ADVERTISEMENT

TJD on Campus Today

Little both...IU has to blow the family away to land him. IU has never been the favorite so it seems IU is a fall back plan type deal
I'm hearing the opposite. That said, it's going to be a battle to land him. But at least I've heard we're in the best shape since Louisville got dropped.

Little both...IU has to blow the family away to land him. IU has never been the favorite so it seems IU is a fall back plan type deal

The experts over on 247 have IU as the favorite to land Romeo. The chatter shifts back and forth. First Louisville and Duke were the favorites, then Doyel said Kansas was a lock to land him, now UNC could be in the lead. Who the hell knows.

Well the opposite is we lead and will land him lol
Lol. I guess so. What I've been told is that there really isn't a leader, per se, but IU is in a really good spot since Louisville got dropped. But, important to note how strong UNC and KU are as well. Haven't heard a thing about them leading or likely to land Langford. Always heard it's about levels. KU, IU and UNC are all the top three. Garland is Vandy and IU.

Reactions: IUgradman
Shhhhh! Can't use facts in your argument! These guys all play the same position like the 300 wings Crean brought in. You can't try to differentiate....and we don't already have a very good 4 yearish PG or any SGs/combos who are underclassmen! Plus, we will for sure land ever big guy we are recruiting! We need the CTC plan back, where we have no backup options behind the one true big we are recruiting....

Why are they not actually centers? They are 6’8-6’10 and will definatley be able to guard a 5.
Guards in 2019...
Phinnissee Soph,
green Sr,
Cujo sr,
Durham Soph
Smith jr

Plus..Garland possibly and whoever the guards are we add in 19

I know you dont like how Archie is building this roster but I love it. I hated the small ball CTC ran.

Reactions: bsmitty08
How many teams really have a true 5 that is worth a crap?

That's why I keep laughing at the "experts" who keep making excuses for all these forwards with, "But, but, but.....he can guard the 5."

If the "game has changed so much where there really isn't a 5 anymore", why do we need so many guys that can guard it?

Also, the apologists keep whining "This is how the game has changed" yet Golden State is using Small Ball to destroy everyone else and even call it the "death line-up."

That's why I keep laughing at the "experts" who keep making excuses for all these forwards with, "But, but, but.....he can guard the 5."

If the "game has changed so much where there really isn't a 5 anymore", why do we need so many guys that can guard it?

Also, the apologists keep whining "This is how the game has changed" yet Golden State is using Small Ball to destroy everyone else and even call it the "death line-up."
Small in Nba terms but how small are they really?
Durant 6’10
Green 6’7
Pachulia 6’11/ McGee 7’0
Thompson 6’7
Curry 6’3

My question is what is your issue with how he is building his roster? We have multiple guys that can play on the wing and handle the ball. We also now have guys that can defend the rim. If we land Garland and/or Romeo this is a very good roster.

Ask that question of the legion of experts who call them small ball.
like I said see the linep and tell me that is small. The reason they call it small ball is because they play 4 out and one in.

5 is 7'0-typical NBA center
4 6'7---short for most NBA teams
3 6'10---huge 3
2 6'7--big 2 guard
pg 6'3 average size

Using Golden State as an example only weakens your argument. Small ball doesn't mean having small players. It's playing without a true center. Golden State has a very tall team besides the center position. They essentially play a point guard and 4 forwards. Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Andre Iguodala would all have been forwards coming out of high school;)

Using Golden State as an example only weakens your argument. Small ball doesn't mean having small players. It's playing without a true center. Golden State has a very tall team besides the center position. They essentially play a point guard and 4 forwards. Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Andre Iguodala would all have been forwards coming out of high school;)

Well there you are - IU is absolutely screwed.

Some great links explaining in better detail:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14209124/is-small-ball-dominance-golden-state-blip-trend

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...all-ball-revolution-isnt-what-you-think-it-is

Love this from the 2nd link:

"When everyone is a threat from 25 feet away, defenses stretch themselves thin across a huge chunk of territory. It’s hard for five guys to maintain integrity when they are so far from each other; the string eventually breaks, and when it does, Golden State can produce all kinds of looks — drive-and-kick 3s and jaunts to the rim ahead of scrambling defenders. The right combination of speed and shooting can beat size."

Reactions: snarlcakes

Archie and Co have been here 6 months. You're acting like he hasn't landed a big man in 3 classes. Good centers don't just grow on trees where you walk out in the backyard and pick one. Let's give him a couple classes to see what he does. I'm sure he knows the importance of landing good bigs.

He's arguing for the sake of argument. He picks and chooses which posts to reply to so he can continue his need for attention. There have been plenty of posts that explain this well, he's either too stubborn or stupid to admit that he is clueless. Lead a horse to water blah, blah, blah.....just give up.

Nope not all..how so? I just don’t u derstsnd your logic on the issue with recruiting length

I'm just trying to figure out the official stance of the "experts" on here.

When I complain we have too many forwards, I'm called a moron saying they all have different skill sets. Some are shooters, some are slashers some are power guys.

Then I'm told we're copying Golden State when their key to success is "Everyone outside 25 feet is a threat."

I asked how that is possible with our Hoosiers since only a couple of the forwards are shooters and the rest are bangers or slashers.

I'm just trying to figure out the official stance of the "experts" on here.

When I complain we have too many forwards, I'm called a moron saying they all have different skill sets. Some are shooters, some are slashers some are power guys.

Then I'm told we're copying Golden State when their key to success is "Everyone outside 25 feet is a threat."

I asked how that is possible with our Hoosiers since only a couple of the forwards are shooters and the rest are bangers or slashers.
Well you are being a smart a$$. With these forwards we do have those things you list. Variety is a great thing. We have length, we have shooters, we have guys that can defend big men, we have guys to defend the rim and we have guys that can guard smaller quick guards.

. He picks and chooses which posts to reply to so he can continue his need for attention. .

You clowns are never happy.

If I respond to everyone that ask me a question, you cry your eyes out with, "Waaaaaaah, stop flooding the board with your posts. You're just begging for attention. Waaaaaaahhh!!!"

If I don't respond to them all, you cry, "Waaaaaaaah, he's pick and choosing who he responds to....which means he's just trying to get attention. Waaaaaaaahhhh!"

Yawn.

Well you are being a smart a$$. With these forwards we do have those things you list. Variety is a great thing. We have length, we have shooters, we have guys that can defend big men, we have guys to defend the rim and we have guys that can guard smaller quick guards.

Which is fine.....but then you can't say we're trying to be like Golden State when all of their guys are shooters.

You forgot to add, We now finally have a Coach that can coach!

Reactions: IUgradman
Which is fine.....but then you can't say we're trying to be like Golden State when all of their guys are shooters.
I believe you used Golden State not me. All I said is they are not small. Also they are not all shooters..Thompson, Curry, Durant are the shooters.

You clowns are never happy.

If I respond to everyone that ask me a question, you cry your eyes out with, "Waaaaaaah, stop flooding the board with your posts. You're just begging for attention. Waaaaaaahhh!!!"

If I don't respond to them all, you cry, "Waaaaaaaah, he's pick and choosing who he responds to....which means he's just trying to get attention. Waaaaaaaahhhh!"

Yawn.
Let me clarify.

"Outside of 25 feet" refers to guys being a threat beyond the 3pt arc. GS uses their lineup to gain an advantage over other teams by forcing them to extend - which most teams can't do successfully.

Archie is known for the pack line, and IMHO he's recruiting length to be able to extend out defensively. What people are try to tell you is that all of these "bigs" bring various skillsets to the table to achieve that goal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT