ADVERTISEMENT

Ware

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
I think he's been better than advertised. someone compared him to Vonleh I don't think that's fair at all. he seems to just have a quiet demeanor about him, jay Edwards like but I don't see him as lazy the kid has had a pretty good season all things considered and has played through a few injuries at times. now MM he's another story, I think he has picked it up a little the last few games, but his effort or lack thereof has hurt the team this year.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
He was also injured and played more minutes sooner than expected after coming back.

He's likely gone, Hummel and the other announcer were talking about him being top 20 in mock drafts already and tonight's game only boosting that.

I noticed Ware was not in the most recent NBA first round prediction I saw. CBS I think it was- just a few days ago.

He is definitely not Jay Edwards, and I'd also say Vonleh was more ready for the NBA than Ware is.
But I like him as a player and hope he is back next year.

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
I noticed Ware was not in the most recent NBA first round prediction I saw. CBS I think it was- just a few days ago.

He is definitely not Jay Edwards, and I'd also say Vonleh was more ready for the NBA than Ware is.
I don’t think I can disagree more. Vonleh was raw as can be. Ware has much more all-around game. His ceiling is whatever he determines it is.

IU has an NBA lottery center this year, on a team that is NIT bound at best....and will not be on the roster next year. As bad as this team is this year...enjoy it. It will be worse next year with Woodson at the helm. Looking forward to 2026...when a new coach can "get us over the hump".

Reactions: iulb and jet812
Ceiling not yet in sight. When he adds more weight and his athleticism can handle it, he'll establish position on the floor wherever, whenever he wants. NBA for sure. Maybe part of a 2 man franchise player.

I don’t think I can disagree more. Vonleh was raw as can be. Ware has much more all-around game. His ceiling is whatever he determines it is.
Ware was the bully last night. He moved the Wisconsin big men all over the court. Everytime he took it to them he just shook his head running down the court. He has a lot of skill others don’t. Like that nasty euro step to a fade. You can’t guard that. It got noticed I’m sure.

Ware was the bully last night. He moved the Wisconsin big men all over the court. Everytime he took it to them he just shook his head running down the court. He has a lot of skill others don’t. Like that nasty euro step to a fade. You can’t guard that. It got noticed I’m sure.
I am really surprised that the Ref's didn't call him for traveling on that move. In real time speed, when I first saw it at the above camera angle, I thought he covered 18 feet in two huge steps. But after the replay... I can see that he didn't travel. But the whole thing just looked odd. Glad there wasn't a call and no interruption of the game.

I think you and I got a bettter chance of going to the moon than him coming back.

I am really surprised that the Ref's didn't call him for traveling on that move. In real time speed, when I first saw it at the above camera angle, I thought he covered 18 feet in two huge steps. But after the replay... I can see that he didn't travel. But the whole thing just looked odd. Glad there wasn't a call and no interruption of the game.
It felt like to me the clowns in black and white stripes had dinner reservations or a flight to catch. Wisconsin was literally slapping at the ball, clawing and digging down on double teams, and trying like hell to dirty up the game. The refs just watched. MR was the only starter with a single foul???

Reactions: Tscurlo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT