ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Chief Economic Advisor

Gary Cohn says coal ain't coming back and that natural gas and renewables are more than enough to power America. There continues to be evidence the only people who disagree really know that Cohn is right but for political gain argue the opposite.

Coal industry employees less people than Arby's.

Sucks for W Va, and Kentucky, but beyond that it's time to move on. Natural gas is plentiful as well, and much cleaner.

Sucks for W Va, and Kentucky, but beyond that it's time to move on.
The politics of those two states have much much greater weight and import than they should, by a long shot. You've go McConnell leading the Senate, and Manchin a Democrat in a bright red state.

Trump reminds me of some 80s or 90s Captain Planet villain. Just so ridiculously anti environment that it's almost comical.

These animals have no conscious. It was only earlier today that Trump claimed he would decide next week? Turns out his decision was already sealed. Callous. He spit in the face of all other G7 members.
As long as he does not spit on Putin's face, I am OK and we are OK.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So the minority disrespects the majority?
I don't have a lot of respect for the crazies who are so fiercely and blindly loyal to him, no. Especially when they are the ones getting screwed over the most, typically.

Also, our electoral system is what it is, but the majority of Americans did not vote for Trump.

I don't have a lot of respect for the crazies who are so fiercely and blindly loyal to him, no. Especially when they are the ones getting screwed over the most, typically.

Also, our electoral system is what it is, but the majority of Americans did not vote for Trump.

Our system is prone to minority rule and two of the last five presidential elections have shown that.

Not so fast. The Canadians and some US companies have carbon sequestration coal plants in operation now. Others are being planned or under construction in Europe and China. The technology is available. The tough issue, and expense, is what to do with the carbon.
Well, the CCS coal plants have their own problems, mostly involving the fact that they aren't economical, but they aren't zero-emissions at any rate, because CO2 makes up such a small part of coal's total byproducts. If you read the article I'll posted, the developers' work in coal is discussed in some detail.

Well, the CCS coal plants have their own problems, mostly involving the fact that they aren't economical, but they aren't zero-emissions at any rate, because CO2 makes up such a small part of coal's total byproducts. If you read the article I'll posted, the developers' work in coal is discussed in some detail.
A friend of mine works for a company that builds/rebuilds power plants (coal, gas, biomass and hydro). He was the project manager on the initla planning phase of sequestration coal plant. According to him the power required to capture the C02 made the plant non-competitive, especially with eastern coal. From what he tells me no one wants the coal east of the Mississippi because it doesn't burn clean.

More swamp draining:

Yay!

191805.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT