ADVERTISEMENT

IU played one of its better defensive games of the year against Illinois . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
Was it a mere coincidence that Ware was out injured?

Was it a matter of players thinking they have to step up and giving extra effort? (Like Mgbako on rebounding.)

Was it cause and effect of Ware's lack of effort on the defensive end, as has been discussed on here? (I only listen to Fisch, so I haven't seen the lack of effort.)

Curious what y'all think.

Reactions: Willdog7

Was it a matter of players thinking they have to step up and giving extra effort? (Like Mgbako on rebounding.)

Was it cause and effect of Ware's lack of effort on the defensive end, as has been discussed on here? (I only listen to Fisch, so I haven't seen the lack of effort.)

I think it's mostly Mgbako playing better. He's not a good defender yet but he is making progress. He isn't completely lost on every possession anymore.

1. Yes.
2. Maybe?
3. Doubtful. What's discussed on here is generally dumb.
4. Why? See above ^^.

Had a week to prep for that game and it was probably the best overall effort IU has had this year.

Reactions: Sope Creek
I think it's mostly Mgbako playing better. He's not a good defender yet but he is making progress. He isn't completely lost on every possession anymore.
While I think Mgbako will enter the portal, I’d really love to see him stay and get in on the Victor Oladipo Training Regimen.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Sope, I think Indiana matched up pretty well against Illinois and their style of play. IU struggles against teams that really move the ball on the perimeter. They can guard teams that go one on one.

I think it was Illinois playing like crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT