ADVERTISEMENT

This guy asked Romeo where he was going and this is what he did

Kenny Johnson had major connections with the East Coast AAU scene. Those were guys TC was after hot and heavy. I'm not saying Johnson didn't do anything underhanded, but I would lay heavy odds that if he did he did it of his own accord and not with the knowledge of Crean.

There are a lot of things not to like about Tom Crean the coach, but I would need a whole lot more than this connection to be convinced he was dirty in the slightest. I have never heard anyone even make whispers that he ever did anything corrupt at any of his stops (other than visit Gary Harris at school a day before the legal visit period began, which was proven to be an honest mistake and immediately reported by TC).

I suspect that Johnson thought things might be different at IU, and when he saw that he wasn't going to be additionally compensated (either above or below the table) he bolted for L'ville where he knew the pot would be sweetened.

It WASN'T an honest mistake. It was Crean at his lying best.

He didn't report it until after he was busted...then he said he didn't know how to read a calendar.

Ahope wasn't about frikken stickers. Hanner was a gigantic prospect coming into High School. As high as 5th if I remember correctly going into his sophomore year.

Crean violated the recruiting restrictions his first year...made calls he wasn't supposed to make and got slapped on the wrist (like Ahope, if you think Sampson was just about phone calls you're being stupid).

After Ahope we turned east and built a really weird pipeline. UNC swore we paid for Vonleh.

Bryant came with some weird white booster dude.

We got involved with Maker who had as many red flags as Shittu.

There's a reason why his peers voted Crean as a dirty coach. It wasn't because of the paranoia speeches he liked to say ''they don't want us back' and ''everyone is negatively recruiting us" when it was proven per Dopriak that part of his recruiting spiel was to negatively recruit.

He was a fraud. A liar at worst and an insecure wreck at best.

I agree that the anti-IU scenerios seem to make the most sense..........I'm more concerned about him not being completely sold on IU rather than being completely sold on Vandy. There are so many reasons NOT to go to Vandy. I keep thinking he's going to open up recruiting again to look at NC or Duke. Also, KU is a great option if, for whatever reason, he just doesn't really buy into IU. On the other hand, we've heard NOTHING from IU sources about a back-up plan in case he goes elsewhere, which would seem odd if IU didn't think they have a great chance.

So, I don't know what the hell to think. One thing I do wonder about---if you were RL and serious about IU, wouldn't you want to know if Morgan will be back next year? If we lose him, we'll still be better next year but the ceiling will be much lower. On the other hand, teams like KU & UNC can lose a player or two and still be competitive nationally. Morgan's status won't be known on signing day. Maybe RL's asked him?
Archie's back-up-plan for Romeo is a JCshooting guard that you can acquire
in a month of recruiting...

Green has made strides at PG but is still having growing pains. Maybe he will continue to clean up his game but I think he's more natural as scorer than a facilitator. I'd rather get a JC/grad transfer PG to pair with Phinisee and just go with Green as the SG if no romeo. Of course that assumes phinisee fills the PG role and doesn't experience growing pains of his own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT