ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Kaufman

Highly doubt it - Woodson and his staff are getting serious interest from players, well, around the world. And I think IU can attract top players in areas of need in the portal who can help immediately. A redshirt player from Purdue is likely not of interest.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Neither Woodson or any other assistant coach can reach out to any player not in the portal.

“Transferring college athletes also must meet progress-toward-degree requirements and be otherwise academically eligible to compete immediately after transfer, and both the head coach at the new school and the student-athlete must certify that no tampering took place. Schools cannot object to schools to which a student-athlete wants to transfer. The waiver process will continue to be available for students who do not meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception or who wish to transfer more than once. “

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2021/4/15/di-council-adopts-new-transfer-legislation.aspx

Do you think Woodson will reach out to him this off-season?
An old roommate of mine knows a guy with a buy here pay here lot in Charlestown. He has confirmed back channel conversations have happened. I just found out having dinner at mustards before the purdue game. It's tight lipped right now, so you won't hear anything else until after the season.

An old roommate of mine knows a guy with a buy here pay here lot in Charlestown. He has confirmed back channel conversations have happened. I just found out having dinner at mustards before the purdue game. It's tight lipped right now, so you won't hear anything else until after the season.
I heard it while eating breakfast at Bruce’s cafe.

Well, crap, if he hasn't confirmed this with the guy that hangs out at the car wash on 3rd Street, I'm not buying it.

People forget -- this guy is directly comparable to Ivan Renko, but Ivan Renko was a real talent, once in a generation (or, at least, once in a certain coach's press conference).

I heard it while eating breakfast at Bruce’s cafe.
I was hanging out at Yogi's playing trivia and someone said Kaufman and Keion Brooks is a package deal after this season. The guy said he saw Woodson at Macree's deli recently and Mike let it slip.

I was hanging out at Yogi's playing trivia and someone said Kaufman and Keion Brooks is a package deal after this season. The guy said he saw Woodson at Macree's deli recently and Mike let it slip.
Is that the new place next to Duffs? We thought about going after putt-putt.

This makes no sense...because Yogi's actually exists again :cool:

All joking aside...

While I know we were hard after him during the recruitment process...now that we've seen that he can't crack the lineup at Purdue, why would we clamor for him?

And he isn't likely sitting just because of Edey and Williams. They need other long/wing defenders and rebounders to compete for a title. They're playing guys like Gillis, Furst, Morton, and Newman alongside their ball handlers and those bigs. Kaufman not sniffing the court behind a guy like Morton should be a serious red flag for our staff.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
All joking aside...

While I know we were hard after him during the recruitment process...now that we've seen that he can't crack the lineup at Purdue, why would we clamor for him?

And he isn't likely sitting just because of Edey and Williams. They need other long/wing defenders and rebounders to compete for a title. They're playing guys like Gillis, Furst, Morton, and Newman alongside their ball handlers and those bigs. Kaufman not sniffing the court behind a guy like Morton should be a serious red flag for our staff.
It’s really silly. That’s why this thread took a silly turn.,

It’s really silly. That’s why this thread took a silly turn.,
I guess yeah. I'll have to admit, my immediate thought was "yeah! I'd take him." But that was purely based off how badly we wanted him during the recruitment cycle.

Morton/Newman playing and him not is a red flag. But I will say, Bates, Lander, and Leal sure aren't seeing much time. And I doubt that guys like Stewart and Kopp, who are, strike much fear in our opponents hearts. And I think/hope all 3 of those guys end up being very good players at IU.

I guess yeah. I'll have to admit, my immediate thought was "yeah! I'd take him." But that was purely based off how badly we wanted him during the recruitment cycle.

Morton/Newman playing and him not is a red flag. But I will say, Bates, Lander, and Leal sure aren't seeing much time. And I doubt that guys like Stewart and Kopp, who are, strike much fear in our opponents hearts. And I think/hope all 3 of those guys end up being very good players at IU.
He's redshirting. Was decided before the season started.

One thing about Stewart and Kopp is they get lots of attention. There’s a reason they don’t get many open looks. They would get more if our bigs could shoot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT