ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Galloway

ciggar_man

Benchwarmer
Dec 23, 2009
Trey listed at 6'3" but he look more like 6'5" man he is real player great get for the HOOSIERS! can you say Hondo Havlicek like play for Boston Celtics years ago.lol no way hes a 3 star more like 4 to 5 star he impressed me for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sassy61
Trey listed at 6'3" but he look more like 6'5" man he is real player great get for the HOOSIERS! can you say Hondo Havlicek like play for Boston Celtics years ago.lol no way hes a 3 star more like 4 to 5 star he impressed me for sure!
Just needs to improve free throw percentage

If we could just get his dad to coach the team then we’d have something
I remember you saying Trey wasn't that good.. Let me tell ya he is gonna be real good. Mentally tough he will win road games. You might wanna remember why his dad left Carmel before you name him coach..

I do think he's a very good recruit and will be a great ROLE player, same with the other 2 we have coming, it's solid but we need a star. It's like celebrating the recruitment of Kyle Horsnby and Luke Jiminez

I do think he's a very good recruit and will be a great ROLE player, same with the other 2 we have coming, it's solid but we need a star. It's like celebrating the recruitment of Kyle Horsnby and Luke Jiminez
He's not at all like Kyle or Luke. Neither of those players were considered to be high level prospects like Galloway, who has been ranked as high as 66. Luke was a walk-on. Neither played much, or at all, until they were upper classmen. Galloway has the potential to get a meaningful minutes his Freshman year though it isn't a guarantee. We'll have to see.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
I highly recommend you watch the second half of this game if you have time. I definitely see him contributing right away next year. CA plays good defense for the most part, Trey just attacked all night.

I think the thing that impressed me the most about Treys performance came at the 1:56:00 mark of the game. He completely takes over a time out and coaches up the entire team. Those things will go a long way for an IU squad that needs consistent leadership for the next 4 years.

I remember you saying Trey wasn't that good.. Let me tell ya he is gonna be real good. Mentally tough he will win road games. You might wanna remember why his dad left Carmel before you name him coach..

Why did his dad leave Carmel?

He's not at all like Kyle or Luke. Neither of those players were considered to be high level prospects like Galloway, who has been ranked as high as 66. Luke was a walk-on. Neither played much, or at all, until they were upper classmen. Galloway has the potential to get a meaningful minutes his Freshman year though it isn't a guarantee. We'll have to see.

I do agree he looks to be the best of what we have coming, but you have to gauge that against the inferior level of competition he's playing against. Maybe, hopefully, he's a Larry Bird type and it doesn't matter.

I do agree he looks to be the best of what we have coming, but you have to gauge that against the inferior level of competition he's playing against. Maybe, hopefully, he's a Larry Bird type and it doesn't matter.
Leal and Geronimo are ranked higher. I think Miller will add one more player to the class as well.

Saw him air ball a 3 under pressure perfect for Archie’s offense
He also air balled a free throw. His free throw shooting leaves a lot to be desired.

I do think his upside outweighs his glaring weaknesses. I just hope he doesn't regress under Archie which seems to happen every so often with decent incoming recruits (Anderson, Forrester)

Reactions: IUgradman
He also air balled a free throw. His free throw shooting leaves a lot to be desired.

I do think his upside outweighs his glaring weaknesses. I just hope he doesn't regress under Archie which seems to happen every so often with decent incoming recruits (Anderson, Forrester)
The most i like about him he know how to play the game the right way, he a slasher and handle the rock and plays great defense also i think he be able to play G or SF
I'm aware of that, but Galloway looks like the better of them, just eye test[/QUOT

He doesn’t shoot well, he will need to develop a shot to contribute next year.
Apparently neither does Leal from reports of people that actually go to their games and don't (like me) just watch their highlight videos. If these guys aren't = to improved shooting, then what are they? They're certainly not big time athletes, that is ominous if we've basically recruited two non athletes from a development standpoint that can't already shoot.

Has to get an outside shot. Bullying his way to the basket will be much harder at the next level.
Have seen a little of both Galloway and Leal, and they seem like good players. Not sure how either will transition to the current college game, but IU would be in great shape with both if they got 10 solid minutes a game from them (and Geronimo, too) as freshmen. I’m not sure either will be in a position to make those types of contributions next year.

I’m not panicking on Miller’s recruiting but, other than TJD, I don’t see him in a position to bring in anyone who can make a significant early impact. In other words, there are no difference makers, just kids who have the potential to get better over time if they develop. Nothing wrong with that, but it strongly suggests that the program will move forward at an incremental and relatively slow pace, if it moves forward at all. I think Miller gets five years to make it at IU, and I think he’ll likely need every day of it to find success, if he even can do that.

I highly recommend you watch the second half of this game if you have time. I definitely see him contributing right away next year. CA plays good defense for the most part, Trey just attacked all night.

I think the thing that impressed me the most about Treys performance came at the 1:56:00 mark of the game. He completely takes over a time out and coaches up the entire team. Those things will go a long way for an IU squad that needs consistent leadership for the next 4 years.

I watched it live. Trey took over the game in the second half. He's gotta clean up his free throws though. But I like him a lot.

I watched it live. Trey took over the game in the second half. He's gotta clean up his free throws though. But I like him a lot.
Yeah, but its hard to tell what your watching with him … is it me hanging on an 8' rim after a Shaq dunk against 10 year olds, or can he actually play at this level.

Galloway hurt his wrist the he had previously broken and was out for three weeks and hasn't been right since.

Galloway hurt his wrist the he had previously broken and was out for three weeks and hasn't been right since.

That sounds about right as far as who we recruit, DD, Hunter, Phinisee, Race are all walking concussions, health problems. Romeo had wrist/hand issues too, of course we need somebody to fill that injury role

Reactions: Radio Zero
Yeah, but its hard to tell what your watching with him … is it me hanging on an 8' rim after a Shaq dunk against 10 year olds, or can he actually play at this level.
My opinion was that Attucks appeared to be pretty athletic. Yet Trey was almost unstoppable. Now we are talking about the High School level. But It seemed to me that he was very good.

Has to get an outside shot. Bullying his way to the basket will be much harder at the next level.
Hey why so much negative from yous people it call slashing not bullying by the way bullying your way to the basketball that the BIG 10 way. lol Little, big or tall Trey took them all to the hole!

The bus incident involving Laskowski’s kid, remember?

Also, he wasn’t even a very good coach. Underachieved at Carmel.

The coaching part I can understand, but he gets a bad rap being the fall guy for those senior boys' lunacy.

Here’s the bottom line Galloway isn’t nearly the player Damon Bailey was if Damon Bailey were coming to IU next year what would your expectations b?? That might help u keep things in perspective

Reactions: Radio Zero

Hornsby was a Top 100 recruit. He played 25 minutes per game (4th most) on the team that played for the title. Horny hit 10 of 17 three pointers vs Kent St., Oklahoma and Maryland. He had 16 points and 7 assists in the Elite Eight game. Dude is a bit underappreciated imo, but was 100% baller!

Nothing wrong with celebrating a recruit like Kyle Hornsby

Here’s the bottom line Galloway isn’t nearly the player Damon Bailey was if Damon Bailey were coming to IU next year what would your expectations b?? That might help u keep things in perspective
Actually Galloway is bigger and longer than Damon. Not as good of a shooter, but a better defender, rebounder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT