ADVERTISEMENT

Vodka!

Maybe. Maybe not. Legal drinking age in this state is still 21, right? With Woody’s love affair of one-year wonders, none of them are of age. I’ve even seen programs in place at various college campuses cautioning students about the dangers of drinking. This seems bassackwards to me. But then again, it’s the new IU.

Does the NIL have anything to do with IU directly?
My understanding is these are separate entities that basically play by their own rules.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Does the NIL have anything to do with IU directly?
My understanding is these are separate entities that basically play by their own rules.
Surely IU has to give some kind of ok, don’t you think? I mean, my god, that’s reckless as hell otherwise. Let’s say a motorcycle gang known for human trafficking, narcotics, and an occasional murder decides they want an “in” with IU coeds, that’s something IU simply smiles at and says thanks? Overly dramatic for sure, but it makes the point.

Surely IU has to give some kind of ok, don’t you think? I mean, my god, that’s reckless as hell otherwise. Let’s say a motorcycle gang known for human trafficking, narcotics, and an occasional murder decides they want an “in” with IU coeds, that’s something IU simply smiles at and says thanks? Overly dramatic for sure, but it makes the point.

Not the way I understand it.
The university can't contribute to an NIL, a coach isn't supposed to discuss NIL with recruits.
To my understanding - totally independent entities.

• Wow
I see it now, Starlight Distillery (looked it up).
If I'm not mistaken that place is the manufacturer of most of these "craft spirits" that have some sort of fake brand history. Tito's vodka, for example, perfectly decent middle of the road general purpose vodka. It's made there, the whole "brand history" of it being founded in Austin, TX is a pure BS marketing scheme. It's made there. Most of the similar tier of spirits in the mid-west are made at this huge place too.

If I'm not mistaken that place is the manufacturer of most of these "craft spirits" that have some sort of fake brand history. Tito's vodka, for example, perfectly decent middle of the road general purpose vodka. It's made there, the whole "brand history" of it being founded in Austin, TX is a pure BS marketing scheme. It's made there. Most of the similar tier of spirits in the mid-west are made at this huge place too.
I see that Fuzzy’s is made there now, since 2019, too. Was being produced in Oregon prior to that.

Of course his story is different in that he was coming “home” to do so.

Jeez. This is like finding out no Easter Bunny but for drunken adults.

Jeez. This is like finding out no Easter Bunny but for drunken adults.
Sorry, but I read about that place once upon a time somewhere and put two and two together, and yes, there are tons of these "still to table" fictional brands that unobjectively aren't the cheap stuff, just OK, but I think it's mostly all the same sauce, different labels, maybe they store it separately and it takes on different subtle aging qualities from its location in the factory prior to bottling :)

Same with whiskey. There's a huge distillery in Lawrenceburg that makes whiskey for a lot of middle-tier brands including Templeton, George Dickel, Bulleit, High West, others.

You're telling me that most consumer products are really just a variation of marketing gimmicks?

Damn

You're telling me that most consumer products are really just a variation of marketing gimmicks?

Damn
Yeah, then they get you again by re-branding the same stuff again just pennies less for like those Costco and Trader Joe's places I read about but don't exist near our cow town, and have every idiot raving about how it tastes just like Tito's but cheaper, retail is as retail does

Yeah, then they get you again by re-branding the same stuff again just pennies less for like those Costco and Trader Joe's places I read about but don't exist near our cow town, and have every idiot raving about how it tastes just like Tito's but cheaper, retail is as retail does
Not sure about Tito’s, but that red bottle vodka at Costco is for sure Goose. So you’re probably on to something.

Reactions: 76-1
Not sure about Tito’s, but that red bottle vodka at Costco is for sure Goose. So you’re probably on to something.

Yeah it is. The French vodka or whatever they call it? It's made at the same place as Goose

Grey Goose was a giant marketing ploy from the beginning, anyway. French vodka? LMAO

Yeah it is. The French vodka or whatever they call it? It's made at the same place as Goose

Grey Goose was a giant marketing ploy from the beginning, anyway. French vodka? LMAO
Agreed, just get some Stoli's and put on Lara's Theme, at least we don't know that it's not real, a known unknown

One would have to be drinking a lot of Vodka to still be watching this train wreck. 2nd half of PSU was pretty much it for me. Barely watched since. Not at all the last couple games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT