ADVERTISEMENT

Thumb Update Good news

Said on gameday they inserted 2 screws on top of the thumb. Maybe screwed his nail back down? If that’s the case his thumb won’t be near as sensitive. I’ve glued mine down before.
You put screws in to heal a fracture. It helps close the gap to calcify the bone faster. He had a hairline fracture but those can be removed in under 10 days or they'll back out themselves.

It's also a great opportunity for Rourke to get a little rest and therapy for that surgically repaired knee..., along with his thumb (and even his throwing arm). I wouldn't go so far as saying this has come at a good time (it hasn't) but if T can get us to the 2nd Bye Week, having Rourke's leg(s) and arm relatively fresh heading into the last two games wouldn't be a bad thing ("if" he can grip the ball by then)...
Why ? Is he having trouble with a knee that was operated on what 10 months ago approximately ?

Reactions: red hornet
We need him. I sure hope he’s ready. Take away the pick 6 and punt return, how does that game end?
Why on earth would we take those plays away? We made big plays. It’s a team sport and they stepped up. I hate the logic of dismissing plays we made to diminish the result. We had a hard fought game that we controlled throughout.

Why on earth would we take those plays away? We made big plays. It’s a team sport and they stepped up. I hate the logic of dismissing plays we made to diminish the result. We had a hard fought game that we controlled throughout.
Because if you don’t have those plays, this offense struggled. That was my point. That’s how much of a drop off we have from Rourke to the next guy.

He's throwing... I wonder if the question is when is the thumb strong enough to take hits and land on the ground.

Because if you don’t have those plays, this offense struggled. That was my point. That’s how much of a drop off we have from Rourke to the next guy.
Having those plays allowed us to pound the ball with our run game. The game changed because of those plays, so we can’t say that the rest of the game would have remained the same without them. If we didn’t have that punt return then we would have another possession and who’s to say that our run game would not have continued to be effective for a score. Plus, we would have run down more clock and they wouldn’t have had time to make a run. There is a whole world of hypotheticals we could play with, but the offense was in less demand because the team elevated to the moment.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Rourke is better than most QBs for sure. He's been extremely high level. We need him to be great. Tayven isn't chopped liver though, we can still be very good and win all the same games.

Cig seemed to take some of it on himself and staff, that Washington had a different defensive gameplan then expected and second half we tossed some of our original plans out the window. And we don't know what our offense would have tried at different scores as already mentioned.

I thought Tayven did a nice job. If he's in for another game I still feel good.

Having those plays allowed us to pound the ball with our run game. The game changed because of those plays, so we can’t say that the rest of the game would have remained the same without them. If we didn’t have that punt return then we would have another possession and who’s to say that our run game would not have continued to be effective for a score. Plus, we would have run down more clock and they wouldn’t have had time to make a run. There is a whole world of hypotheticals we could play with, but the offense was in less demand because the team elevated to the moment.
Yeah Cig said at some point you throw away the gameplan and just evaluate what’s working.

Tayvon is not Rourke. And, that’s to be expected. Age and experience. He doesn’t see the field or progressions like Rourke. He had 124 passing yards. They pressured him exactly like I thought they would and played out like you would think for a guy not getting many reps.

i don't want to be the skeptical guy, but......

1. How is the thumb getting better when the surgery was yesterday?
2. How is it even within the realm of possibility that he might be ready for MSU?

I'm encouraged by the optimistic update, but also not really buying the degree of optimism.
Why play him vs a lackluster MSU?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT