ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Williams

BigNutsIUFan

Junior
Mar 10, 2005
Is he projected anywhere in the draft. I was worried about losing yogi or Jbj but Troy is having a beast of a year. I know his shooting is lacking some.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think he is still a little too raw for the jump to the NBA. If he stays he could improve his jump shot and really improve his draft position.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

No. Draft Express puts him at the 25th pick in the 2016 draft.

nothing in the 15 draft.

This post was edited on 1/14 8:30 PM by IU Meathead

ball handling, defense, decision making, passing, shooting? He's a

great athlete, but that isn't special in the NBA without skills. He's got the tools, but he's got to show he can use them.

Well put.

Your observations are exactly on point. If he is projected as a high draft choice this year, that would speak volumes about how sorry the NBA draft has become.

If he keeps up this level of play then yes.

The NBA absolutely loves athe tic freaks and potential abone all else,. His play might be saving Creams job right mow.

This post was edited on 1/14 8:57 PM by toastedbread

He could have the highest

If all he did was dunk and those little finger rolls. His shooting is killing him. DWS

To me his trajectory...

is on pace to be higher than Victor's as long as he spends every working day this upcoming offseason shooting. Victor had other attribute's I like more than TW though....defense/toughness.

Either way. If TW continues to develop we will see him leaving to NBA in 2016 with degree in hand and 1st round draft status. Quite a common theme for our staff.

Bout time people started talking about this

Troy will get drafted if he decides to go pro. I really hope he is smart enough to stay one more year and have a chance to do what Vic did.

No doubt he will go late 1st round late second tho. If you are a GM all you question is can this guy develop a shot? Easy decision on a second rd pick. This guy can be an all star if he can shoot, have already seen the rapid improvement in decision making and ball handling. Troy was so bad last year with the ball, now he is running the freaking point!!!

Troy will be an AllStar in the NBA in 2019-2020, mark it!

If Troy was 7'0" or so, his athleticism alone would make him attractive to the NBA'ers, but not necessarily so at 6'7". The problem is he may have come to school primarily to enter the draft before graduating. If so, he'll make it at some level with overseas as an option.

One has to wonder if Crean telegraphed Troy's thinking when he recruited two 6'7" forwards for next year. Another thing to keep in mind is Zeisloft is in much the same situation as was Matt Roth in that he already has a degree, will undoubtedly have an advanced degree by the end of this school year, and have no big reason to attend summer school or another year at IU. Crean may well know that situation much better than the public at this point.

Having said all of that, we may well have more room for an additional big for next year as it appears we have a couple who won't see a lot of pt for some time. It all depends on their personal goals in regards to playing time.

TWs ball handling and perimeter shooting is no where near NBA yet.

At 6'7" he has to develop a perimeter shot if he wants to be considered draft material.

If he puts in the effort and improves his shooting and ball handling he may have a good chance of being drafted in the summer of 16.

He is loads better

at ball handling then he was last year. That shows scouts he will continue to get better. His athleticicm is far better than almost all NBA players. You have Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, guys like Vic etc. There really aren't that many, when you start looking at rosters. Troy is a freak, and NBA scouts drool over that. All he has left to prove is the shot. We will be lucky if we have him next year, and will give anyone 3-1 odds he is not here after the 15-16 season.

Link 1 NBA draft article or NBA scout site that shows him going this year.

I can find you multiple ones showing him not in the draft and showing what he needs to work on if he wants NBA teams to look at him.

I am getting so good, I can tell when a thread has been resurrected from Kurt just by the title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT