ADVERTISEMENT

This guy asked Romeo where he was going and this is what he did

I am a subscriber on Peegs and there are about 3 other guys that posted on there tonight saying they are hearing Romeo to IU and one of them had someone close to NA staff text them that it was IU. Don’t quote me on that but that is what is being posted tonight.

Actually here is the quoted post word for word

Romeo is coming, I received a text from someone that would know, someone involved with NA hoops, someone that previously told me he was leaning toward Vandy
You can speculate all you want but he will be a Hoosier

Did this person mention when/why they were confident in Romeo's alleged switch from a vandy to an IU lean?

I saw this post last night and thought about it some more because it seemed like a good-natured joke. But I suppose I could be wrong.

Does anyone know who "Wimmie Snelling" is and is that him in the photo?

As discreet as the Langfords have been, it seems unlikely that Romeo would make his announcement by pointing to a sweatshirt. Are we sure there isn't more to this story?

Romeo’s default expression is a poker face. He hardly ever shows emotion on the court or around the media.
However, I saw him look irritated in a press conference several months ago when he was asked a particularly stupid question. His verbal reply was polite though.

He got a text from a friend during New Albany’s game against Carmel.

I guess I worded this wrong. The person that is close with the NA staff, what is exactly is being heard? In other words, is there something Archie is saying or doing that made Romeo change his mind? I'd buy it more if I had a better understanding of when/why Romeo flipped.

I heard from an undisclosed source with close I.U. ties he is coming to I.U.! I would not say that if I did not believe it to be true. Now I seen several interviews and videos of both Romeo, and his dad, and my overall gut feeling is he wants to be close to home for his family to attend the games. I think at one time Louisville was the team, but they kind of eliminated themselves. Since then, I think I.U just keeps helping their cause. I think the last I.U. game he attended said a lot! Even Garland said " It's hard to turn down your home town school", which again kind of confirms I.U.'s relevance. The kid is a class act and I will support his decision regardless. But Vandy does not have the pedigree that I.U. does, and I think Romeo wants to be remembered as one of the players that put I.U. back on the map. I just feel he is putting on the Candy Stripes next fall. He will be remembered as another Indiana legend. I for one am praying he does?

I am not the person that received the text I originally posted. I was just relaying what a different poster on Peegs posted. I cannot answer those questions for anyone because I do not know myself. Only sharing what I read to help spread the optimism.

Reactions: HoosierDave09
I am not the person that received the text I originally posted. I was just relaying what a different poster on Peegs posted. I cannot answer those questions for anyone because I do not know myself. Only sharing what I read to help spread the optimism.

Oh, my bad.

That's unfortunate. Was looking forward to hearing something more than just "I have a source, trust me , he's IU bound". You'd think at least one person would elaborate on what they hear...

Reactions: IUCharlie5
Well if Romeo points to somebody in the state of Indiana at a basketball court what are the chances they are wearing Vandy gear? Maybe he was pointing south and that dude photo bombed the picture.

Way too much reading of the tea leaves here.

The fact that McDonald’s AA game happens to be in SEC Country is just coincidental in my book. I think he would use that event to announce simply because it is the biggest stage with the most eyes, not because it’s closer to Nashville.

If the game was played in Moscow, many here would worry that’s an omen he’s signing on to the Russian national team.

(1) Tinker to (2) Evans to (3) Chance to (4) a person who sent a text to (5) a person who received the text to (6) "a different person on Peegs" who posted something which (7) the OP "relayed" and "shared."

I don't see how it could ever change our optimism, but did I leave out or mess up any part of this communication chain? I hope we got this straightened out!

And, one of you must volunteer to tell Langford what decision he has made. TIA.

He wants to play for a demanding coach. He saw Archie coach at NU game. Bryce Drew is the opposite of a demanding coach.

The poster who said he had a friend close with the NA staff who had texted him saying Romeo was going to IU had previously felt that Romeo was a Vandy lean.I am trying to find out what has changed from then till now...

Reactions: IUgradman
Oh, my bad.

That's unfortunate. Was looking forward to hearing something more than just "I have a source, trust me , he's IU bound". You'd think at least one person would elaborate on what they hear...

Yeah, sorry man. Wish I had more info to relay other than that. I can tell you that on Peegs they do a weekly chat outside of the message board that Jeff Rabjohns relays some really good and behind the scenes stuff that he won’t say on the boards. It’s definitely worth subscribing to. Also there are a few other people on there close to some of the New Albany staff. There is a lot of pro Romeo to IU rumors going around right now and a few people (NOT Rabjohns or Peegs) claim to be close to some of the New Albany staff that has the inside track on this recruitment and they are claiming it is IU. I can’t confirm anything so don’t take this as Romeo to IU is a done deal because it’s far from that. Again just telling you guys what I’ve been hearing on chat and the boards. Then again on all the Vandy boards it is Romeo to Vandy and Garland is 100% confident Romeo is going there so take it all with a grain of salt.

Yeah, sorry man. Wish I had more info to relay other than that. I can tell you that on Peegs they do a weekly chat outside of the message board that Jeff Rabjohns relays some really good and behind the scenes stuff that he won’t say on the boards. It’s definitely worth subscribing to. Also there are a few other people on there close to some of the New Albany staff. There is a lot of pro Romeo to IU rumors going around right now and a few people (NOT Rabjohns or Peegs) claim to be close to some of the New Albany staff that has the inside track on this recruitment and they are claiming it is IU. I can’t confirm anything so don’t take this as Romeo to IU is a done deal because it’s far from that. Again just telling you guys what I’ve been hearing on chat and the boards. Then again on all the Vandy boards it is Romeo to Vandy and Garland is 100% confident Romeo is going there so take it all with a grain of salt.

Much appreciated! Definitely optimistic, especially if people have some relationship to NA staff. I realize that even if people had more to elaborate on, out of respect for Romeo, they wouldn't say anything that some random person on rivals/peegs could run to social media with and ruin his recruitment process. If the rumors were true, would obviously be nice to hear what specifically Romeo likes about IU over Vandy/KU.

Way too much reading of the tea leaves here.

The fact that McDonald’s AA game happens to be in SEC Country is just coincidental in my book. I think he would use that event to announce simply because it is the biggest stage with the most eyes, not because it’s closer to Nashville.

If the game was played in Moscow, many here would worry that’s an omen he’s signing on to the Russian national team.

Completely agree. Not to mention, if he decides to commit there, he's going to end up having to do it in front of his good friends (Grimes and Garland). So regardless, it's going to be awkward having to let down at least one (if not both) of them.

I read an artcle about Shittu and Drew's clams he wll be ready in November. He wasn't sure if it would be 85% or 100% ready. Seems to me that you wouldn't chance take any chances with his pro career after an ACL. 100% or he doesn't play, imo.

I think Romeo was going to Vandy then Archie came into the picture and won over his dad. Romeo is giving Archie this season to feel each other out. My guess is that Romeo is liking IU, but hasn’t quite gotten to the point where he is ready to commit. He has high goals for his season, and it’s difficult to deal with matters of the heart while producing 50 points a game. I think it’s smart that he is waiting until after the season when he can clear his head, and realize that IU is clearly the best option.

I predict this will continue to roller coaster for the next month until Romeo official announces his decision...today seems pro-IU...next week will probably be pro-Vandy...and back and forth...or up and down...

Reactions: HoosierDave09
The whole waiting to commit because of IU backlash is garbage.

Vandy people forget Romeo had nothing to do with IU while Crean was here. He spent his entire Junior season as a UofL lock and got no “backlash”.

True but if he was flirting with pUKe then all bets would be off :p

Not calling this person a liar but it's important to look at the last sentence..."staff FEELS LIKE they already have him". Huge difference between a gut feeling and this guy hearing that "Romeo shook Drew's hand, looked him in the eye and told the staff he was Vandy's".

Not to go overly crazy debunking this but Quentin Grimes tweeted at Romeo in January (after that vandy board message was sent) saying that they'd ball out at together at KU. I think if Grimes and Langford were that good of friends either A) Romeo wouldn't lie to Grimes about where he was going if he already knew or B) he wouldn't tell Grimes the truth and ask Quentin to post things on social media to give KU fans the illusion he might go there

Also, if Drew had Langford as a lock, then would he really want Langford showing up to IU games? Would Tim Langford really want Romeo to make more public appearances at IU events if he knew for certain he wasn't going there?

Just shows that rumors are just that- rumors. Should we trust someone close to Drew's wife or the people close to the NA staff that sees Romeo regularly? Who's to say, but someone obviously has bad intel.

Not calling this person a liar but it's important to look at the last sentence..."staff FEELS LIKE they already have him". Huge difference between a gut feeling and this guy hearing that "Romeo shook Drew's hand, looked him in the eye and told the staff he was Vandy's".

Not to go overly crazy debunking this but Quentin Grimes tweeted at Romeo in January (after that vandy board message was sent) saying that they'd ball out at together at KU. I think if Grimes and Langford were that good of friends either A) Romeo wouldn't lie to Grimes about where he was going if he already knew or B) he wouldn't tell Grimes the truth and ask Quentin to post things on social media to give KU fans the illusion he might go there

Also, if Drew had Langford as a lock, then would he really want Langford showing up to IU games? Would Tim Langford really want Romeo to make more public appearances at IU events if he knew for certain he wasn't going there?

Just shows that rumors are just that- rumors. Should we trust someone close to Drew's wife or the people close to the NA staff that sees Romeo regularly? Who's to say, but someone obviously has bad intel.
Not to mention he's a high school kid..and high school kids constantly change their mind about things...

I would think if he knew he was coming he'd announce it and be treated like an absolute God in southern IN as he tries to catch Damon.

That has always been a rub.

There's nothing but pure goodness if he announces for Indiana, if that's where he wants to go.

Hopefully he's truly undecided. I think he's already Vandy bound.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.
I've heard that he isn't necessarily a fan of all the attention. He might prefer to finish his season to avoid having every game being a circus. It still likely is a circus, but maybe less distracting than if his decision was known either way.

If he doesn't like attention, why does he sign 1000 autographs after every game? Lol.

He's building a brand.

If he is building a brand then Vanderbilt should not even be on the list....

I look at it this way, as great of a player as Langford is, what is the one thing that he probably needs to work on? I have heard defense. If that is the case, I am thinking the fact that within a few months, Miller has increased our defensive ranking by 145 spots has probably got his attention. He wants good coaching, well Bryce Drew is floundering at Vanderbilt in his second year. We have improved the entire year. When you look at the facts of everything, the only thing I think may be in Vanderbilt's favor is Garland. The question is, how close of a relationship is that.

Reactions: MrBing
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT