ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Offers/Visits

Mitchell Tinsley WR from WKy now in portal. But there are a lot of receivers in portal right now so hopefully we can pick up some quality guys.
Wonder if he is headed to TTU. Their receivers were better than what we had.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Wonder if he is headed to TTU. Their receivers were better than what we had.

Certainly a possible destination. The TTU 247 beat reporter is where I first saw it so they must have some interest.

Any idea what the issue is that caused so many WR to transfer out? I ask because I have to wonder how long Heard may be around with the WRs lack of production.
I really think we will not see an overall better evaluation of these things until we have a new OC. We obviously need more speed. Holt-Bennett was open by 5 yards vs. Rutgers and Tuttle over threw him. Miles Marshall didn't get separation. Hewitt played soft. Swinton has some upside. We need more speed and speed on the field.

Any idea what the issue is that caused so many WR to transfer out? I ask because I have to wonder how long Heard may be around with the WRs lack of production.

I don't know but personally, it is a bit concerning. He recruited all those kids and they all decided to leave at once.

I don't put all the lost production on Heard though. The qb play this horrible. Heard wasn't out dropping passes. He didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach receivers. I think the season spiraled down hill and it went quick.

Hopefully, we'll see some news on QB or WR soon. Would really like to hear that Cam Jones is coming back or would need the Maryland or UCLA LBs to commit.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Jaylin Lucas has backed out of his Tulane commitment, we are looking good here, DMac has been to see him a couple times in the last week
Davion Ervin-Poindexter has put his name into the NCAA transfer portal.

Guess DEP and Childers think their exposure here will lead to full time opportunities, since we are bringing in guys that would step in front of them? Leaves the two Freshman and Spegal as returning RBs.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet

Transfer WR from Akron. Not sure how much of a player we will be here as it seems as if Mumpfield has been getting hit with a slew of P5 offers of late. He recently visited Louisville and expressed interest in visiting Pitt and Vandy as well.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
Davion Ervin-Poindexter has put his name into the NCAA transfer portal.

Guess DEP and Childers think their exposure here will lead to full time opportunities, since we are bringing in guys that would step in front of them? Leaves the two Freshman and Spegal as returning RBs.
What about David Ellis. I think he is returning.

Reactions: red hornet
No we just need a new OL coach that can coach better that does a better job than Hiller. I hope news comes soon after AFCA convention about Hiller leaving and a new OL coach coming in with good OLs.
Wouldn’t hold your breath on Hiller being replaced, not saying it couldn’t happen, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
On the plus side there is some chatter about UT TE commit Brody Foley and IU, apparently, UT has decided not to take a TE in this cycle.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT