ADVERTISEMENT

Uh-oh...Americans starting to feel better about the economy!

Could be Mcm's worst nightmare. Liberal rag The Wall Street Journal reports the largest gain in consumer sentiment in thirty years.

Is "Four more years!" what we'll be hearing next?
Lol. the best thing biden and the progressives can do is continue to be blocked from doing anything. that's the best hope for all of us really. things will improve in spite of biden not because of biden TM Left to his own devices biden ruins anything he gets near

"Despite the recent sentiment gains, the measure is still about 20% lower than before the pandemic took hold in 2020 and nearer to levels consistent with an economy just emerging from a downturn—not one that recorded surprisingly strong growth last year."

Get on board hoos libs and pubs on here are backing Haley. I don’t like her but we are doing it as an act of protest and solidarity

Lol. the best thing biden and the progressives can do is continue to be blocked from doing anything. that's the best hope for all of us really. things will improve in spite of biden not because of biden TM Left to his own devices biden ruins anything he gets near

"Despite the recent sentiment gains, the measure is still about 20% lower than before the pandemic took hold in 2020 and nearer to levels consistent with an economy just emerging from a downturn—not one that recorded surprisingly strong growth last year."

Get on board hoos libs and pubs on here are backing Haley. I don’t like her but we are doing it as an act of protest and solidarity
Totally get that the improving consumer sentiment bums you out. All those strong economic indicators, too?

If I were you, I'd get off that loser Trump and back Haley, too. Just have to wonder how having a Never Trumper for a coach will impact morale on the "Dream Team". 🤣

Totally get that the improving consumer sentiment bums you out. All those strong economic indicators, too?

If I were you, I'd get off that loser Trump and back Haley, too. Just have to wonder how having a Never Trumper for a coach will impact morale on the "Dream Team". 🤣
what bums me out are people who have a short memory :) :) did you forget biden's first year in office? :) :) :) the impact of his "transformative presidency?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. did you forget last month he had the lowest approval rating of any modern president. do you think that was a coincidence or people might just understand how things work a little better than you ;). as long as he is prevented from doing anything he wants things will improve and next year he will be voted out and we can try to return to:

it's worthwhile to have context :)

*Cult

But... but... but.... all the illegals! And the price of eggs! Low flow showerheads!
And the poor people that have to flush 10-15 times?

Also, the stock market doing well is only a good economic indicator when a republican is in the White House.

And as soon as I find a goddamn parking spot, I’m marching straight into this store to tell everyone how much the economy sucks and how they’re all broke.

And the poor people that have to flush 10-15 times?

Also, the stock market doing well is only a good economic indicator when a republican is in the White House.

And as soon as I find a goddamn parking spot, I’m marching straight into this store to tell everyone how much the economy sucks and how they’re all broke.

progressives defund police attack cops crime spikes
progressives free cheese inflation rises
progressives institute draconian covid measures housing costs spike
biden attacks oil gas spikes

from kids being deprived of in-school learning to the cost of soda to safety in our neighborhoods to trannies flashing at the white house there is nothing the dems have gotten right the past three years. even there s.ct. picks are worthless. can't define a woman. come on. only cult members believe otherwise. time for biden and the crew to go. imagine an 85 yr old biden. swap him out. evil on his part to run

Last edited:
What are your metrics for "bounce back in a big way"?

Beats me. I can guarantee soaring stock prices won't be enough.

Gas prices.

Otherwise, as long as jobs stay strong, all that's needed is time for people to realize that things are doing okay. People get pissed quicker than they get satisfied.

McM has become a Never-Bidener to the point that he'd rather the economy deteriorate than get good and give Biden a boost.

I'll admit I can relate. I might have felt the same way in 2020, but Covid took care of it for me.

Gas prices.

Otherwise, as long as jobs stay strong, all that's needed is time for people to realize that things are doing okay. People get pissed quicker than they get satisfied.
Disagree. I think it’s much more than that. Housing, cars, food, gas, meds, health insurance…. The totality of it all is hammering people. And I don’t think the fix will come fast enough. I think it’ll be a few years as long as gov doesn’t artificially impact same. Just let everything settle down like it has been and things will get better.

Reactions: DANC
McM has become a Never-Bidener to the point that he'd rather the economy deteriorate than get good and give Biden a boost.

I'll admit I can relate. I might have felt the same way in 2020, but Covid took care of it for me.
It’s not just the economy. It was Covid insanity woke insanity free cheese crime on and on. But yes I am a never Biden/progressive. I’m almost any area you name he doesn’t know what he’s doing. It’s almost inconceivable. I’ll happily take a moderate Dem

Disagree. I think it’s much more than that. Housing, cars, food, gas, meds, health insurance…. The totality of it all is hammering people. And I don’t think the fix will come fast enough. I think it’ll be a few years as long as gov doesn’t artificially impact same. Just let everything settle down like it has been and things will get better.

Housing isn't going to get better. The demographic situation (millennials larger population than boomers) vs housing supply means there will be very tight market for a long time.

I think food and other things will stabilize but housing is a real fundamental problem

Housing isn't going to get better. The demographic situation (millennials larger population than boomers) vs housing supply means there will be very tight market for a long time.

I think food and other things will stabilize but housing is a real fundamental problem
Agreed on all fronts. There has to be a remedy for supply. Reduce regs. Incentives. I don’t know

Allowing small lots and eliminating most setback requirements would help.
construction/design shows after soccer are at the top of my list for background tv while i work. i've watched a lot of shows on tiny houses and that's a complaint that's often raised. there's no where to put them where they are allowed

Man populist Republicans really did a number on you. We’re usually the ones explaining how a soaring stock market benefits everybody.
Just using their own arguments against Trump against them.

What people aren't realizing about gas prices is that normally they go down during the winter months. That didn't happen or only marginally happened Biden's first two years. But the summer months have all been sky high. So count on that to happen once again this year.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu and DANC
He has done a lot of damage
I get that you feel that way, but you and @TheOriginalHappyGoat are both pretty squishy in identifying what economic progress would look like to you.

I wonder if that's because a lot of what has already happened qualifies for the kind of economic indicators that people traditionally would have looked for to quantify economic progress. The thing that has lagged is the mood of the electorate in how they feel about the economy...which is the origin of this thread.

Which is what I'm wondering...if you don't feel like the economy is doing well, what are the economic indicators that would give you those feelz?

what bums me out are people who have a short memory :) :) did you forget biden's first year in office? :) :) :) the impact of his "transformative presidency?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. did you forget last month he had the lowest approval rating of any modern president. do you think that was a coincidence or people might just understand how things work a little better than you ;). as long as he is prevented from doing anything he wants things will improve and next year he will be voted out and we can try to return to:

it's worthwhile to have context :)
Look at the key phrase in what you quote from liberal rag The Wall Street Journal. I've bolded and underlined it for you. Even The Wall Street Journal admits that we've had strong growth. That's a good thing.

I love how angry you get about people starting to see the economy positively, then argue how they are wrong, and then argue how people understand how things work a little better than me. They must be lapping you. ;)

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Allowing small lots and eliminating most setback requirements would help.
I wonder if eliminating setback requirements would just result in more overgrown McMansions on smaller lots. Might want to pair that with a house to lot ratio that tries to address that issue.

Reactions: UncleMark
Look at the key phrase in what you quote from liberal rag The Wall Street Journal. I've bolded and underlined it for you. Even The Wall Street Journal admits that we've had strong growth. That's a good thing.

I love how angry you get about people starting to see the economy positively, then argue how they are wrong, and then argue how people understand how things work a little better than me. They must be lapping you. ;)
If economy get worse, then it is all Biden's fault

If economy gets better, then it is in spite of Biden.

It is about politics. Not facts

Reactions: IU73
I get that you feel that way, but you and @TheOriginalHappyGoat are both pretty squishy in identifying what economic progress would look like to you.

I wonder if that's because a lot of what has already happened qualifies for the kind of economic indicators that people traditionally would have looked for to quantify economic progress. The thing that has lagged is the mood of the electorate in how they feel about the economy...which is the origin of this thread.

Which is what I'm wondering...if you don't feel like the economy is doing well, what are the economic indicators that would give you those feelz?
The biggies which you must be aware of are

Interest rates, inflation and the markets

Interest rates have damaged the housing markets badly helping to create the inventory shortages and driving an entire generation into leases that have broad ripples including lack of connectivity to communities which decays the community itself. Run down suburban communities and negative impact on schools etc. These crap Horton (among others) homes are being thrown up on every corner. Blackstone alone will build 22,000 in 2024. I want to see mortgage interest rates at no more than 4%.

Inflation has hit the average household hard. And while the left wants to point to inflation slowing...ok...but the damage is already done. Consumer durables and non-durables alike are high. People like to point at eggs as an easy example. OK...eggs were $1.69 and on sale for $.99 three years ago. They went way up then dropped back to what...$2.69 today. (not talking about the beach or NYC pricing) You can spread that across the grocery store and don't get me started on restaurants up 20% with expected 20% tip on food that is widely bad. Cars...Jeebus sticker pricing is up 10% and now we have to pay full sticker plus a bunch of ridiculously priced dealer adders. Slowing inflation is not enough, we need to see some prices fall back a bit.

The NYSE is flat over two years even after the "surge" the left is bragging about. OK...some recovery, but we lost two years of growth so we are down 10%.

Materials pricing?? Ouch.

Oh, and the mass layoffs we are seeing right now...that ain't good Joe.

Job Creation is a manufactured out of context number that all administration love to rest on.

Are all of these completely on Joe? Of course not, but you asked me what I look for in an improving economy. These are a few of them.

I think Goat was focusing on the mood of voters, so I'm not sure why it's relevant what data points would satisfy him that the nation is making economic progress?

What the proxy for voter satisfaction is with the economy is something I have no idea about. The pundits usually mish mash them together to justify the conclusion they want--which is typically based on polling data?

But for me personally, I'm just pissed fried chicken is so mother****ing expensive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT