ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Patterson

Nice to see you runninritchie.
f75kajfwdpzxvpxs647r.gif

Link?

Is Billy still coming?

I thought Lander was a lock for Louisville?

For someone who thinks they know so much you go out of your way to prove just how big a dumba$$ you are.

and we are all still waiting for that big news about aa new player landing in Btown he promised a couple of weeks ago.

Link?

Is Billy still coming?

I thought Lander was a lock for Louisville?

For someone who thinks they know so much you go out of your way to prove just how big a dumba$$ you are.
You want me to go back to posts from 2011 when you were one of the Crean cult leaders? Saying he was better than Calipari and would be the next RMK? No need to...we all remember.

So incredibly dumb.
No, THIS is dumb. Idiotic, really.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

If I had done any such thing, you'd post it. But we both know you won't . . . because you can't.

r4N5UZY12-IhiO3saSqxC2pxIEQU2INCSGleu0yn8O4THIs-otVimd4ZNJ-rRb3I8PoF
Posts aren’t even stored that long. I remember exactly what you said though. You thought Crean was the best coach in America.

Fpeaugh...
I stand by Lander being one of the most overrated 25 th ranked player I've ever seen.
By Christmas the board will be full of he was ranked what ?
Lander is not overrated. Not too many players, even the guys in the top 30, are able to adjust to college ball right away. If lander can average 7 ppg and have a 2:1 TO ratio or something similar, he’ll have had a very good year. People think 5*s are supposed to come in and score 20 ppg. That’s extremely rare, even for the #1 ranked guys. Lander is not overrated, but people having too high expectations is going to be what make people think he’s a bust.

Also, I have no idea what’s going on in this thread cause I’ve ignored many people. Can someone fill me in please?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Posts aren’t even stored that long. I remember exactly what you said though. You thought Crean was the best coach in America.
LOL . . . you remember that, but no one else does.

Posts are archived back to January 2015, however. Here - I'll even provide you a link to my posts. Let's see where I said "Crean was the best coach in America".

This ought to be good . . . :rolleyes:

Lander is not overrated. Not too many players, even the guys in the top 30, are able to adjust to college ball right away. If lander can average 7 ppg and have a 2:1 TO ratio or something similar, he’ll have had a very good year. People think 5*s are supposed to come in and score 20 ppg. That’s extremely rare, even for the #1 ranked guys. Lander is not overrated, but people having too high expectations is going to be what make people think he’s a bust.

Also, I have no idea what’s going on in this thread cause I’ve ignored many people. Can someone fill me in please?

feepaw claimed people were crazy for wanting Mohammad, Kaufman and a shooter instead of Patterson who is about to go to Nova. Whiz'n wars started. Just same reruns you have probably seen before.

At least I haven't seen the I Dream of Jeannie or Barney Miller reruns I've been watching. I've forgotten the material over the past quarter century or so the material seems new again.

LOL . . . you remember that, but no one else does.

Posts are archived back to January 2015, however. Here - I'll even provide you a link to my posts. Let's see where I said "Crean was the best coach in America".

This ought to be good . . . :rolleyes:
This would have been 2010-2013 range. Most on this board were in diapers then but for those who were around we remember. You were just certain that Crean would win multiple championships and Calipari never would.

I said big roster news with a current player. The day it was told to the team. Catch up.

No, you said "big news, player coming soon"

When will that be?

If you didn't brag about having inside information, everyone wouldn't laugh at you when you are continually wrong.

This is on you.

Reactions: Cutter1973
No, you said "big news, player coming soon"

When will that be?

If you didn't brag about having inside information, everyone wouldn't laugh at you when you are continually wrong.

This is on you.

To be fair in this case, the thread was entitled "Big Roster News Coming"

When someone mentioned that that could mean news about anyone from player to coach to manager to assistants, etc the reply was

"Player.....coming soon"

I interpreted that as the news was about a player and the info would be coming out soon, not that a player was committing soon. In that case the reply would have read "player coming soon" see the difference?

These petty arguments actually sound like a bunch of JH girls at the lunch table!! I would bet just about everyone who has been here for any length of time has been right about several things and wrong about several things!!!

Reactions: mathboy
This would have been 2010-2013 range. Most on this board were in diapers then but for those who were around we remember. You were just certain that Crean would win multiple championships and Calipari never would.
Kiddo, you can do better than that. Because if that’s the best you can do, then you’re a pretty pathetic Troll.

Without looking it up, I'd guess that around half of the top 25 recruits from last year scored close to 15 ppg or more. Lander's expectations should be low because he should only be a high school senior and he's a point guard. Still, I think he will come right in and contribute because he won't be asked to do too much. I'd take an efficient and well rounded 8 ppg.

I would bet just about everyone who has been here for any length of time has been right about several things and wrong about several things!!!

Perhaps, but when one spends a lot of time seeking attention by bragging about having inside information while having never demonstrated this ability accurately...he ends up getting negative attention.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Without looking it up, I'd guess that around half of the top 25 recruits from last year scored close to 15 ppg or more. Lander's expectations should be low because he should only be a high school senior and he's a point guard. Still, I think he will come right in and contribute because he won't be asked to do too much. I'd take an efficient and well rounded 8 ppg.

Just went thru the top 30 in the 247 composite, which gives me 28 players with RJ Hampton and Ball neither playing in college. Here is the break down with their rankings adjusted for the 2 that did not play in college

Over 15 a game
James Wiseman (#1), Anthony Edwards (#2), Isiah Stewart (#3), Cole Anthony (#4) Vernon Carey (#5), Precious Achiuwa (#14), and Onyeka Okongwu (#23)

Between 10 and 15 a game
Jaden MacDaniels (#7), Nicco Mannion (#8), Tyresse Maxey (#9), Josh Green (#12), Jeremiah Robinson Earl (#15), Trendon Watford (#17), and TJD (#28)

There were 9 that averaged between 5 and 10 and 5 that averaged under 5.

The median was right around 10 a game, and if you look outside of the top 5, there were only 2 in the 6-28 range that averaged over 15 a game and the average was right at 9 a game.

Reactions: minneman

We must have a lot of the same people on ignore because there's not much meat on the bone in this discussion on my screen either. Unlike you, though - I'm confident that I'm not missing anything worth a minute of my time - probably just the same several idiots rehashing their agendas.

Kauffman is squarely in that 40-80 range. Patterson is ranked higher, and should be viewed as such right now.

No one knows if either will have an impact at their respective colleges, that’s in line with their rankings.

My educated guess is Kauffman would have a “5 star like” impact at IU. Because he’s really good, and his talent says he’s close to 5 star. But also, he fills what will likely be a huge need with his size and versatility. And his commitment would continue our successes recruiting top Indiana kids. His value, to IU, is higher than his current ranking.

It shouldn’t be all that difficult to understand.
I have also watched Kaufman play. He is VERY good. I fully expect him to be best in the class after 1 or 2 years at IU.

Just went thru the top 30 in the 247 composite, which gives me 28 players with RJ Hampton and Ball neither playing in college. Here is the break down with their rankings adjusted for the 2 that did not play in college

Over 15 a game
James Wiseman (#1), Anthony Edwards (#2), Isiah Stewart (#3), Cole Anthony (#4) Vernon Carey (#5), Precious Achiuwa (#14), and Onyeka Okongwu (#23)

Between 10 and 15 a game
Jaden MacDaniels (#7), Nicco Mannion (#8), Tyresse Maxey (#9), Josh Green (#12), Jeremiah Robinson Earl (#15), Trendon Watford (#17), and TJD (#28)

There were 9 that averaged between 5 and 10 and 5 that averaged under 5.

The median was right around 10 a game, and if you look outside of the top 5, there were only 2 in the 6-28 range that averaged over 15 a game and the average was right at 9 a game.

Important to note that Wiseman only played in 3 games (2 against inferior opponents). Of the 7 who averaged 15 or more, 5 played on bad/non-tournament teams and were all their teams best players. Personally I think Lander for the season averages between 8-9 for the year but will be a key player down the stretch once he gets his feet underneath him.

Important to note that Wiseman only played in 3 games (2 against inferior opponents). Of the 7 who averaged 15 or more, 5 played on bad/non-tournament teams and were all their teams best players. Personally I think Lander for the season averages between 8-9 for the year but will be a key player down the stretch once he gets his feet underneath him.

True with Wiseman, but he did it shooting 77% and in 23 mins a game, I think it is safe to assume he stays over 15 a game if he plays all year. Now, with that, I do not think Achiuwa keeps his over 15 a game (was at 15.8 for the year) if Wiseman plays a full season as he was at about 10 a game in the 3 they played together

True with Wiseman, but he did it shooting 77% and in 23 mins a game, I think it is safe to assume he stays over 15 a game if he plays all year. Now, with that, I do not think Achiuwa keeps his over 15 a game (was at 15.8 for the year) if Wiseman plays a full season as he was at about 10 a game in the 3 they played together

Agree, just pointing it out. Those who think Lander is going to have a Wiseman-like impact are setting themselves up for failure.

I think Ashton Hagans is a good benchmark for Lander. Ashton, like Lander, reclassified early and averaged about 8 pts and 4.5 assists per game. Did average 2.5 TOs and only shot 27% from 3 as negatives but I don't see Lander being as ball dominant as Hagans with Phinisee on the roster and think he's a little bit better shooter.

Agree, just pointing it out. Those who think Lander is going to have a Wiseman-like impact are setting themselves up for failure.

I think Ashton Hagans is a good benchmark for Lander. Ashton, like Lander, reclassified early and averaged about 8 pts and 4.5 assists per game. Did average 2.5 TOs and only shot 27% from 3 as negatives but I don't see Lander being as ball dominant as Hagans with Phinisee on the roster and think he's a little bit better shooter.
Spot on

To add further, Hagans as a sophomore averaged 12 ppg/4 rebs/6.5 Asst/2 steals and was an All-SEC defensive member. Shooting never took off but again was never a real strength of his to begin with. Both similar size players although I would consider Hagans to be a bit more athletic while Lander has better scoring skills.

Reactions: minneman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT