ADVERTISEMENT

Update . . .

IU a trap game?
Oh, it is IU they are playing that weekend, who knew :).

For the first time in a long time we have a coach that will not go into that game expecting to lose, just hoping to keep it close. Of course if I were betting straight up, I would take tO$U. But if he believes, I'll play the part. We can win that game.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
UCLA will keep DeShaun there another year. I doubt Florida - the expections are sky high and he's got a good thing going at IU. Anything 8 wins or above here and he's a god. Dolson will match, or come damn close, to any other offers.

If anything, I'd be more worried about the NFL. Carolina desperately needs a coach.

Yep, coaching in the NFL releases a coach of a major headache...RECRUITING.

Harbaugh could explain it better than I can :).

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
Yep, coaching in the NFL releases a coach of a major headache...RECRUITING.

Harbaugh could explain it better than I can :).
With the portal, traditional recruiting is changing. Now the Georgias will recruit Sophs from good but not great programs instead of recruiting high school kids. Sure, they'll still go for the really elite high school kids, but the bulk of the roster will come from the best sophs/jrs at an IU, who will be then taking the best kids at a Miami of Ohio. Now, will that be better or worse than dealing with trying to recruit 20 freshmen?

With the portal, traditional recruiting is changing. Now the Georgias will recruit Sophs from good but not great programs instead of recruiting high school kids. Sure, they'll still go for the really elite high school kids, but the bulk of the roster will come from the best sophs/jrs at an IU, who will be then taking the best kids at a Miami of Ohio. Now, will that be better or worse than dealing with trying to recruit 20 freshmen?
My undergrad is now taking nil tips at concessions in the stadium. It’s all too much

Reactions: larsIU
I think Cig will do very well in the portal, because he's looking for a particular type of player and has shown the ability to bring out the best in him.

I look at an Aiden Fisher. Undersized, but football smart and a tremendous motor. Like our own Micah McFadden, except I think Fisher is smaller. And if you listen to the interviews of these players, they are serious guys who are there to work. I'm not saying we didn't get good players before, but I don't think their head was in the game like these guys are.

I think Cig and Deboer have a lot in common - they're football guys who aren't into being 'players coaches'. They're no-nonsense guys who are there to win.

It's taken us a long time to find a coach like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT