ADVERTISEMENT

Things are getting worse at FNC

Ailes and O'Reilly just the tip of the iceberg. More women coming forward with disturbing stories. More joining lawsuits. O'Reilly's fate was sealed when lawyers hired to investigate recommended his termination. Five bucks says 21CF keeps them retained to do a full top-to-bottom investigation that results in a lot of heads rolling.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/329646-report-fox-executives-fear-more-to-come
Fair and Balanced FIRINGS underway......LOVE IT!

Okay back to the title of thread. I think the on air superstar personalities made FOX. FOX didn't make them. FOX is going to lose its rabid conservative following. Murdoch's money making machine at FOX is going away.
It's not the people, it's the product. How did NBC survive losing Huntley & Brinkley? CBS losing Cronkite?

It's not the people, it's the product. How did NBC survive losing Huntley & Brinkley? CBS losing Cronkite?

Surviving and thriving are two different things. If the Murdochs think Fox is going to thrive being like NBC and CBS they have a surprise coming.

Reactions: Lucy01
Surviving and thriving are two different things. If the Murdochs think Fox is going to thrive being like NBC and CBS they have a surprise coming.
NBC News and CBS News "thrived" after losing their marquee news "talent". Of course, Fox can't hire any clown off the street, but there's no reason it can't continue to draw viewers as long as they tell them what they want to hear. That is the product.

Would you have a conversation with someone who uses the word "Trumptard?"
Absolutely. In fact, I even admonished people for using any form of that word as a joke on AOTF. That didn't go well. That being said, have you ever heard the term Trumptard? I haven't.

NBC News and CBS News "thrived" after losing their marquee news "talent". Of course, Fox can't hire any clown off the street, but there's no reason it can't continue to draw viewers as long as they tell them what they want to hear. That is the product.

If rumors and some reports are correct the young Murdochs want a different product. We will have an idea a year from now.

Absolutely. In fact, I even admonished people for using any form of that word as a joke on AOTF. That didn't go well. That being said, have you ever heard the term Trumptard? I haven't.
Yes I see that all the time and it annoys the hell out of me.

You need to get out more.
Really? I've heard his supporters called all kinds of things, I follow quite a few people on twitter and read the threads, opinions on Facebook, papers, etc. Haven't heard it once. I'm sure it's out there, but I follow all kinds of social media sites with differening opinions. Probably now I'll see it 100 times tomorrow.

Huh. I mean I see them being called stupid , ignorant, and everything else in the book, just not that.

Huh. I mean I see them being called stupid , ignorant, and everything else in the book, just not that.
To go back to your original question on the matter, Zeke, the point is having discussions with these people is useless, anyway. They are explicitly dumping FNC out of fear that they are going to be forced to listen to things they don't agree with. I don't know what percentage of FNC's viewership is made up of these people, but it's not negligible.

A few thoughts. O'Reilly has a history. If he made the workplace intolerable he needs to go. Hannity is not my cup of tea, but in fairness the accusation against him reminds me Duke Lacrosse.

Here's what I don't get. Bill Clinton. Why would anybody pay him 2 cents to speak? Why did the Democrats showcase him at national conventions. Isn't he just as bad, if not worse, than O'Reilly? Any CEO in the country would have been summarily canned for sex with a college intern in the workplace.

Sarah Palin, Bristol Palin, Ivanka Trump, Milania Trump and Kelly Anne Conway have all been the punch line of disgusting sexual jokes and comments from left wing media personalities and one democratic public official, yet there is never outrage about that. Sexual harassment is a serious issue in many quarters, yet it is becoming clear the left wingers don't care about sexual harassment. Instead they use sexual harassment as another way to bash, silence, marginalize, and destroy opposite viewpoints and those who dare speak them.

Yup!

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT