ADVERTISEMENT

Vodka!

Bucket Getter

Senior
Apr 9, 2023
Man, if I just woke up from a 20 year coma, I'd swear I was better off asleep. We actually have a new vodka brand as an NIL partner. What's next, weed? Don't get me wrong. I like both, but damn, it seems like we are going down an awfully slippery slope.

Man, if I just woke up from a 20 year coma, I'd swear I was better off asleep. We actually have a new vodka brand as an NIL partner. What's next, weed? Don't get me wrong. I like both, but damn, it seems like we are going down an awfully slippery slope.
I see it now, Starlight Distillery (looked it up).

Reactions: Bucket Getter
We sell beer at the games now, I don't think NIL sponsorship from a brewer or distiller is going to be a problem.
Maybe. Maybe not. Legal drinking age in this state is still 21, right? With Woody’s love affair of one-year wonders, none of them are of age. I’ve even seen programs in place at various college campuses cautioning students about the dangers of drinking. This seems bassackwards to me. But then again, it’s the new IU.

Reactions: ulrey
Maybe. Maybe not. Legal drinking age in this state is still 21, right? With Woody’s love affair of one-year wonders, none of them are of age. I’ve even seen programs in place at various college campuses cautioning students about the dangers of drinking. This seems bassackwards to me. But then again, it’s the new IU.
I’m well aware this is a basketball forum but the football program says, “hi”.

• Wow
Well I suppose if the NIL partnership includes sending cases of vodka to the players there might be an issue.

X and Trey could do their commercials. I guess it's more that these companies can 'hint' that they are connected to IU athletics so maybe more people would drink it as opposed to having a handful of players be able to advertise for them. Tho I assume IU athletics dept can have nothing to do with this and don't think they can use logo etc in their advertising.

There has been a Hoosier connect beer out for months. 😑 big freaking deal.

Reactions: hickorytree1
I think it is great! Pass out shots during the game. It may be the only way to cope…

Let's do bourbon next. And maybe cigars. Ask Woodson help with the selections.
That’s actually a great idea! You know damned well he and his crew know good bourbons and cigars. Hell, that $1M raise probably buys the good stuff by the case.

They could even play commercials on the big screens at time outs. Just random photos of the boys all kicked back and enjoying life after another 20 point trouncing.

That’s actually a great idea! You know damned well he and his crew know good bourbons and cigars. Hell, that $1M raise probably buys the good stuff by the case.

They could even play commercials on the big screens at time outs. Just random photos of the boys all kicked back and enjoying life after another 20 point trouncing.
it’s the reverse of the usual wisdom-Not close but a cigar.

The next step is to become NASCAR 2 and put NIL partners logos on the Uniform.

The next step is to become NASCAR 2 and put NIL partners logos on the Uniform.
I’ve said this all along. And I’d love to see exactly how much loot each player gets. Maybe a QR code you could scan and it would list individual NIL sponsors and total $$ from each. That way we could decide who is earning their money. 😂

I'm a big fan of Fuzzy Vodka... it's my preferred vodka of choice. On a side note, his family gives a healthy amount to Indiana University.
Have tried the Costco brand? I swear it’s Goose, although they claim otherwise. And yes, the Huber family has a long history with IU which I’m sure helped “grease the skids” on this arrangement.

Honestly a lot of colleges are doing this. Iowa st is doing it for sure. Purdue has Boiler gold beer. Other schools have beer as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT