. Mods deleted my post in question. My post, clearly meant in jest which was obvious to anyone but you, apparently further inflamed your already swollen, yeast ridden, irritated vagina. For this, my sincerest regrets. I hope time has soothed your anger and your snatch.

Here's hoping you channel your passion for the Patriots to something that actually matters, like charity for example. If you love your family a quarter as much as you do Dead-beat dad and known cheater Tom Brady's honor, you are a great dad /husband /son.

Have a good Memorial Day. I'll tip a 40 in remembrance of Tom Brady's lost honor. Sad that his own coach is hanging him out to dry now.
Cottage_Cheese_homemade.jpg

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT