ADVERTISEMENT

This Team Just Isn’t Very Good

I thought Reneau played well and our defense was slightly better. No other improvements. X made a couple prayers too

The talent evaluation and execution by this staff in the portal was horrible. It was on this board all summer. Recruit 5 stars not guys that played hard. Don't bring in a volume scorer. Ran Bates out and didn't improve. Lucky they got Mgbako at last minute. Do we have a basketball GM who evaluates portal players like football? We need one.
Imagine if Mgbako didn’t change his mind last minute to not go to Duke.

IU has terrible guards and a bad bench. They have 3 guys that are decent and Galloway (who is decent and terrible at times).

Calling Mike Woodson, a guy who bleeds cream and crimson, a cancer is f-cking ridiculous. He does more for the university before noon each day than you have your entire life. Chill out with that bullsh-t.

Terrible college coach though? Yes. Does IU need to move on regardless of how the season finishes out? Absolutely.
Exactly why a school should never hire a former player of the school
as a coach because the cost of failure is very high for all concerned.

Reactions: kmathum and GThomas
Exactly why a school should never hire a former player of the school
as a coach because the cost of failure is very high for all concerned.
I'm not sure I'd agree with generalization. Painter is doing a pretty good job at Purdue. There are some glaring reasons why it doesn't appear Woody isn't getting results and when you look at next year, it looks very grim.

I can't see Mack, Ware and maybe/probably even Malik coming back next year. The only thing that might keep them here is the $$. Certainly Gunn and Banks are gone. I would assume we might need 6-8 new faces next year and this year has not been evidence for an ability to build chemistry quickly if at all. We are going to need a ton of portal commits next year.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
I'm not sure I'd agree with generalization. Painter is doing a pretty good job at Purdue. There are some glaring reasons why it doesn't appear Woody isn't getting results and when you look at next year, it looks very grim.

I can't see Mack, Ware and maybe/probably even Malik coming back next year. The only thing that might keep them here is the $$. Certainly Gunn and Banks are gone. I would assume we might need 6-8 new faces next year and this year has not been evidence for an ability to build chemistry quickly if at all. We are going to need a ton of portal commits next year.
There is always an exception to the rule, Painter is the beneficiary
of a 7 foot 4 exception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT