ADVERTISEMENT

This guy asked Romeo where he was going and this is what he did

I am a subscriber on Peegs and there are about 3 other guys that posted on there tonight saying they are hearing Romeo to IU and one of them had someone close to NA staff text them that it was IU. Don’t quote me on that but that is what is being posted tonight.

Actually here is the quoted post word for word

Romeo is coming, I received a text from someone that would know, someone involved with NA hoops, someone that previously told me he was leaning toward Vandy
You can speculate all you want but he will be a Hoosier

I would think if he knew he was coming he'd announce it and be treated like an absolute God in southern IN as he tries to catch Damon.

That has always been a rub.

There's nothing but pure goodness if he announces for Indiana, if that's where he wants to go.

Hopefully he's truly undecided. I think he's already Vandy bound.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

I would think if he knew he was coming he'd announce it and be treated like an absolute God in southern IN as he tries to catch Damon.

There's nothing but pure goodness if he announces for Indiana, if that's where he wants to go.

He's already getting the God treatment. The attention couldn't be increased that much more with an IU announcement. Maybe that's what he's trying to avoid...the autograph lines after each game are over the top now.

Reactions: Hoosier Manic
He's already getting the God treatment. The attention couldn't be increased that much more with an IU announcement. Maybe that's what he's trying to avoid...the autograph lines after each game are over the top now.

I agree with this statement. If he were to announce right now that he was going to Vandy or Kansas.... how would the crowds react to/and treat him at his HS games?

From what I've seen so far from this kid.... he is very humble and I like his non reactions after big plays.... and that mentality of "Just Play the Game".

Wherever he goes.... I've been impressed by this kid and I'll wish him the best, in whatever decision me makes.

I agree that the anti-IU scenerios seem to make the most sense..........I'm more concerned about him not being completely sold on IU rather than being completely sold on Vandy. There are so many reasons NOT to go to Vandy. I keep thinking he's going to open up recruiting again to look at NC or Duke. Also, KU is a great option if, for whatever reason, he just doesn't really buy into IU. On the other hand, we've heard NOTHING from IU sources about a back-up plan in case he goes elsewhere, which would seem odd if IU didn't think they have a great chance.

So, I don't know what the hell to think. One thing I do wonder about---if you were RL and serious about IU, wouldn't you want to know if Morgan will be back next year? If we lose him, we'll still be better next year but the ceiling will be much lower. On the other hand, teams like KU & UNC can lose a player or two and still be competitive nationally. Morgan's status won't be known on signing day. Maybe RL's asked him?

Reactions: TommyCracker
If I was Romeo and it was IU I'd announce at his last regular season game which is in Bloomington. If it's in Atlanta, the heart of SEC country with Garland and Sittu then it's Vandy .

No, I don't think so. One thing that seems obvious is their family is strong and they've stated when they are announcing: after the season. I think I'll trust what they have said over what you think. There's no hurry and I don't think it's indicative at all of which program they'll choose. They said this long before this season and I'm confident they're sticking with their plan. Sit back and enjoy the season and when they are ready to announce, we'll all know!

Hopefully the question wasn't : "Which fan base is going to be disappointed"?

It was more likely..."name a pathetic middle aged guy that fawns over 18 year old athletes"?

Reactions: jet812
Yep that is correct. The plan is to now announce March 28 at the McDonalds All American game. Also the Langfords have said in the beginning, even when Louisville was still the favorite, that he would wait until after his Senior season was over and announce in the Spring. The longer this thing plays out, the better it is for IU. He had to build relations with Archie and the staff and for IU to even be this seriously involved is a big credit to Archie. He had such little time to make up and he has done a wonderful job with Romeo. If we don’t get him it’s not on Archie. It is on Crean for not having his interest in IU higher than it was. This is a good sign, him signing or not, for IU and future 5 star recruits that Archie can bring a recruitment that quick to reality.

Last edited:
How could he not go to IU with all the adoration he's getting right now from fans, the packed gyms, the autograph line, etc? He can go to IU and be THE MAN from day 1 or go to Vandy or KU and just be another guy. The pressure at IU will be intense but he should be accustomed to that by now.

Reactions: IUgradman
The more pressure he is forced to handle the more prepared he will be for the NBA. Will force him to grow as a player quicker.

The Atlanta announcement favors Vandy. I don't see how anyone would think otherwise. The kid is constantly surrounded by people who are doating on him and hoping he goes to IU. Don't you think he might get a little more demonstrative in those swarms if he was a future Hoosier?

I don't see it. Plus, why would you announce at a game with the only two reasons why Vandy is being considered unless you are going to Vandy?

One thing is for sure, if he picks the Commodores, IU will see them in the tourney.

The Atlanta announcement favors Vandy. I don't see how anyone would think otherwise. The kid is constantly surrounded by people who are doating on him and hoping he goes to IU. Don't you think he might get a little more demonstrative in those swarms if he was a future Hoosier?

I don't see it. Plus, why would you announce at a game with the only two reasons why Vandy is being considered unless you are going to Vandy?

One thing is for sure, if he picks the Commodores, IU will see them in the tourney.

I remember his father saying before the season began he wanted to see how the coaches of Romeo’s three finalists managed their teams, which seemed to me to be in reference to Archie. Also, Romeo came to a game on his own to watch up close how Archie coached. In subsequent interviews Tim has praised Archie’s coaching ability and mentioned how he wants a coach who will hold Romeo accountable and make him play hard.

I remember his father saying before the season began he wanted to see how the coaches of Romeo’s three finalists managed their teams, which seemed to me to be in reference to Archie. Also, Romeo came to a game on his own to watch up close how Archie coached. In subsequent interviews Tim has praised Archie’s coaching ability and mentioned how he wants a coach who will hold Romeo accountable and make him play hard.

Good arguments there. I can't disagree with that. I guess hunches aren't really worth much. We just need to see when he declares.

Yep, if we did not have a new head coach then I would believe the why wait if IU line of thought. It makes logical sense that Romeo wants to observe Coach Miller coaching before pulling the trigger.

Genuinely think he is still undecided. He might be leaning towards a school but not sure he is definitively sold on just one program yet. His father said in an indy star interview late January that "He's still observing...he's focused on winning state with his team. That said, he's not putting too much emphasis on the college side." In other words, Romeo just wants to enjoy being a kid while he still can.

I know people theorize that it's not IU because of backlash but as previously mentioned, they have been very transparent with the fact that Romeo would wait until the spring to commit. If the school that my son was likely to commit to ends up getting boned by the FBI, I would wait until the last second for my son to pick the right school too.

Tim Langford said the spring would be about getting to see how coaches used players and their coaching styles. After the IU-Northwestern game, Tim said that Romeo "said coach Miller gets the best out of his kids. He saw how he pushes them, and talent-wise, he gets the best out of the players that he has."

I put these quotes in here because I feel like so many IU fans come up with their own theories instead of just simply listening to what Romeo and his father actually have to say on this whole thing. There are tons of positives towards Archie and the longer this plays out, the more ground IU can make up.

I actually think as things have moved along this season CAM has shown to be a better game coach and motivator than Drew and his demeanor on the sideline is Brad Stevens esque. You can bet CAM has made a positive impression on RL or he would not be coming to games to "observe" this late in the process. I have said all along he is not coming to IU for the same reasons others believe it. And i for certain hope i am wrong. The kid is so smooth,fluid and can get whatever he wants on offense. He is most likely the biggest recruit IU will get in a couple decades if he does come.

Reactions: IUCharlie5
I agree
Genuinely think he is still undecided. He might be leaning towards a school but not sure he is definitively sold on just one program yet. His father said in an indy star interview late January that "He's still observing...he's focused on winning state with his team. That said, he's not putting too much emphasis on the college side." In other words, Romeo just wants to enjoy being a kid while he still can.

I know people theorize that it's not IU because of backlash but as previously mentioned, they have been very transparent with the fact that Romeo would wait until the spring to commit. If the school that my son was likely to commit to ends up getting boned by the FBI, I would wait until the last second for my son to pick the right school too.

Tim Langford said the spring would be about getting to see how coaches used players and their coaching styles. After the IU-Northwestern game, Tim said that Romeo "said coach Miller gets the best out of his kids. He saw how he pushes them, and talent-wise, he gets the best out of the players that he has."

I put these quotes in here because I feel like so many IU fans come up with their own theories instead of just simply listening to what Romeo and his father actually have to say on this whole thing. There are tons of positives towards Archie and the longer this plays out, the more ground IU can make up.

I agree with you 99% except for the part where you said simply just listen to what Romeo and Tim have said instead of thinking of different reasons for this and that. We listened to what the Garlands said and all of it was bull****. Can’t always trust what they want to tell you. With that being said yes I agree with everything else and that Romeo is simply waiting for the season to end and he is examining the coaching styles of each coach and I feel IU has as good of a chance as the other 2 schools involved.

I agree

I agree with you 99% except for the part where you said simply just listen to what Romeo and Tim have said instead of thinking of different reasons for this and that. We listened to what the Garlands said and all of it was bull****. Can’t always trust what they want to tell you. With that being said yes I agree with everything else and that Romeo is simply waiting for the season to end and he is examining the coaching styles of each coach and I feel IU has as good of a chance as the other 2 schools involved.

Totally get what you are saying with the whole Garland thing. Yes, the parents and players only have nice things to say about the coaches/programs and aren't going to spill the truth out to these reporters. That being said, the most reliable sources when it comes to kids' recruitments are the actual parents and players. So many people look at what Rivals reporters and crystal ball predictions have to say but they either change their opinion as much as we do or they are just flat out wrong. No one had Jerome Hunter coming to IU, no one thought Zion was going to Duke, etc.

These coaches continue to recruit until the last second because kids are young and impulsive. These players may feel like they are sold on one school only but when they actually sit down with their families and thoroughly discuss the situation, they may realize that they should change their mind. Take Tyger Campbell for example. Sets a commitment date, every reporter claims it's Depaul, he then delays his commitment and chooses UCLA. This gets back to what I previously mentioned. While Romeo definitely thinks about college, right now there's no reason to assume that he has reached his final decision.

Reactions: IUCharlie5

He said a LOOOONG time ago that he would announce in the spring. You’re creating things to worry about.

This is silly. Demonstrative? I live in New Albany. I’ve watched him play for years. He doesn’t really emote much at all. Ever.

Also, it’s the McDonald’s All American game. That’s as high of a stage as you can get in HS basketball. You want him to announce at the barbershop in downtown NA or something?

Just do it Romeo......you know you want to.

giphy.gif

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT