ADVERTISEMENT

Things will get interesting in Atlanta

There it is! I’m racist because I speculate a guy in the process of committing a crime that had committed precious crimes might do it again. What a chickenshit comeback, you should be ashamed of yourself but I doubt you have the wherewithal. I don’t care what color the guy was, he was a POS who got what he deserved if he truly does have the record others say.
Got what he deserved? Speaking of POS.

There it is! I’m racist because I speculate a guy in the process of committing a crime that had committed precious crimes might do it again. What a chickenshit comeback, you should be ashamed of yourself but I doubt you have the wherewithal. I don’t care what color the guy was, he was a POS who got what he deserved if he truly does have the record others say.

I looked at his record, and he had no arrests for the past 4 yrs. Again, what makes you think this guy was just out on the streets every night engaging in criminal activity? If there were reasons other than a suspected DUI to arrest him, then they wouldn't have needed to call for a field sobriety officer.

I don't know much about tasers, but the cop knew it had already been discharged and aimed to shoot him in the back as he was running away. He wasn't a suspected felon, and they had already allowed him to move his vehicle and park it. The cop who shot had been involved in 12 Investigations in a 7 yr career, including a 2015 shooting of a criminal that was NOT reported to supervisors. He had also been disciplined in another case for discharging his weapon.

And I'm sorry, but the kick to a man you just shot is IMO a HUGE problem. That symbolizes a loss of control, which may be why Rolfe has been investigated 12 times in 7 yrs. Most cops are maybe investigated 1 or 2 times at most in that kind of time frame. I know THAT kick and previous issues really influenced the DA, and might have been the difference in his mind between manslaughter and felony murder...

And that night he decided to add to it with what would have been some more felony charges. He resisted because he thought he was going back to jail. And how frightening to be a cop in that position.
Instead he’s dead and it’s the police that are up on felony charges for murder.

I looked at his record, and he had no arrests for the past 4 yrs. Again, what makes you think this guy was just out on the streets every night engaging in criminal activity? If there were reasons other than a suspected DUI to arrest him, then they wouldn't have needed to call for a field sobriety officer.

I don't know much about tasers, but the cop knew it had already been discharged and aimed to shoot him in the back as he was running away. He wasn't a suspected felon, and they had already allowed him to move his vehicle and park it. The cop who shot had been involved in 12 Investigations in a 7 yr career, including a 2015 shooting of a criminal that was NOT reported to supervisors. He had also been disciplined in another case for discharging his weapon.

And I'm sorry, but the kick to a man you just shot is IMO a HUGE problem. That symbolizes a loss of control, which may be why Rolfe has been investigated 12 times in 7 yrs. Most cops are maybe investigated 1 or 2 times at most in that kind of time frame. I know THAT kick and previous issues really influenced the DA, and might have been the difference in his mind between manslaughter and felony murder

The cop may very well be a dirtbag as well, & if he is, then we can all hope he gets his too. It doesn’t have to be either or, both things can be true...

I have no idea what his wife does or doesn’t know. Public record is that he abused his children then attacked cops. Time take some responsibility for acting criminally

the whole point of this recent movement is a certain faction want to be able to commit crimes without police intervention and they have successfully suckered others to join them in their cause while pointing the “racist” finger at anyone who dare challenge them in order to ensure compliance

That should be the new police policy. If the criminal tells you they just want to go home, they should be released. Better yet, they can just drop them off since they probably learned their lesson...

I'm not suggesting they should have let him go home. I'm suggesting your claim that he was likely to engage in further "Criminal activity" is baseless and seems more than a little racist. Can you explain what you mean, because the evidence suggests that he was just slightly inebriated and maybe a little upset over visiting his mom's grave, and basically fell asleep drunk in his car...

I just really want to know where the idea he would engage in "further criminal activity" comes from? Do you feel that is equally applicable to the guy heading home after a few too many at the Elks club, who maybe gets stopped? Is HE en route to engage in "further criminal activity" as well?

And I'm sorry, but the kick to a man you just shot is IMO a HUGE problem. That symbolizes a loss of control, which may be why Rolfe has been investigated 12 times in 7 yrs. Most cops are maybe investigated 1 or 2 times at most in that kind of time frame. I know THAT kick and previous issues really influenced the DA, and might have been the difference in his mind between manslaughter and felony murder...
The taser was discharged before the guy stole it? I hadn't heard that. I don't know much about tasers, but don't they need to be recharged or reloaded to fire again? If the cop knew or should have known that the taser was harmless, then he's in trouble.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I'm not suggesting they should have let him go home. I'm suggesting your claim that he was likely to engage in further "Criminal activity" is baseless and seems more than a little racist. Can you explain what you mean, because the evidence suggests that he was just slightly inebriated and maybe a little upset over visiting his mom's grave, and basically fell asleep drunk in his car...

I just really want to know where the idea he would engage in "further criminal activity" comes from? Do you feel that is equally applicable to the guy heading home after a few too many at the Elks club, who maybe gets stopped? Is HE en route to engage in "further criminal activity" as well?
Doesn’t have to be likely. Possible is good enough for me. What percentage of probability are you willing to live with him getting back behind the wheel & on the road with your family? As far as the guy from the Elks, if he is a violent crime offender, assaults the police, steals their weapon, attempts to use it while fleeing, then absolutely, he’s got it coming too. If he complies with the police, he’ll spend the night in jail & live to fight another day.

There are ALOT of instances of police being way out of line, including murderers, just like every segment of the population. I’m not shedding any tears for this guy...

The taser was discharged before the guy stole it? I hadn't heard that. I don't know much about tasers, but don't they need to be recharged or reloaded to fire again? If the cop knew or should have known that the taser was harmless, then he's in trouble.

No, but the cop who shot him saw him fire the taser and then turn back around and try to run. I think the video shows that it was the other cop he shot the taser at, and the trailing officer is the one who takes aim and shoots him in the back as he's running away. At that point, neither cop is in danger, so to me, it's hard to justify using deadly force. Again a warrant would be a different scenario, but resisting arrest over a DUI should result in more discretion by an officer against a basically fleeing subject...

No, but the cop who shot him saw him fire the taser and then turn back around and try to run. I think the video shows that it was the other cop he shot the taser at, and the trailing officer is the one who takes aim and shoots him in the back as he's running away. At that point, neither cop is in danger, so to me, it's hard to justify using deadly force. Again a warrant would be a different scenario, but resisting arrest over a DUI should result in more discretion by an officer against a basically fleeing subject...
Ah, then I guess the timing matters, as does whether or not said taser has multiple shots. I'm still not clear on that, but it appears at least one model used by police has two shots.

Again, though, the warrant point doesn't matter. The guy could have fifty warrants out for his arrest, and it still wouldn't matter, unless any of those warrants would also be evidence that the man was an imminent threat of death or seriously bodily injury to someone. All of these other details are just window dressing! "Death or serious bodily injury" is the only thing that matters.

Hadn't he already told the cops he just wanted to go home? Where does this refrain of "he might have engaged in further criminal activity" keep emerging from? He was sleeping off a drunk and likely would have eventually woken up and headed home had the cops not gotten involved. You don't think cops have leeway when it comes to how they deal with a "suspected DUI"?

Is that concept so difficult for some of you to accept, because I honestly feel that same scenario plays out all over Atlanta (for example) on a daily basis. I think some of you guys would have been in favor of hanging pickpockets...
Literally no one is saying he deserved to be killed. A lot of people are saying that armchair qb’ing it after the fact from the safety of our homes and couching it in terms of racism is the height of idiocy. It’s insane, it’s counterproductive, and it’s bullshit.

Doesn’t have to be likely. Possible is good enough for me. What percentage of probability are you willing to live with him getting back behind the wheel & on the road with your family? As far as the guy from the Elks, if he is a violent crime offender, assaults the police, steals their weapon, attempts to use it while fleeing, then absolutely, he’s got it coming too. If he complies with the police, he’ll spend the night in jail & live to fight another day.

There are ALOT of instances of police being way out of line, including murderers, just like every segment of the population. I’m not shedding any tears for this guy...

Dude, he wasn't fleeing in a car or using his car as a weapon to drive at police. I think you're being more than a little disingenuous regarding how serious you view a "suspected" DUI. Again you keep saying he is a violent crime offender as if he was in a drunken brawl or something. They know he's unarmed except for a discharged taser, and they know he has no outstanding warrants. I still think the baseless claim that he was "likely to engage in further criminal activity" is based on his skin color.

He wasn't going to rob Wendys, and again they allowed him to move his own car. I don't think they shoot him if he's white, and I don't think you claim he's "likely to engage in further criminal activity" either.

Dude, he wasn't fleeing in a car or using his car as a weapon to drive at police. I think you're being more than a little disingenuous regarding how serious you view a "suspected" DUI. Again you keep saying he is a violent crime offender as if he was in a drunken brawl or something. They know he's unarmed except for a discharged taser, and they know he has no outstanding warrants. I still think the baseless claim that he was "likely to engage in further criminal activity" is based on his skin color.

He wasn't going to rob Wendys, and again they allowed him to move his own car. I don't think they shoot him if he's white, and I don't think you claim he's "likely to engage in further criminal activity" either.
And what happens if he runs down the street and car jacks a family driving home? Is that a risk worth taking?

Literally no one is saying he deserved to be killed. A lot of people are saying that armchair qb’ing it after the fact from the safety of our homes and couching it in terms of racism is the height of idiocy. It’s insane, it’s counterproductive, and it’s bullshit.

Well, the DA who deals with CRIMINALS examined the evidence and thought it qualified as a crime. Not just manslaughter but FELONY MURDER. Are you accusing the DA of being anti-cop or coddling criminals? Again, what kind of cop kicks a man he just shot twice in the back? Who wants that kind of cop on the street?

I don't think they shoot him if he's white, and I don't think you claim he's "likely to engage in further criminal activity" either.
You are so full of shit.

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.

Dude passes out in a Wendy’s drive thru, assaults and overpowers 2 policemen and uses their weapon against them while fleeing.

And your response is “THEY WOULDN’T HAVE SHOT HIM IF HE WERE WHITE!!!”

Don’t you see how incredibly disingenuous that is?

And what happens if he runs down the street and car jacks a family driving home? Is that a risk worth taking?
Maybe. "What if?" isn't a good enough reason for cops to kill people.

What if he actually had AIDS, and if he had survived, his next act would have been to ease his adrenaline by having unprotected sex with a local hooker, who would have contracted the disease, and passed it on to many other members of the community? What then? IS THAT A RISK WORTH TAKING?

Well, the DA who deals with CRIMINALS examined the evidence and thought it qualified as a crime. Not just manslaughter but FELONY MURDER. Are you accusing the DA of being anti-cop or coddling criminals? Again, what kind of cop kicks a man he just shot twice in the back? Who wants that kind of cop on the street?
Lol.

Are you saying that DA’s never bow to political pressure?

Does it matter that the video shows the cop transferring his taser to his non shooting hand, while pulling out his revolver before the deceased made a move to fire the taser over his shoulder? Had the cop already decided he was going to shoot this guy?

Reactions: cosmickid

Why would you even say that? You are ascribing behavior to him based on your own prejudices. The cops allowed him to move his own car, so if that was his aim that would have been the opportunity to try and run them over or ram their vehicle. You guys didn't get this wound up over Sgt Carrillo shooting two cops in cold blood cause he hates cops.

Why would you even say that? You are ascribing behavior to him based on your own prejudices. The cops allowed him to move his own car, so if that was his aim that would have been the opportunity to try and run them over or ram their vehicle. You guys didn't get this wound up over Sgt Carrillo shooting two cops in cold blood cause he hates cops.
No, I ascribe that behavior to him based on HIS OWN F*****G ACTIONS captured on video.

Wow. You cannot be this disingenuous.

Does it matter that the video shows the cop transferring his taser to his non shooting hand, while pulling out his revolver before the deceased made a move to fire the taser over his shoulder? Had the cop already decided he was going to shoot this guy?

The DA said he reviewed body cam AND cell phone footage, so I'm thinking he saw more than what we've seen. For example, I first saw the kick tonight. I might be more inclined to view the cop as more sympathetic had he tried to administer first aid. But to deliberately kick a mortally wounded man that you just shot. Just not the kind of cop that should be on the street,imo...

Reactions: Morrison
No, I ascribe that behavior to him based on HIS OWN F*****G ACTIONS captured on video.

Wow. You cannot be this disingenuous.

Carjacking? Based on running from cops carrying a discharged taser, over a caught sleeping in his car charge?
That strikes me as quite a leap. But whatever...

Carjacking? Based on running from cops carrying a discharged taser, over a caught sleeping in his car charge?
That strikes me as quite a leap. But whatever...
Of course prior criminal behavior doesn’t predict future behavior but this exact scenario actually happened this week.

Cops let a suspect run who then proceeded to car jack a family and abscond with a 7 year old boy in the back seat. Luckily, he dumped the kid unharmed but is that a risk worth taking?

The DA said he reviewed body cam AND cell phone footage, so I'm thinking he saw more than what we've seen. For example, I first saw the kick tonight. I might be more inclined to view the cop as more sympathetic had he tried to administer first aid. But to deliberately kick a mortally wounded man that you just shot. Just not the kind of cop that should be on the street,imo...

I wasn’t aware the cop kicked the deceased after shooting him until reading your post tonight. Despicable.

You are so full of shit.

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.

Dude passes out in a Wendy’s drive thru, assaults and overpowers 2 policemen and uses their weapon against them while fleeing.

And your response is “THEY WOULDN’T HAVE SHOT HIM IF HE WERE WHITE!!!”

Don’t you see how incredibly disingenuous that is?

Again... You don't think I can find instances of people resisting arrest over an actual violent criminal act, running from cops and firing an actual gun at them and NOT being shot in the back and killed? You don't think that's possible, esp when we're talking an actual weapon, not a taser?

Of course prior criminal behavior doesn’t predict future behavior but this exact scenario actually happened this week.

Cops let a suspect run who then proceeded to car jack a family and abscond with a 7 year old boy in the back seat. Luckily, he dumped the kid unharmed but is that a risk worth taking?

Was the suspect being initially arrested for falling asleep in a drive-thru? And btw, have you been in a drive-thru on a weekend night while restaurants are on lockdown? He could've conceivably been in line for 30-45 mins before it was time to pick up his order. In most cases, we'd likely laugh off someone falling asleep in a drive-thru, and yet you're already imagining this guy carjacking some innocent family in his zeal to avoid a DUI...

For me, that's a leap...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT