ADVERTISEMENT

Uh-oh...Americans starting to feel better about the economy!

May allow for rate cuts sooner? Other than inflation on certain items, things aren't awful. You can find a job if you want one. Retirement and other accounts up big. I realize most of us are above the average American from a financial standpoint, but where I live in Central Illinois restaurants are packed as is the regional airport parking lot.

I don’t disagree. But the optimism is lacking.

www.sca.isr.umich.edu/files/chicsr.pdf

That’s a real problem.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Anecdotal, but several spots I frequent in Hamilton county have been dead the past several weeks. I know a lot of people vacation around here in June and July, but I was still surprised.
Downtown Carmel was hopping this weekend. Coud have just been the holiday.

@BradStevens 3UP was alive. Don't tell @mcmurtry66 b/c it was milf/cougar town though. The younger squaws don't have the money to be there on their own.

HIs loss.

My 1 year rate of return on my main IRA account is 26.4%!
Air travel beaks all-time records with each US holiday.
The US dollar is at an all-time high vs. every currency.
Thanks Joe!

My 1 year rate of return on my main IRA account is 26.4%!

Now do it from when diaper Joe took office.

The US dollar is at an all-time high vs. every currency.

That's factually inaccurate. I thought you were a scientist and cared about facts?

FYwgeNE.png

+20.58% in the past 3 years, per Fidelity web site.

At face value, sure, that's not too bad you think. Now adjust it for inflation of 15.9% over that same period.

Not so great, is it? Unless you like 1-2% real returns per annum off of equity assets (HINT: you don't).

• Love
Reactions: DANC
I had Texas Roadhouse a few weeks ago. Salted the fck out of it 🤣🤣 but I liked it dammit!!! What’s more I got the entire meal out in the bathroom as we were waiting for the check. Felt great by the time we walked out
My daughter just went there last night with her friends for one of their birthdays. I started chuckling when she told me, thinking about a group of girls who live 8 miles from downtown Chicago who love hitting all the same chains that exist in any suburb in the country.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I had Texas Roadhouse a few weeks ago. Salted the fck out of it 🤣🤣 but I liked it dammit!!! What’s more I got the entire meal out in the bathroom as we were waiting for the check. Felt great by the time we walked out
Texas Roadhouse is solid for the price. Most of the high end Steakhouses have gotten ridiculous on price.

In this order:

1. Make my own steak from a butcher
2. The Roadhouse
3. High end steakhouse

Plus, the women at TR are more my speed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT