ADVERTISEMENT

Walt Bell is the beginning of the end of Allen's tenure

Good gravy! It was easy to see that our QB room was going to split. A blind man could see it. I told friends that one or more of our QBs would leave...and that was before the firing...and I am no seer. Penix is and was the logical odd man out. He had his chances...I like the young man...I think it is a mistake for him to leave but...hey...I am not Penix. I think there is a strong chance that Tuttle may opt out...would not blame for leaving a program that obviously has little faith in him. Coaches are most likely out trying to find his replacement right now, right or wrong.

Penix was a gamble that fell through...had some great moments, and a couple of great games. He made a believer out of me when I did not have much faith in him, then turned around and lost it. Not his fault most likely...being injury prone is not something one can control. But if he is to have a last good season (I see no NFL future for this young man I fear), it will not be at IU.

Tuttle never got the chance to develop as he might have as you must get the key reps to do so and so much was put into Penix. Maybe that was the right thing to do. Maybe in hindsight it was not. But whatever...here we are and from where I am sitting, looks like rough waters lie ahead.

Good gravy! It was easy to see that our QB room was going to split. A blind man could see it. I told friends that one or more of our QBs would leave...and that was before the firing...and I am no seer. Penix is and was the logical odd man out. He had his chances...I like the young man...I think it is a mistake for him to leave but...hey...I am not Penix. I think there is a strong chance that Tuttle may opt out...would not blame for leaving a program that obviously has little faith in him. Coaches are most likely out trying to find his replacement right now, right or wrong.

Penix was a gamble that fell through...had some great moments, and a couple of great games. He made a believer out of me when I did not have much faith in him, then turned around and lost it. Not his fault most likely...being injury prone is not something one can control. But if he is to have a last good season (I see no NFL future for this young man I fear), it will not be at IU.

Tuttle never got the chance to develop as he might have as you must get the key reps to do so and so much was put into Penix. Maybe that was the right thing to do. Maybe in hindsight it was not. But whatever...here we are and from where I am sitting, rough waters lie ahead.

Yep, in this day in age, teams rarely keep upper classmen QBs that do not have a clear path to a starting position.

Tuttle never got the chance to develop as he might have as you must get the key reps to do so and so much was put into Penix. Maybe that was the right thing to do. Maybe in hindsight it was not. But whatever...here we are and from where I am sitting, looks like rough waters lie ahead.
How long does it take someone to develop? This was his 3rd year. He was terrible in a very winnable game vs MSU. Pick 6 and another pick. Can't read the field and get the ball out. We scored 15 point vs MSU. How many points did PU and ODU score vs. MSU. Our defense was real good that day.

Reactions: red hornet
“Many, many, many more people were expecting him to return.” Really?? Wow!!

Who knows, maybe he will eventually make you correct, pulls out of the Portal and returns. Unlikely, but I guess we will see.

Meanwhile, IDK who these “many, many, many people” were besides you, but most of us here aren’t surprised at all. Give it a rest already.

This is a certainly a watershed event. I am hoping for the best but fearing the worst. 🥺

That's baloney! Attendance was very good last season and the coaching salaries have come up significantly.
It's not Baloney.

1) TA had to take a pay cut to subsidize Sheridan's firing. Probably why Hiller isn't fired yet - he'd have to subsidize that too?

2) How much is Walt Bell being paid compared to other OCs?

Attendance was good though, except Senior Day. That was disappointing.

It's not Baloney.

1) TA had to take a pay cut to subsidize Sheridan's firing. Probably why Hiller isn't fired yet - he'd have to subsidize that too?

Kirk Ciarrocca, rehired as Gophers offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach on Monday, received a two-year contract that will pay him a base salary of $625,000 for each of the 2022 and 2023 seasons, with incentives to make more, according to the document obtained by the Star Tribune.3 hours ago

Not at IU sadly lol
Oh look, another PU fan. You created an account in the middle of the night and this is your first post...... However, at 3am and this morning you have liked any pro-PU or post that's bashing IU. You're likely the same guy who just keeps creating accounts. Get a life.

Cavanaugh, just ban him.

Oh look, another PU fan. You created an account in the middle of the night and this is your first post...... However, at 3am and this morning you have liked any pro-PU or post that's bashing IU. You're likely the same guy who just keeps creating accounts. Get a life.

Cavanaugh, just ban him.
How sad. Mama must have kicked him out of the basement and he's out on the street.

• Haha
Reactions: BANNERZontheWALL
You go 2-10 after coming into the season ranked #17, coming off 2 years of success not seen recently in your program. Not only are you 2-10 but several of those losses are embarrassing - wheels completely fall off. Offense so bad you fire the OC hours after the season is over. You and your AD watch the fan support and attendance, which started strong, fall off. You turn around and hire a guy with this track record.

They better come out tomorrow and lay out the game plan for why this makes sense or any money they saved on the bargain shelf hire will evaporate in ticket sales.
My friend has had season tickets going all the way back to the old Memorial Stadium. His prices were raised this season and he was moved, which he didn't know about until going to the first home game. He's done after seeing this pathetic season play out.

My friend has had season tickets going all the way back to the old Memorial Stadium. His prices were raised this season and he was moved, which he didn't know about until going to the first home game. He's done after seeing this pathetic season play out.
I hate to say it but, if his season tickets go back as far as the Tenth Street Stadium, he probably wasn't going to be experiencing too many more game days even if we had gone 12-0 this season. But look on the bright side - - he got to enjoy a Rose Bowl season. I hope he made it to Pasadena.

He appears to be a nice looking chap with a genuine smile. That alone should be worth a few extra touchdowns. Ugliness just doesn't sell for whatever reason.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Cavanaugh, just ban hisoke

Cavanaugh, just ban him.
You stalked my anonymous internet account, actually wrote out this post with these words, pressed send, and yet I am the one who needs to get a life 😂. We’re a testy bunch on here these days Hoosier fans!

"he was moved, which he didn't know about until going to first home game" - is he blind, does he pay attention?

There was a seat selection that was extremely well advertised. He had options on how to select his seats - how did he not know where his seats were going to be? It sounds like it might be best he doesn't travel to games.

If Hiller is around, I'm going to find it really difficult to muster up any effort to watch.
I am cutting them some slack for now, but the clock will start for me right after the signing period. If Hiller is still on staff by the end of spring camp, it will tell me Tom Allen's flaws are just too much to overcome, he keeps a useless coach that's proven he is terrible at his job. I said if we were thinking about this without taking recruiting into account, he should've been fired before Sheridan, he was easily the worst staff member this past season and he has been the worst staff member since he was hired.

Cavanaugh, just ban him.
He is busy trolling our basketball boards as well overnight. Maybe GBI is shut down?

As my initial shock clears, I am trying to come around to that rational logic as well. I actually have to believe he will do better than Sheridan this year. (But assuming as it seems Hiller stays on, I worry about our OL play again.)
Seems I was prophetic 9 months ago re: OL woes may hurt Bell too. Tom Allen: please cut bait!

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
Seems I was prophetic 9 months ago re: OL woes may hurt Bell too. Tom Allen: please cut bait!
I do think our problems go beyond the O line, but it (and it’s brethren on the D line) clearly are soft spots. We just don’t have enough players at the positions closest to the ball, and that hurts.Bit there’s still seven games left and we need to get ready for the next one. Coach Allen isn’t leaving for at least two years, but no one will be shocked if the O line coach moves on. Even if he does, we still need a talent lift.

Can you really judge Bell fairly when he is working with a dysfunctional O-line(which we all know is not his fault), which takes away any chance at a run game and his top two receivers are out with injury, severely limiting the passing game. Bazelak definitely had his fair share of poor plays, that's on Bell, but it's just so hard to give him the bulk of the blame given what he's working with.

Can you really judge Bell fairly when he is working with a dysfunctional O-line(which we all know is not his fault), which takes away any chance at a run game and his top two receivers are out with injury, severely limiting the passing game. Bazelak definitely had his fair share of poor plays, that's on Bell, but it's just so hard to give him the bulk of the blame given what he's working with.
Yes I can

Reactions: Orbit7958
I am willing to see what we see next season before hammering nails in the coffin.

But like hiring Sheridan without a search was a risk, shocking the next hire is a fired coach coming off a 3-23 record.

Is Tom Allen running a coaching rehab program with this hire?
You’re willing to wait a whole additional season? Jesus. I’d like to work for you.

It's not Baloney.

So Dolson should be fired immediately. No other clear step. The worst AD WE’ve had in decades.

I am cutting them some slack for now, but the clock will start for me right after the signing period. If Hiller is still on staff by the end of spring camp, it will tell me Tom Allen's flaws are just too much to overcome, he keeps a useless coach that's proven he is terrible at his job. I said if we were thinking about this without taking recruiting into account, he should've been fired before Sheridan, he was easily the worst staff member this past season and he has been the worst staff member since he was hired.
UNTIL SPRING CAMP?! Jesus. Absolutely not.

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
The repeated runs straight up the middle are indefensible. They kill drives.
Again, to be fair, they are not meant to pick up more than 3-5 yards(outside of the occasional bust that goes for more), they are meant to keep the defense honest in passing. The problem is they are lucky to get a yard because the O-line is awful. From a defensive perspective, it's a lot easier to scheme on 2nd and 11, than it is 2nd and 6. At every other program in the country runs up the middle are still widely used and effective, at this one they are not, and this isn't a new problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT