ADVERTISEMENT

This sure sounds good for us

I see some logic in your statement and I think it is easily supportable, which inclines me to believe you are right.
As for me, I would just as soon leave Romeo alone because he's likely a one-and-done and, while I don't disagree with those players, that doesn't mean I would recruit them into my program, if I were a coach. But, I think signing him is a sign to these other players who will make a difference in the future.
If you always passed on players of that caliber and from Indiana, you wouldn't be coach for very long

Reactions: IUgradman
If you always passed on players of that caliber and from Indiana, you wouldn't be coach for very long
You may well be right. But, trust me on this one -- of the list of reasons why I'm not coaching in Indiana, that one is waaaaaaaay down the list.
Competence as a coach might be a bit higher. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: minneman
Or .... he wants to generate click-count by fabricating a controversy or, ahem, "reader interest."
Because you create more clicks if you express one opinion (generating click counts) and then contradict yourself with the opposite opinion (or at least an expression that you possess the opposite opinion) whether you truly believe it or not.

)

Meyer isn't going to sabotage his credibility for a short term spike in traffic.

I see some logic in your statement and I think it is easily supportable, which inclines me to believe you are right.
As for me, I would just as soon leave Romeo alone because he's likely a one-and-done and, while I don't disagree with those players, that doesn't mean I would recruit them into my program, if I were a coach. But, I think signing him is a sign to these other players who will make a difference in the future.
I have said it before but don't be surprised if Romeo isn't a OAD. If he really is enjoying the experience I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay for second year. But even if he is a OAD that opens up another scholly for the next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT