ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Power Transends Just The Executive Branch, Like No Other Prez Of Our Time.

i'vegotwinners

Hall of Famer
Dec 1, 2006
how Trump has eclipsed the power of other presidents of our lifetime.

1), hijacked the Dept Of Justice to serve him personally, and not the citizenry as intended of the office.

when Sessions refused to allow Trump to command him to serve Trump personally, regardless of what that entailed, rather than the nation as a whole and it's laws, Trump made it quite clear that he would use the power of his office to remove any Atty General who didn't serve Trump, and only Trump, first and foremost.

he then publicly made it quite clear that the number one mandatory prerequisite of whomever replaced Sessions in that office is there to serve the interests of Trump personally, and to use the extremely considerable power of the atty general's office to that end first and foremost.

to not vow to do so as a non negotiable condition of appointment, or not follow up on that vow once in that office, would instantly disqualify anyone from said office, and they would be replaced by someone who would.

2) his own personal media empire,

while all prezes have no doubt had media and journalists that were favorable to them much of the time, no president of our time has had his own personal mainstream media empire that is dedicated to being his own personal media propaganda machine, to anywhere near the extent that Trump has with Fox News and News Corp.

Fox News was expressly conceived to be a propaganda machine for the GOP, and Murdoch/News Corp received in return concessions from Gingrich at the time, and Pubs in general since, for doing so.

Fox/News Corp does not serve the GOP or conservatives for ideological reasons of it's ownership, as Rupert Murdoch was an extreme liberal ideologically, but rather serves the GOP for purely business reasons.

this was essentially a quid pro quo between Rupert Murdoch, (a foreigner and one time avowed liberal) and the GOP, whereas Murdoch/News Corp would provide the GOP with their own personal media machine empire, in exchange for significantly relaxing media ownership restrictions, regs, and caps, and other concessions favorable to News Corp. (News Corp now goes under various other monikers as well, but Fox News, The Post, Wall St Journal, Fox Radio which is programmed by Fox News, are still controlled by the Murdoch family, and also have considerable media holdings worldwide).

3), and most importantly, control of all senate and congressional members of his party, as no other prez of our time has. (meaning Trump now controls not just the executive branch, but the senate as well, and every GOP vote in the house).

this is due to the cult like following he has that no other prez of our time has commanded, who are loyal to him individually over party or even issues.

this effectively gives him proxy to a controlling voting position of literally almost every GOP national congressional or senate primary race in the country, thus effectively giving him proxy to every GOP vote in the senate or house, on anything which is of personal interest to him..

even if a GOP senator or congressperson wanted to vote against Trump on anything, they know doing so is tantamount to resigning their seat at the end of their term, and loss of position within the party until such time.

no other president has had anywhere remotely close to this effectively absolute power over every same party senator's or congressperson's political career, thus their vote on everything, and this dynamic that gives Trump political life and death power over every GOP senator or congressperson, basically nullifies much of the checks and balances that the founders tried to build into the system.

Trump now controls the executive branch, the Dept of Justice, the senate, every GOP house vote, and the nation's number one political media outlet and empire.

and i don't mean has considerably influence.. i mean controls.

1), hijacked the Dept Of Justice to serve him personally, and not the citizenry as intended of the office.

when Sessions refused to allow Trump to command him to serve Trump personally, regardless of what that entailed, rather than the nation as a whole and it's laws, Trump made it quite clear that he would use the power of his office to remove any Atty General who didn't serve Trump, and only Trump, first and foremost.

he then publicly made it quite clear that the number one mandatory prerequisite of whomever replaced Sessions in that office is there to serve the interests of Trump personally, and to use the extremely considerable power of the atty general's office to that end first and foremost.

to not vow to do so as a non negotiable condition of appointment, or not follow up on that vow once in that office, would instantly disqualify anyone from said office, and they would be replaced by someone who would.

while all prezes have no doubt had media and journalists that were favorable to them much of the time, no president of our time has had his own personal mainstream media empire that is dedicated to being his own personal media propaganda machine, to anywhere near the extent that Trump has with Fox News and News Corp.

Fox News was expressly conceived to be a propaganda machine for the GOP, and Murdoch/News Corp received in return concessions from Gingrich at the time, and Pubs in general since, for doing so.

Fox/News Corp does not serve the GOP or conservatives for ideological reasons of it's ownership, as Rupert Murdoch was an extreme liberal ideologically, but rather serves the GOP for purely business reasons.

this was essentially a quid pro quo between Rupert Murdoch, (a foreigner and one time avowed liberal) and the GOP, whereas Murdoch/News Corp would provide the GOP with their own personal media machine empire, in exchange for significantly relaxing media ownership restrictions, regs, and caps, and other concessions favorable to News Corp. (News Corp now goes under various other monikers as well, but Fox News, The Post, Wall St Journal, Fox Radio which is programmed by Fox News, are still controlled by the Murdoch family, and also have considerable media holdings worldwide).

3), and most importantly, control of all senate and congressional members of his party, as no other prez of our time has. (meaning Trump now controls not just the executive branch, but the senate as well, and every GOP vote in the house).

this is due to the cult like following he has that no other prez of our time has commanded, who are loyal to him individually over party or even issues.

this effectively gives him proxy to a controlling voting position of literally almost every GOP national congressional or senate primary race in the country, thus effectively giving him proxy to every GOP vote in the senate or house, on anything which is of personal interest to him..

even if a GOP senator or congressperson wanted to vote against Trump on anything, they know doing so is tantamount to resigning their seat at the end of their term, and loss of position within the party until such time.

no other president has had anywhere remotely close to this effectively absolute power over every same party senator's or congressperson's political career, thus their vote on everything, and this dynamic that gives Trump political life and death power over every GOP senator or congressperson, basically nullifies much of the checks and balances that the founders tried to build into the system.

Trump now controls the executive branch, the Dept of Justice, the senate, every GOP house vote, and the nation's number one political media outlet and empire.

And don't forget the money men who actively back him due to the run up in the stock market and lessening of their tax burdens.

I’m assuming you are referring to Fox News? Are you saying Fox News is now the most powerful news organization in America? I’m going to assume that is what you mean. I’d ask how this has become? I say that is not a reflection of Trump or anything he did. Quite the contrary. If and that is a big if, it is true that they are the most powerful news organization, it is because the American people have made it so. I mean the other “News” organizations have done considerable damage to themselves and the American people have had a front row seat to it.....

I have been off the forum since the unveiling of the Mueller Report and the total failure of the main stream media. See, you had only one network saying what it was.... the American people were paying attention. I’d also argue that the American people have been watching the media for some time before Trump was in office. I.E. the lack of solid questioning of the Obama admin for one. People knew then....

it is interesting reading the posts today and remembering what it was like back then. Things have changed on the board a bit.

edit: I will say that the media has completely exposed itself as a biased, defunct shell of itself. I was listening to Mark Levin on my way home last night and I’m gonna buy his book on the media . I don’t think things are that much different in the media than has happened in the past. Levin is also right that people who say Trump has done more damage to the Constitution, media, etc than any other President, hasn’t paid attention to history.

Last edited:
I’m assuming you are referring to Fox News? Are you saying Fox News is now the most powerful news organization in America? I’m going to assume that is what you mean. I’d ask how this has become? I say that is not a reflection of Trump or anything he did. Quite the contrary. If and that is a big if, it is true that they are the most powerful news organization, it is because the American people have made it so. I mean the other “News” organizations have done considerable damage to themselves and the American people have had a front row seat to it.....

I have been off the forum since the unveiling of the Mueller Report and the total failure of the main stream media. See, you had only one network saying what it was.... the American people were paying attention. I’d also argue that the American people have been watching the media for some time before Trump was in office. I.E. the lack of solid questioning of the Obama admin for one. People knew then....

it is interesting reading the posts today and remembering what it was like back then. Things have changed on the board a bit.

edit: I will say that the media has completely exposed itself as a biased, defunct shell of itself. I was listening to Mark Levin on my way home last night and I’m gonna buy his book on the media . I don’t think things are that much different in the media than has happened in the past. Levin is also right that people who say Trump has done more damage to the Constitution, media, etc than any other President, hasn’t paid attention to history.

i said #1 media outlet, which it is, and which it has has been since long before Trump came along.

why is it #1.

the liberal side is divided between 2 nets, CNN and MSNBC, while Fox has all the conservative audience to itself.

together CNN and MSNBC have about the same total audience as Fox.

Fox News may sometimes have more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined, but the difference would be relatively insignificant.

i personally watch all 3, as should you.

all 3 are really bad and absurdly biased, but they are what we got.

what makes them all really bad, is what they deliberately leave out that's pertinent to the whole discussion.

just remember, these are for profit businesses, not pure journalistic endeavors.

also remember all 3 use their platform to promote a very very pro Wall St pro investor class narrative on everything economic based, as all 3 are owned by huge corporations with other properties than just these channels..

when you listen to Levin, like when listening to anyone, you need to ask yourself if what he says sounds right.

i may agree with a lot of things Levin says, but then he'll say something that i know is false, or very misleading at best.

one should be skeptical whenever listening to anyone trying to influence you, conservative or liberal.

and just because one thing they say is true, doesn't mean everything they are feeding you is.

one of the tricks to propaganda on either side, is to mix in the false with the true.

that way they say this and this and this, all which you know are true, thus when they also say "that", which you didn't have prior knowledge of, you assume it must be true also, since them messenger was truthful on the things you did know about.

i said #1 media outlet, which it is, and which it has has been since long before Trump came along.

why is it #1.

the liberal side is divided between 2 nets, CNN and MSNBC, while Fox has all the conservative audience to itself.

together CNN and MSNBC have about the same total audience as Fox.

Fox News may sometimes have more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined, but the difference would be relatively insignificant.

i personally watch all 3, as should you.

all 3 are really bad and absurdly biased, but they are what we got.

what makes them all really bad, is what they deliberately leave out that's pertinent to the whole discussion.

just remember, these are for profit businesses, not pure journalistic endeavors.

also remember all 3 use their platform to promote a very very pro Wall St pro investor class narrative on everything economic based, as all 3 are owned by huge corporations with other properties than just these channels..

when you listen to Levin, like when listening to anyone, you need to ask yourself if what he says sounds right.

i may agree with a lot of things Levin says, but then he'll say something that i know is false, or very misleading at best.

one should be skeptical whenever listening to anyone trying to influence you, conservative or liberal.

and just because one thing they say is true, doesn't mean everything they are feeding you is.

one of the tricks to propaganda on either side, is to mix in the false with the true.

that way they say this and this and this, all which you know are true, thus when they also say "that", which you didn't have prior knowledge of, you assume it must be true also, since them messenger was truthful on the things you did know about.

I agree with you. All three have issues. With that said, I turned the news off several years ago. I don’t watch any television news. I did tune into one day of the Schiff show this week. I had it on in my office. I still read my news mostly from various sources. I still think Fox provides a more balanced news cast. That is an opinion and likely reflects my political leaning. They are an island in an ocean of left leaning programming. The fact so many want to silence them and even radio is concerning and a reflection of what they would do if enough time was provided in power.

I’m not a Levin listener either. He was on as I was driving quite late last night through Kentucky. I do listen to Rush when I can.

I agree with you. All three have issues. With that said, I turned the news off several years ago. I don’t watch any television news. I did tune into one day of the Schiff show this week. I had it on in my office. I still read my news mostly from various sources. I still think Fox provides a more balanced news cast. That is an opinion and likely reflects my political leaning. They are an island in an ocean of left leaning programming. The fact so many want to silence them and even radio is concerning and a reflection of what they would do if enough time was provided in power.

I’m not a Levin listener either. He was on as I was driving quite late last night through Kentucky. I do listen to Rush when I can.

"They are an island in an ocean of left leaning programming".

again, please question if what you hear on Fox or conservative radio sounds correct.

there are only three islands of significance, and Fox is twice as big as the other two.

they also dominate political talk radio.

Fox "IS" the mainstream media, as much as everybody else put together.

they are Goliath, so don't buy into whole left wing media distortion being peddled by the mega right wing media.

like i said, question if what you are being told over and over sounds right.

you knew that Fox was twice as big as the social left outlets CNN and MSNBC, yet you ignored what you knew to be true, to buy in to what you wanted to believe that you were being told, even though you knew it not to be true.

and again, CNN and MSNBC are only left leaning on social issues.

they are right wing on everything economic based, due to their corporate ownership's financial interest.

you won't ever hear either channel promoting MFA, more progressive taxation, doing away with unfair carried interest benefits, opposing the bank bailout, tax policies that discourage offshoring, higher minimum wage, or elimination of money's influence, as they are among the biggest ones buying influence.

they are only liberal on social issues.

they will fight the economic progressives like Bernie and Liz as hard as Fox will.

MW-HW735_trump_ZH_20191211100010.jpg

again, please question if what you hear on Fox or conservative radio sounds correct.

there are only three islands of significance, and Fox is twice as big as the other two.

they are Goliath, so don't buy into whole left wing media distortion being peddled by the mega right wing media.

you knew that Fox was twice as big as the social left outlets CNN and MSNBC, yet you ignored what you knew to be true, to buy in to what you wanted to believe that you were being told, even though you knew it not to be true.

they are right wing on everything economic based, due to their corporate ownership's financial interest.

you won't ever hear either channel promoting MFA, more progressive taxation, doing away with unfair carried interest benefits, opposing the bank bailout, tax policies that discourage offshoring, higher minimum wage, or elimination of money's influence, as they are among the biggest ones buying influence.

they will fight the economic progressives like Bernie and Liz as hard as Fox will.

What planet do you live on?

Hannity, the leader on FNC gets about 3.5 million viewers. The nets are north of 21 million.

60 Minutes gets over 10 million.

Hannity pulls just a little more than 3 million The View pulls.

screen-shot-2019-09-24-at-3.42.59-pm.png

You are ignoring the Goliath of network news ABC, CBS, NBC. I’m speaking to the viewership. So yes they are an island.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT