ADVERTISEMENT

Things are getting worse at FNC

how bout we ask daddy what he thought Watters was referring to.

anybody at Fox stuck a mic in the Donald's face since the comment, to ask his take on it? (i'm guessing not).

i don't look for JW to be doing any personal interviews of the prez anytime soon. (he'd be the one needing the security).

Watters suddenly went on vacation from Fox till Monday.

be interesting to see if he's back Monday.

Who gives a crap what Watters meant except head-exploding liberals?

Reactions: Lucy01
If it's somewhere in this thread I apologize. Did you notice what happen to her story when he called her out and hired attorneys?
Her story stayed the same. The problem was that the original media outlets reporting the story inaccurately described her accusation as one of "sexual harassment," when she never actually made that accusation. She just accused him of hitting on her and being creepy, and she didn't back off after he cried foul.

Her story stayed the same. The problem was that the original media outlets reporting the story inaccurately described her accusation as one of "sexual harassment," when she never actually made that accusation. She just accused him of hitting on her and being creepy, and she didn't back off after he cried foul.

He must be guilty.

You don't really believe that, so I can only assume you are accusing me of believing that, in which case you can kindly go stuff it. I neither said nor implied anything of the sort.

I didn't accuse you at all. If you were representing a guy who has an accusation against him that he swears to you isn't true what do you tell him to do?

What card? She said it so it's true.
(Re-post to add quotes)

BTW, we covered this at the very beginning:
Now appears she's backing off. Not denying the factual account, but she isn't calling it "sexual harassment".

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/des...-was-never-sexually-harassed-by-sean-hannity/

If she never worked for FNC or Hannity, if she was only ever a guest, then I'm not sure how it's even possible she was harassed, legally speaking.

This is ultimately a management problem with FNC. It's going to require a big house cleaning. I wouldn't be surprised if some genuinely innocent people get caught up in it, as well.
So I'm not sure why you think her sticking to her story automatically means she is telling the truth, but since I doubt you really do think that, I can only assume you are accusing me of thinking that, in which case I refer to my first post and kindly ask you to stuff it. I never even implied that we should just assume she is telling the truth.

I understand guys do this and in some instances gals do. It seems impossible to me for someone that is innocent to not be smeared.
I'm not following you.

I agree with others earlier who pointed out that Hannity is one guy who has never had a lecherous reputation. But I also know that some seemingly wholesome guys are banging cocktail waitresses on the side all the time. It used to be considered normal in a lot of quarters for successful men to have affairs. So, who knows? The point of this thread is that FNC's problems go beyond Ailes and O'Reilly, as the continued accusations show, along with silly mistakes like the Watters/Ivanka flap. The Murdochs supposedly want to effect a complete culture change at FNC, but that culture appears to be deeply ingrained, so for them to accomplish this, a lot more heads are going to have to roll. My guess is that the damage to on-air talent will be somewhat limited going forward (Watters will probably quietly leave, and I'd expect Doocy to be gone soon, too), but that a lot of the upper management will be shown the door moving forward.

Okay back to the title of thread. I think the on air superstar personalities made FOX. FOX didn't make them. FOX is going to lose its rabid conservative following. Murdoch's money making machine at FOX is going away.

Jerking off? Creepy? They don't get it? Really?

You guys need to take your frickin' self-righteous exploding heads someplace else. Nobody cares about whether you manage to be creeped out or visualize a jerk-off fantasy from in a 1.5 second sound bite. Yeah, I suppose the whole bland show needed a kick, so Waters decided to make a blow job joke--about Ivanka? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. You people need to get a grip. We've seen and heard the liberal a-holes talking about Donald having sexual fantasies about Ivanka, calling Melania a prostitute and worse and not a peep from the likes of either of you. Neither of you do fake outrage very well.

Clearly off topic

Now rumors are Hannity is gone by end of week - not because he is being shown the door, but because he is bailing in response to FNC shakeup, especially Shine.

Gabe Sherman confirms with multiple sources that Hannity' s contract makes it very easy for him to quit whenever he wants.

Okay back to the title of thread. I think the on air superstar personalities made FOX. FOX didn't make them. FOX is going to lose its rabid conservative following. Murdoch's money making machine at FOX is going away.
You might be onto something. Rumor is there is talk somewhere of someone starting a new media company to compete with FNC and names like Hannity and O'Reilly have been attached to it.

Now rumors are Hannity is gone by end of week - not because he is being shown the door, but because he is bailing in response to FNC shakeup, especially Shine.

Gabe Sherman confirms with multiple sources that Hannity' s contract makes it very easy for him to quit whenever he wants.
Meanwhile, NBC/MSNBC has shifted to Greta, features Hugh Hewitt frequently, and nudged Tamron Hall for Megyn Kelly.

I wonder if Fox News viewers will notice when they flip the script and start the mad liberal extended hour from 7 to 11 p.m.

I tend to doubt Today show watchers are thinking much of anything, but they're probably at least a little confused that Al Roker's not on as much. The vapid Matt Lauer will continue on so they probably won't notice the switch to "Fox News on NBC".

It's a Freaky Friday on steroids.

Respectfully disagree. Fox went for an angle and that angle produced the media stars. Fox is probably adrift now, but Fox, imo, was the driving force, not the personalities that fell under their umbrella. But yes, now created, those stars have some drawing power.

That will be the end of Fox News.

let me know when that new network has placement on all the major provider channel lineups, is getting anywhere near the price per sub that News Corp does for Fox News to pay big money to talking heads, and when major ad time buyers are comfortable with O'Reilly again.

all the Fox News audience wants to hear is how evil liberals are, and to hear it from a white male or blond white female eye candy. (and just to prove they aren't racist, they'll put up with white brunette eye candy once in a while as well).

tv makes those on it famous.

take them off tv, they lose their power faster than Sampson without his hair.

in 3 months it will be who's Bill O'Reilly. oh yeah, didn't there used to be some guy on some news channel with that name. wonder what ever became of him. (and he's not far right wacko enough for hate radio).

That will be the end of Fox News.
You should see what the Twittersphere is saying about FNC tonight. I'm not going to embed a bunch of examples here and slow down everyone's load time, but it's basically a bunch of people who have decided to stop watching Fox now that they've decided to go "full libtard." A lot of people whining that they'd let Mark Cuban go on the air. Explicitly complaining about having to hear multiple points of view. FNC is often criticized for creating a conservative bubble, but a sizable portion of their viewership wants that bubble. They have no desire to ingest any media except that which reinforces beliefs they already hold.

With this latest guy gone...seems the Murdoch sons are taking over full control of FNC and supposedly want out of the "hard-right" political talking heads.

The only thing I occasionally watch on FNC is the 6p hard news show Special Report with Baier. I find it one of the best on tv of any channel.

With this latest guy gone...seems the Murdoch sons are taking over full control of FNC and supposedly want out of the "hard-right" political talking heads.

The only thing I occasionally watch on FNC is the 6p hard news show Special Report with Baier. I find it one of the best on tv of any channel.
I like Baier. If FNC had more Baier, Smith and Wallace, and less Doocy, Watters and Hannity, they'd be a much better source of news.

I agree with your take on the Murdochs. Rupert is not a young guy, and I think he's showing more of a willingness to defer to his sons, since he has to keep their future interests in mind. But there's an added consideration: the attempt to acquire Sky. Even if Rupert were pulling all the strings, he still might find the need to put out the FNC fire in order to get that deal to go through. After all, as popular as FNC is, it's still just one cog in the money-making machine that is 21CF.

Reactions: RBB89

FNC's house cleaning is way over due. O'Reilly and Hannity's time has come and gone years ago. (Laura Ingraham can go too) Kelly was a loss, but that's what free agency is all about. Fox has a core of good talent and there are many more out there. It's view point serves an important purpose. GOP control of so much of government at so many different levels suggests there will always be a market for their product. They need to stay the course with new blood.

Oh, I think regular appearances by Mark Cuban would be a gas. He is the biggest free market guy in the country. He is pretty smart. And he is outspoken. What's not to like?

You should see what the Twittersphere is saying about FNC tonight. I'm not going to embed a bunch of examples here and slow down everyone's load time, but it's basically a bunch of people who have decided to stop watching Fox now that they've decided to go "full libtard." A lot of people whining that they'd let Mark Cuban go on the air. Explicitly complaining about having to hear multiple points of view. FNC is often criticized for creating a conservative bubble, but a sizable portion of their viewership wants that bubble. They have no desire to ingest any media except that which reinforces beliefs they already hold.
Can someone explain why people think it's cool to use the word libtard? It just shows me one more example of ignorance and someone I wouldn't even attempt to have a discussion with.

Can someone explain why people think it's cool to use the word libtard? It just shows me one more example of ignorance and someone I wouldn't even attempt to have a discussion with.
The opposite of those that think Rethuglican and Tea Bagger?

Last edited:
The opposite of those that think Rethiglican and Tea Bagger?
Never heard Rethuglican and Tea Bagger is what those guys called themselves, before they knew what it meant. But still haven't heard that in years.

Alex Jones fans know exactly how these FNC viewers feel...betrayed.

NBC just reported on the Today Show that Sean Hannity was on his way out the door! Looks like they are flushing the toilets at Fox!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT