ADVERTISEMENT

Travel Calls on the Endangered List

Your first post, bitch, that begins “Technically, by the rules …”, which is about what the dispute over your position on the no-call began, and in which post you claimed to have said it *was* a travel - which you did not do. You said it was the *correct* call, in fact.

GFY.
I said by the rules it was the correct call, but I thought the rule was dumb, implying that I disagree. Sorry I had the exact wording. Seems pretty easy to see my stance on that rule in the first post, yet you think I support that rule.

There is a difference between me saying it's the correct call by rhe rules and it's a good call. I'm not defending the rule.

Maybe try pissing up a rope?
Be nice to Gilligan. It is his mission from The Great and Creepy Pete to come here and defend any and all things done by or for his Boilies no matter how much of a pretzel he needs to twist himself into.

He is a loyal First Mate.

• Love
Reactions: Uncle Courtsense
Be nice to Gilligan. It is his mission from The Great and Creepy Pete to come here and defend any and all things done by or for his Boilies no matter how much of a pretzel he needs to twist himself into.

He is a loyal First Mate.
I've agreed that it's a travel Richard. Not really defending Purdue here. Just stating why it wasn't potentially called a travel, even though I thought it should have been called.

Keep making stuff up though. First ya say the east has 5 better football teams than Wisconsin, then ya tell me I'm defending the travel no call after saying it was a travel multiple times. Maybe yall should learn to read vs look at my username?

Edit: this is really funny actually. This board: how's this not a travel? Me: I don't agree with the rule or the call. Thought it should have been a travel. The board: how can you defende that call and say it wasn't a travel? Me: I never have said I agree.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07
I've agreed that it's a travel Richard. Not really defending Purdue here. Just stating why it wasn't potentially called a travel, even though I thought it should have been called.

Keep making stuff up though. First ya say the east has 5 better football teams than Wisconsin, then ya tell me I'm defending the travel no call after saying it was a travel multiple times. Maybe yall should learn to read vs look at my username?

Edit: this is really funny actually. This board: how's this not a travel? Me: I don't agree with the rule or the call. Thought it should have been a travel. The board: how can you defende that call and say it wasn't a travel? Me: I never have said I agree.
OK Mr Salty.

Not sure even you can untwist from this one.

Oh, and a new gbi stalker opens an account just for me, Actually only my first this week. Welcome @Uncle Courtsense ...just 22 min old.

It was a great no call on a point of emphasis this year. It rewards elite athleticism. Some don’t like it, but those people probably also drive ‘73 Olds 98s

Reactions: BoilerN
It was a great no call on a point of emphasis this year. It rewards elite athleticism. Some don’t like it, but those people probably also drive ‘73 Olds 98s
Asinine contention/rationalization. Was nothing "elite" or "athletic about it" - anyone who drives a '73 (or even a '53) Olds could make the same move.

Not only traveling.... but what is getting in my crawl is the stupid moving screens!!!!!!

There is no Pick and Roll and more..... it's move move move roll.

Watching MSU vs Michigan right now.... and it's all over the place!!!!

Old school was... you set a pick and both feet cannot move until your your team mate
gets past you.

Nowadays..... it's set... shuffle.... set.... shuffle... set.... shuffle. I'm tired of it.

Penn St. had tons of moving screens against IU. Refs are unfit today. They have to go to replays every 3 minutes or so. I don't know if they train at an academy or what but it's a failure if so.

Everyone would be considered an elite athlete if they were allowed to take 3 steps without dribbling the ball to create space. That’s why the traveling violation was created.

Reactions: Crayfish57
The only trolls are the people calling people names as opposed to participating in the discussion.
lol

I participated as much as was necessary. It was a rather spectacular travel despite what the pu trolls here want to say, and I called it as such. You guys have zero credibility on such topics.

Ok Gilligan?

lol

I participated as much as was necessary. It was a rather spectacular travel despite what the pu trolls here want to say, and I called it as such. You guys have zero credibility on such topics.

Ok Gilligan?
Still won't acknowledge that I've said I think it was a travel from the start huh? Just like you won't tell me the 5 teams in the East better than Wisconsin.

This was earlier today..... Purdue vs Michigan.

This is what Ivey gets away with all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder he gets highlight clips..... when you can palm and carry the ball like this.....
anyone will get hightlight clips!!!!

On the cross over.... he literally carry the ball to his right side before a dribble.

He took three steps.... before releasing the ball to dribble

No wonder he gets highlight clips..... when you can palm and carry the ball like this.....

On the cross over.... he literally carry the ball to his right side before a dribble.

That is rather egregious, damn puts Iverson and Jordan to shame. There's no way you're getting away with that forever, somebody's going to call it. Same thing with Trey Young's consistent arm bar offensive foul, I hate that too

Reactions: DANC

Definitely 3 steps. I would think opposing teams would send these videos to the Big Ten office.

That is rather egregious, damn puts Iverson and Jordan to shame. There's no way you're getting away with that forever, somebody's going to call it. Same thing with Trey Young's consistent arm bar offensive foul, I hate that too
Purdue and Illinois both will be bounced early from the tournament by getting fouls called on them that aren't called in the Big Ten.

Watching the Purdue/Rutgers game. Ivey continues his old tricks of carrying the ball and traveling.

When he goes Pro...... are the Harlem Globetrotters a team that can draft a Player????

He would fit right into their antics.

Reactions: DANC
Watching the Purdue/Rutgers game. Ivey continues his old tricks of carrying the ball and traveling.

When he goes Pro...... are the Harlem Globetrotters a team that can draft a Player????

He would fit right into their antics.
Inefficient chucker.

The one I saw was a sick dunk though. He will be fine in the NBA.
Agreed Court. All his moves are NBA moves (which I hate NBA.. btw) and are perfectly legal in that realm.

I'll be glad to see him and many others move on to the NBA..... but sadly them moving on to the NBA won't stop this type of play in the NCAA.... but I wish it would. :(:(:(

PS: I understand what you were saying about his sick dunk. I didn't mean my comment above to contradict your statement. I just wanted to add my opinion about the NBA.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT