ADVERTISEMENT

Ware.

Ware is living up to the expectation I had for him. I mean, the kid was a McDonalds All American and part of the USA FIBA team. He had really high ratings coming out of high school.

I’m more shocked with Mbako. I thought he would be one of those instant impact frosh with elite skills but he is lost half of the time. Doesn’t feel comfortable at all out there. Hopefully, just a bit of shock and awe for him.

Ware has quietly averaged a double-double (20-10) … I think he’ll keep getting better.
Sure, he is starting to figure it out. He has been in the right spot a number of times. Has a soft touch and goes to the boards naturally. But chances are his numbers are going to drop in the conference.

I’d say pleasantly surprised, but it’s way more than that. Kid has lottery pick skills and the body to go with it. Better enjoy him this year.
We have a lot of talent. It’s just a matter of getting the pieces playing better together and keeping a high level of intensity on D more often. Really like Ware’s game, and watching his videos before the season, it was easy to see the potential.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Ware is living up to the expectation I had for him. I mean, the kid was a McDonalds All American and part of the USA FIBA team. He had really high ratings coming out of high school.

I’m more shocked with Mbako. I thought he would be one of those instant impact frosh with elite skills but he is lost half of the time. Doesn’t feel comfortable at all out there. Hopefully, just a bit of shock and awe for him.
Well then he can come back a second year and finslly get it and kick ass with McNeeley.

Reactions: abraxis
If he can start consistently hitting some jumpers, he is going to be really hard to guard.
I hope we don’t hold him back shooting jumpers. I could see Woody jamming it down low to Ware and Malik over and over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT