ADVERTISEMENT

Tremont Waters

And hopefully they don't let you get tickets then because you jumped ship when things went bad.
I didn't jump ship when things went bad. I kept my tickets for several years under Crean when the teams were terrible. I jumped ship after the administration continued to enable the underachieving. I gave Crean a chance. We're now in year NINE. I'm not going to blindly support a program that no longer wants to be elite. It was a personal choice.

Being a single parent of two I can't afford them but I never miss a game on tv. I also go to some games when they play in Indy but you don't have to go to games to be a big fan. I have seen season ticket holders a Colts games that couldn't tell you anything about the sport. Just because you have season tickets does not make you a better fan.

I just think if you had season tickets and gave them up just because of the coach I would not let you have the tickets back when or if they changed the coach. If I were in charge I would think I would want loyal fans being season ticket holders and not fair weather fans. It is like being a Cubs fans for years I would not like seeing all of these bandwagon fans jumping on board the last couple of years just because they are winning.
If Michigan fans were like you they'd still have Brady Hoke. Instead they boycotted games and forced a change. Now they're top 5 in the country. Blindly supporting a program financially is just dumb IMO. And it enables mediocrity.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
I would think people in the athletic department want to see people who is loyal to the program and not people who gives up on the program when things goes bad.
IMO the athletic department has a responsibility to put out a good product for their supporters. It's not a one way street. The IU administration has failed to do that recently.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
I didn't jump ship when things went bad. I kept my tickets for several years under Crean when the teams were terrible. I jumped ship after the administration continued to enable the underachieving. I gave Crean a chance. We're now in year NINE. I'm not going to blindly support a program that no longer wants to be elite. It was a personal choice.
Again you should never again get season tickets. I can see giving up tickets for financial reasons or moving away but to just give the away because you are unhappy is not acceptable. There are plenty of people who would love to have your tickets and IU don't need you.

Also I think you probably will be waiting awhile because I don't think Crean will be going anywhere anytime soon. I think what your expectations are is different than what Glass's is. I think as long as he keeps competing for a conference championships and going to at least the sweet 16 he will not be going anywhere. Fans might not like this but I just don't see Glass doing anything as long as Crean is doing what he did last year.

Also I do commend you on giving up your tickets and actually doing something about you unhappiness with the program. I do respect that you did more than just complain on a message board.

Last edited:
He won't be doing what he did last season for long if Bryant, JBJ, and OG leave as expected and the 2017 class turns out to be a bust. I'm sure you'll still continue to support him though no matter what.

Again you should never again get season tickets. I can see giving up tickets for financial reasons or moving away but to just give the away because you are unhappy is not acceptable. There are plenty of people who would love to have your tickets and IU don't need you.

Also I think you probably will be waiting awhile because I don't think Crean will be going anywhere anytime soon. I think what your expectations are is different than what Glass's is. I think as long as he keeps competing for a conference championships and going to at least the sweet 16 he will not be going anywhere. Fans might not like this but I just don't see Glass doing anything as long as Crean is doing what he did last year.

Also I do commend you on giving up your tickets and actually doing something about you unhappiness with the program. I do respect that you did more than just complain on a message board.
Well I put my money where my mouth is. It's not as if I live right down the road and it's easy to get to games. I have to drive to Bloomington and work my schedule around games. It's not worth it FOR ME to do this while Crean is the coach. For others it obviously is. But it's not for me, which is why I made the decision. I will get them back under the next coach.

And believe me on this, Glass is not going to corner himself with another TC contract. It's not a matter of if, it's when. That time is getting very close. Trust me on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT