ADVERTISEMENT

Things will get interesting in Atlanta

This is the response many of us have come to expect from police after they are called on brutalizing or killing people they should instead have served and protected. I watched the Atlanta press conference. The facts are heinous.

you watch the video?

I don’t know how we work ourselves out of this situation.
No one wants to listen, but everyone wants to be heard.

Who provides direction, where are the leaders?

What are the facts in this case? Please update if I’ve missed something or have incorrect information.
  1. Man passed out at Wendy’s drive thru
  2. Police are called by civilians
  3. Police wake man from vehicle
  4. Field sobriety test failed
  5. Police try to take man into custody and struggle ensues
  6. Police unable to restrain suspect
  7. Suspect seems to gain control of both officers, takes taser. Punches are thrown, landed by suspect.
  8. Suspect runs from police
  9. Suspect turns and fires taser at one police officer
  10. Police office fires shots striking suspect in back
  11. Police stand on suspect, also kick suspect once he’s fallen to the ground.
  12. Suspect dies and police now charged with felony murder
If this happened at any other time to any other human regardless of color the vast, vast majority of people would ask what the hell was this guy thinking?

This situation is not George Floyd. Wait until the verdict falls in favor of the police officer and only found guilty on lesser chargers. Let it begin.......I’m starting to think we deserve this.

I don’t know how we work ourselves out of this situation.
No one wants to listen, but everyone wants to be heard.

Who provides direction, where are the leaders?

What are the facts in this case? Please update if I’ve missed something or have incorrect information.
  1. Man passed out at Wendy’s drive thru
  2. Police are called by civilians
  3. Police wake man from vehicle
  4. Field sobriety test failed
  5. Police try to take man into custody and struggle ensues
  6. Police unable to restrain suspect
  7. Suspect seems to gain control of both officers, takes taser. Punches are thrown, landed by suspect.
  8. Suspect runs from police
  9. Suspect turns and fires taser at one police officer
  10. Police office fires shots striking suspect in back
  11. Police stand on suspect, also kick suspect once he’s fallen to the ground.
  12. Suspect dies and police now charged with felony murder
If this happened at any other time to any other human regardless of color the vast, vast majority of people would ask what the hell was this guy thinking?

This situation is not George Floyd. Wait until the verdict falls in favor of the police officer and only found guilty on lesser chargers. Let it begin.......I’m starting to think we deserve this.

Watched something the other night with the vid of the field sobriety test. Thought they said he passed it. Is that wrong?

No we want a society with well trained police. If that’s the way the feel, they aren’t the right people for the job.

I don’t disagree with you, but your statement seems short sided, no?
We want the police to behave properly. We want police to pick up the garbage and dispose of it properly on a daily basis.

Is this zero tolerance? Do the vast majority, over 99% of interactions with police go as planned or without incident?

Have we sensationalized the 1%

Watched something the other night with the vid of the field sobriety test. Thought they said he passed it. Is that wrong?

Have not heard that.
Can someone confirm whether he passed the breathalyzer and field sobriety test?

He passed all until breathalyzer, and I think I read he was only slightly over. The follow the finger was painful. It lasted forever. Why it took a 40 minute interaction I’ll never know.

He passed all until breathalyzer, and I think I read he was only slightly over. The follow the finger was painful. It lasted forever. Why it took a 40 minute interaction I’ll never know.

so you approve of dui? Only “slightly “ over lol

Are we talking about the same video?

the guy was getting cuffed and as the cop was about to slap the last cuff on him he freaks out, fights two cops, essentially wins that fight, steals one of the cops taser guns, points it at the cops while fleeing and gets his brains blown out?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Amazing.
We learn at a young age and this is some elementary shit.
Don’t resist the police
Don’t fight with the police
Don’t try to take weapons from police
Don’t run from police
While your running don’t fire the weapon you just stole from the police at the police

Failed, failed, failed. What am I missing here?

Amazing.
We learn at a young age and this is some elementary shit.
Don’t resist the police
Don’t fight with the police
Don’t try to take weapons from police
Don’t run from police
While your running don’t fire the weapon you just stole from the police at the police

Failed, failed, failed. What am I missing here?
its ridiculous

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Correct, armed with a non-lethal taser. Nice addition of the words “armed” and “gun” on your part.

1. tasers aren’t necessarily non lethal
2. Tasers can be incapacitating. The police officer still has a right to defend himself while having a dangerous weapon pointed at him. Just as you or I would

I guess he should have just shot the taser out of his hand or somethin right?

1. tasers aren’t necessarily non lethal
2. Tasers can be incapacitating. The police officer still has a right to defend himself while having a dangerous weapon pointed at him. Just as you or I would

I guess he should have just shot the taser out of his hand or somethin right?
No, he should of remembered he had backup because there were two cops on the scene. The fact they couldn’t restrain a guy drunk off his ass says a lot about their training compounded by the fact they ended up shooting him in the back after patting him down.

Reactions: brianiu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT