ADVERTISEMENT

VP pick coming today.

Vance or Carson I would guess.

I don't have a dog in this hunt. I'm not going to vote for him, whoever he picks. But I do think that both of those would be bad picks for him.

Vance offers little contrast to Trump. And Trump is a candidate who needs contrast (given his previous pick of Pence, it would seem he understands this).

Carson offers a great deal of contrast. But he has little, if any, executive experience in the public or private sectors. I realize he was a cabinet secretary. But that's really not the same thing.

I think the overall best pick would be Youngkin -- assuming he would accept it. He's not exactly been a full-throated Trump supporter. The second best pick would be Nikki Haley -- assuming she would accept it.

Of the names that have been floated, I think Burgum would be the best one.

I don't have a dog in this hunt. I'm not going to vote for him, whoever he picks. But I do think that both of those would be bad picks for him.

Vance offers little contrast to Trump. And Trump is a candidate who needs contrast (given his previous pick of Pence, it would seem he understands this).

Carson offers a great deal of contrast. But he has little, if any, executive experience in the public or private sectors. I realize he was a cabinet secretary. But that's really not the same thing.

I think the overall best pick would be Youngkin -- assuming he would accept it. He's not exactly been a full-throated Trump supporter. The second best pick would be Nikki Haley -- assuming she would accept it.

Of the names that have been floated, I think Burgum would be the best one.
Vance is a terrible pic

Vance, Vivek, Carson, and maybe Tulsi would be the only sensible picks. Almost everyone else guarantees assassination. Trump has to have insurance. The Deep state hates Vance possibly more than Trump.

I think the overall best pick would be Youngkin -- assuming he would accept it. He's not exactly been a full-throatedA
Agree on Vance, plus I just don't like him personally.

Carson would be an interesting choice. How do you campaign against someone like him?

I agree Youngkin would be a slam dunk.

Reactions: 76-1
Vance, Vivek, Carson, and maybe Tulsi would be the only sensible picks. Almost everyone else guarantees assassination. Trump has to have insurance. The Deep state hates Vance possibly more than Trump.
What a sad state of affairs if that's the reason

I would agree.

But I could totally see Trump making that pick -- making Vance the heir apparent that Mike Pence could never really have been.
Vance is on record multiple times disparaging Trump.

Carson is an ethical, highly intelligent and competent man, unsullied by a lifetime of partisan political dirty tricks and CIA/Mossad blackmailing Ops.

The country needs this.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Vance is on record multiple times disparaging Trump.

Carson is an ethical, highly intelligent and competent man, unsullied by a lifetime of partisan political dirty tricks and CIA/Mossad blackmailing Ops.

The country needs this.
I'm all for Youngkin... My 2nd choice would be Burgum due to his business background...

Reactions: mcmurtry66
No one knows yet. We'll find out at 4:30. I'm still pulling for the flying V. Perfect insurance.

Democrats should be thrilled if its Vance. He'd likely be the candidate in 28...and that increases the Dems chances of winning the office back...really no matter how well the Trump admin does during their term.

I can't fathom a climate that won't include Trump fatigue. His constant antics and rhetoric ARE going to remind non MAGA voters why they voted him out in 20'. Obviously if his policy decisions work out well, that'd help Vance...but there's a good chance the pendulum will swing back to "No More Trump" for a lot of the voters that decide these elections...again, just because of who Trump is and how he is going to lead. Vance, as of today, doesn't help that for the GOP.

Reactions: mrhighlife
Democrats should be thrilled if its Vance. He'd likely be the candidate in 28...and that increases the Dems chances of winning the office back...really no matter how well the Trump admin does during their term.

I can't fathom a climate that won't include Trump fatigue. His constant antics and rhetoric ARE going to remind non MAGA voters why they voted him out in 20'. Obviously if his policy decisions work out well, that'd help Vance...but there's a good chance the pendulum will swing back to "No More Trump" for a lot of the voters that decide these elections...again, just because of who Trump is and how he is going to lead. Vance, as of today, doesn't help that for the GOP.
The only thing Democrats should be thrilled by if it's Vance is the fact that the Veep has almost no constitutional power to actually do anything.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Youngkin trending and Trump said today it would be someone the media hasn't really talked about. 👀

Reactions: 76-1
So the Giant Douche is picking his Turd Sandwich?
Someone the media isn’t suspecting

gettyimages-1128793071-copy.jpg

I can't fathom a climate that won't include Trump fatigue.

This is why I've been saying that Republicans should not be hoping for a Trump win. It would end up as a net loss moving forward. The time is now to rid the party of Donald Trump and spend the next 4 years trying to rebuild a reasonable image. If Trump is still the face in 2028 it will simply bury the party even longer.

I also think Democrats would be better without Biden/Harris for the next 4 years. This election's losers can get the head start on moving forward. The "winners" get to carry the weight of an unpopular leader into the next election.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Segal is my pick for Ambassador to Iran (and yeah, I know we currently don't have an Ambassador to Iran)... First move, retake the Embassy and work out from there... Chuck Norris can be his Charge de Affairs...😉😎

Reactions: DANC
Vance could be called many things but unintelligent is not one of them.
That makes him more scary. He actually knows better, but he is willing to push the Big Lie, he thinks Pence was a pussy and promises he would not have done what Pence was Constitutionally obliged to do, and he PRETENDS to believe every one of the ~30 lies that Trump spews in every hour that he speaks.

RFK Jr. would REALLY shake things up. Got a feeling that he's too big a personality / too little a lapdog for Trump to deal with

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT